Best place to go to for a business credit card?

I'm shopping around for business credit cards. I have a personal one with WaMu and I love their online interface, but they only allow business signups by solicitation.

So, who do you all use, and would you recommend them? (And, do they allow automated payments?)

We use Bank of America. They have a monthly checking fee if you have less than $5,000 in your account. But they have a lot of great online tools. I also ended up grabbing a credit card from them as well.

I wasn't aware that Wamu only allows business accounts by solicitation. But usually the best place for a business account, is the bank where you already have a established record.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    We use Bank of America. They have a monthly checking fee if you have less than $5,000 in your account. But they have a lot of great online tools. I also ended up grabbing a credit card from them as well.
    When I was looking at business checking, I looked at BoA but it seemed like more charges and hidden charges and such then I wanted to deal with. I got an account with SunTrust in the end -- my choices where BoA, Wachovia, and Suntrust because of branch locations as well as experience in one way or another with each.

Suntrust, amazingly, have a free business checking accounts as long as you stay under 150 transactions a month. Free checking for business just seems wrong, huh?

Anyhow, Suntrust also has business credit cards. But like daejuanj said, it's likely easier to get a business credit card from the current bank, but if they only want to invite you, then it's their loss.
    -Steven | u2-web, LLC - Clustered Shared Hosting
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Amex all the way for a CC.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Quote Originally Posted by keliix06 View Post
    Amex all the way for a CC.
    We use an American Express charge card for most of our monthly recurring charges, and have racked up quite a large number of rewards points. Their customer service is top notch. When you call, they're actually interested in what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by steven99 View Post
    I looked at BoA but it seemed like more charges and hidden charges and such then I wanted to deal with.
    We've had a Bank of America business credit card since 2001, and haven't noticed any hidden charges. As long as you pay your minimum amount due on time each month, you shouldn't be seeing any special charges. They also have very good rates, and they constantly increase our credit limit without us asking. Our credit limit is even higher than the "up to" amount that they currently advertise
    Last edited by bqinternet; 03-26-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Amex is top-notch, and so is Advanta.
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I'm shopping around for business credit cards. I have a personal one with WaMu and I love their online interface, but they only allow business signups by solicitation.

So, who do you all use, and would you recommend them? (And, do they allow automated payments?)
    Are you talking about an actual business credit card with a credit limit or just a debit card that is attached to your business checking account?

I have a business account at WAMU with a buisness debit card.

For a business credit card I would look in American Express and maybe the the Costco version of it if you have a Costco in your area. They have great rewards and good service and allow online payments that you can setup to be automated if you want to.

If you mean an actual credit card (not debit/atm card), I'd suggest AMEX.
    Their Blue (can't remember the exact name) card is good, with a lot of reward points and low interest.
    Netrillium.com, Inc.
    http://www.netrillium.com
    Since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Netrilli View Post
    If you mean an actual credit card (not debit/atm card), I'd suggest AMEX.
    Their Blue (can't remember the exact name) card is good, with a lot of reward points and low interest.
    Yes the Costco version of the American Express for business owners is like the Blue card and I think the rewards are even better but of course you have to have a Costco around you to sign up. you may be able to sign up online though.

Yes, I'm looking for an actual credit card. I'll check out AMEX and BoA.

I don't believe there are any Amex Blue business cards. Blue is their personal line, Open is the business line. They have many similarities between the two.

If you're getting a new card, the Plum Card looks pretty good.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

We had an AMEX Blue for Business card, quite a while ago (before Open ...) In any event, we are pretty happy with AMEX. We have an actual line of credit with them, platinum business card, gold rewards personal card, and a business management card.

To say the least, we spend a lot of money on our cards and the rewards are great.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.