Cheap server with 100Mbit for remote backups

I need cheap dedicated server for remote backups with at least 200GB hard drive and 100Mbps up/down connection and 1000GB transfer. It would be the best to be in US, but it can also be in Europe if speed from US can be at least 60Mbps.

The best I found is Hetzner (49 eur), but they are in Europe and they have a 99 eur setup fee which is too much for me.

It would be great that it's even cheaper than this, because this Hetzner server have a dual core AMD 5600+ CPU, 2x400GB HDD and 2GB of RAM, so because I don't need all that I was hoping to find even cheaper Celeron or Sempron with 200GB HDD and 512MB or 1GB of RAM in US.

Thanks.

Look through the dedicated server offers forum, you're sure to find something. You might check out VolumeDrive.
    ██ HermeTek Network Solutions
    ██ Network design, security, and implementation
    ██ BSD & Linux consulting, training, and hosting
    ██ https://www.hermetek.com | 1.866.235.1288

check out hosting offers???

what os??

Linux CentOS or similar.

VolumeDrive have a 10Mbitps, and all other offers in server offers forum with similar price have a 10Mbps, so that's why I am asking here.

i would talk with a few providers. Most can offer that bandwidth, probably best to talk to some.

are you looking at a longer term or just month to month??

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Email them directly with your requirements and they may work with you. In a sub-$100 price range you're not going to have much choice. As far as a dedicated 100mbps connection, you're not going to get that for under $1K+/mo (but you will find burstable for a < $100 price)... And you won't realistically max that on a 200GB drive anyway.

how quick do you need a dedi???

@3dgwebhosting
    No, just month to month.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dgwebhosting View Post
    how quick do you need a dedi???
    I am not in a hurry.

gotcha, definitely talk with some providers. Most will work with you.....

Speaking of bandwidth, what connection do you have that constitutes a 100mbit connection for a backup server?

@hermetek
    I need 100Mbps to backup my other servers that have a 100Mbps connection.

Depending on your price point, I'd speak with VolumeDrive directly or for a more expensive server check out SoftLayer, TMS, LiquidWeb, or LayeredTech.

Edit: LayeredTech usually has pretty good prices on clearance boxes.

If you dont mind FDC I suggest you get in there before they fill up as they have space for only 150ish servers left apparently.

Hello, I would suggest volumedrive, their servers are very nice for backup purposes and they come with 10mbps unmetered by default, however I'm sure you'll be able to upgrade to 100mbps.

Good luck.
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !

You could get a corenetworks server. They are 10mbps but a 100mps upgrade (does not effect your quota!) is $10/mo extra. You could inquiry them about getting a bigger hard drive on the smallest server, and they'll probably let you do it (for a one-time fee).

@RN-David
    I don't know what exactly do you have in mind at FDC, because as I see their prices are starting from $149 and I am looking for something around $60.

I just noticed that VolumeDrive only accepts PayPal so VolumeDrive is not an option for me because my country is not on the PayPal list.

You want 1TB bandwidth on a 100mbit port? Thats fine, most dedicated providers use 100mbit ports. BurstNET have some cheap servers, ideal as backup servers.
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

I don't believe that you can get what you are asking for in the price range you are asking for.

Unmetered that will burst to 60mbit on a 100mbit port with 200gb drive all for $100? If you do find this I would be curious as to who is offering it.

If you just need backup space why not just use bqbackup.com?
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

No, I am not looking for unmetered, I never said that.

I just need 1 or 2TB on 100Mbit connection.

@Jona102190
    I was just looking at CoreNetworks offer, and I realy like those servers from $24.95 , I tried to download their 100MB test file and I get a constant 100Mbps transfer, so I will contact them now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    @RN-David
    I don't know what exactly do you have in mind at FDC, because as I see their prices are starting from $149 and I am looking for something around $60.

I just noticed that VolumeDrive only accepts PayPal so VolumeDrive is not an option for me because my country is not on the PayPal list.
    Just wanted to clarify, we also accept google checkout and direct CC processing.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

^
    Ok, but when I trie to order at your web site at Payment Method there is only PayPal and Check By Mail options.

That payment method has not yet been added to our ordering system, but it is available via a custom quote which you can request by email, or our contact page.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Are you basically looking for a lot of incoming bandwidth? Since this is a backup server thats what I would assume it would be. I dont think it would be an issue for a more personalized host to offer you a ton of incoming bandwidth as they usually have a lot of open space on their commits for that.