I'm sitting here wondering what peoples' ideas of 'easy signups' are? I've seen systems where people signup, after filling out the standard amount of personal data (name/address/tel/email) and then get an account in a 'control panel' where they can find their first invoice - as well as an email.
What would the ultimate signup process be?
I'm currently thinking:
1. Click 'order' next to a package you want - there should obviously be a completely custom section somewhere for the fussy/technically advanced.
2. A signup form appears, you can import all your contact data from places like myspace, facebook and similar sites with a single click/login.
3. Once you click submit there should be a confirmation so you can definitely see what you ordered
4. Once you've confirmed you're taken straight away to first payment and emailed an invoice. Importantly there's a link here so you can get back to payment if you don't want to pay straight away (but not a full fledged control panel login?)
5. You pay and receive another email with login details and a summary of your billing plan, as well as a link to terms of service.
6. Each month you receive a summary of your usage.
What do you think?
Orion Internet Services Ltd. Genuinely affordable UK-Based VPS and Website Hosting Tel: +44 (0) 845 8621431 -- Email: [email protected]