* mail() and SMTP not woking on just one account (chew on that one!)

Here is a really interesting issue for you to chew on beause I am pretty stumped at this point. One of my accounts, which of course is my main account, are unable to send out emails using either the php mail() function or SMTP, but regular email can be sent and received normaly.

All other accounts on the server works just fine though and I have deleted and setup all emails on that account and pretty much poked it anyway I can with no success.

When attempting to send emails from this account it does not show up in any error logs, email ques or anything like that as far as I can tell...it just get stuck in mid air like tha functions are never called...

Its like a ghost in the machine http://forums.cpanel.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If anyone have suggestions on how to take care of this problem I would very much appreciate it.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mortekai View Post
    Here is a really interesting issue for you to chew on beause I am pretty stumped at this point. One of my accounts, which of course is my main account, are unable to send out emails using either the php mail() function or SMTP, but regular email can be sent and received normaly.

All other accounts on the server works just fine though and I have deleted and setup all emails on that account and pretty much poked it anyway I can with no success.

When attempting to send emails from this account it does not show up in any error logs, email ques or anything like that as far as I can tell...it just get stuck in mid air like tha functions are never called...

Its like a ghost in the machine http://forums.cpanel.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If anyone have suggestions on how to take care of this problem I would very much appreciate it.
    is the mail script producing any errors? ( its own log )

Also, how are you running the mailing script? Any more information would be appreciated - PHP source of mailer?

have you possibly blocked the mail script - mod_sec rules?
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers

There are no errors or logs at all and its multiple script sources (for example WHMCS and IPB Forum) so its not likely to be a issue based on the scripts themselves as they have worked just fine for years.

mod_sec rules I am not sure of...can they be set to block specific account or domains?

Despite the help from multiple Cpanel technicians and ConfigServer techs this issue is still a mystery and I am now going to delet the account and reinstate it to see if that help...its a nasty thing indeed!