Jena, Louisiana

* Our Company's Server...

Hello Everyone! Good day to you!

Well, My computer company seems to be getting so much business these days I thought it was about time to setup our own website & server. I took to the liberty of doing a good bit of research on the different type of web server softwares out there and was quit pleased with what I have choosen.

Since 'web sales' is not our primary income right now I considered it would be best to start off on the web small and grow if time and interest permits. Being that I myself am a computer tech I decided to go with a Windows server (ahh.. I know.. Linux is more stable & secure, I do agree with you but certain things are halting me from personally using linux at this time.). So I decided since I am just in the experimental phase I am not going to buy a new license for Windows 2000 server until I know this is right for my company. So, I pulled up an older server and installed Windows 2000 Professional and installed a really nice piece of software called 'Sambar'. It all seems to be going well for now. I am duley considering upgrading to w2k server if things continue to look good.

But to my point, do you have any suggestions for me? Anything I should look out for?

Remember this is in the experimental phase.

Thanks So Much,
    TechEGlobal Computer Solutions

Chesterton, IN
    What are you running that you need your own server for? In a lot of cases, shared hosting plans would be fine.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm -
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

You may want to start off with a virtual hosting account. These are on managed servers in proper data center facilities (most cases). This would probably be a cheaper, safer and less time consuming option.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz