Thread: Easy Signups

Easy Signups

I'm sitting here wondering what peoples' ideas of 'easy signups' are? I've seen systems where people signup, after filling out the standard amount of personal data (name/address/tel/email) and then get an account in a 'control panel' where they can find their first invoice - as well as an email.

What would the ultimate signup process be?

I'm currently thinking:

1. Click 'order' next to a package you want - there should obviously be a completely custom section somewhere for the fussy/technically advanced.

2. A signup form appears, you can import all your contact data from places like myspace, facebook and similar sites with a single click/login.

3. Once you click submit there should be a confirmation so you can definitely see what you ordered

4. Once you've confirmed you're taken straight away to first payment and emailed an invoice. Importantly there's a link here so you can get back to payment if you don't want to pay straight away (but not a full fledged control panel login?)

5. You pay and receive another email with login details and a summary of your billing plan, as well as a link to terms of service.

6. Each month you receive a summary of your usage.

What do you think?

Henri
    Orion Internet Services Ltd.
    Genuinely affordable UK-Based VPS and Website Hosting
    Tel: +44 (0) 845 8621431 -- Email: [email protected]

Your method wouldn't be a bad plan but all websites are not alike.

I'm talking mainly about VPS providers - do you think that'll vary as much?
    Orion Internet Services Ltd.
    Genuinely affordable UK-Based VPS and Website Hosting
    Tel: +44 (0) 845 8621431 -- Email: [email protected]