Question Who has hosting reseller plan on LaneHost?

Is here anyone who has hosting reseller plan on LaneHost?
    I have some problems with their server and I want to know if it is only my own problems or general.

If you try search from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php when you maybe find bad reviews. If your hosting provider cannot resolve your problems when I recommend what look for another provider.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

I suggest contacting their support or as dhcart said searching on here or with google.

What sort of problems are you having ?
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by Glostar View Post
    Is here anyone who has hosting reseller plan on LaneHost?
    I have some problems with their server and I want to know if it is only my own problems or general.
    You can read my review of Lanehost here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...02&postcount=7
    and all thread here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...02#post4868702

Unfortunately the problems with Lanehost do not seem to be an isolated cases, but general problems…

Three months after my account cancelation, my account is still active (I can access through IP with my log/pass data), but I receive an error everytime I try to erase the contents of my accounts (photos, docs, etc.).

I requested Lanehost to delete definitely my account, but still no luck.

I have or hopefully had an account with them. Only had it a week or so. Trying to get it cancelled, but the ticket is just sitting there.

I don`t know, perhaps it`s unfair of me to judge them in such a short space of time. I just wasn`t comfortable with the business setup. Tickets were often not read or closed when an issue was not resolved, or a lot of them get forwarded to an "admin". I`m guessing this "admin" is the owner, which explains the next piece.....

The sales/billing seems to be a one man/lady show, sucks if that that one man/lady is away on vacation or whatever it could be a long wait!

I decided to pay a little more (which in hindsight is nearly always better) and go with another provider for my lesser projects.

Quote Originally Posted by catalonia View Post
    Three months after my account cancelation, my account is still active (I can access through IP with my log/pass data), but I receive an error everytime I try to erase the contents of my accounts (photos, docs, etc.).
    It's not good at all when a host don't mind to remove canceled account on their server.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

I'm surprised such issues are still outstanding. I'm not sure what you can do without taking the legal route when communication breaks down as like this..

I have seen that LaneHost are still advertising here even recently, not sure why they are diverting resources to sales rather than keep customers happy - at least that's how it appears..

best of luck in getting the issue resolved and do let us know how you get on!
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

It`s quite comical, while my cancel ticket just sits there for three days, I received an invoice for next month, three weeks in advance. I wonder where the "lone admin" had got to? May have taken a vacation for easter, I bet you they`re still taking orders!

It's truly unfortunate. LaneHost started off with great potential, great service and a great overall approach to business.

However, they have had rapid growth, and their service have gone downhill from there. It definitely appears to be a one man show (Derrick) and his outsourced support.

Things were getting better but recently, it has gone downhill again. They have started migrating to new servers and after I had received a notice of move, I had requested my DNS servers to get prepared for the move over a weeked ... 4 days I had my employees on stand-by to handle the change of DNS and to man our support lines just in case there were problems on our clients end.

The transfer didn't happen. Overtime for my employees.

Nothing from lanehost for almost 10 days, then an email saying "your accounts have been transferred".

The data they transferred was 10 days old, while they say it was only an hour hold. The server they moved me to had issues with the IP address assigned, so when the domains did propogate to the new server, all the pages, databases etc were from the date of the supposed original transfer.

I now have my employees going through both the old server / new server comparing everything and requesting things to be updated ...

It's a total mess.

I will be billing LaneHost for the time my techs have spent on this.

And I'm paying for this service! LOL!

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by geekie246 View Post
    It's truly unfortunate. LaneHost started off with great potential, great service and a great overall approach to business.

However, they have had rapid growth, and their service have gone downhill from there. It definitely appears to be a one man show (Derrick) and his outsourced support.
    Outsource support is never a good way to do business and maintain sustainable growth.
    The more you know about your customers, the better you can grow your business.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

I have to agree with you, outsourced is never the way to go. I personally have technical staff that handle the issues, they are employed by our company, on payroll and dispatched to deal with problems accordingly.

I'm sure that it was the rapid growth of this company that has caused the issue. However, Derrick is the only admin that is around ... and there's no evidence that there is anyone involved other than him.

Outsource support is never a good way to do business and maintain sustainable growth.
    It has been used in the past by providers, as a temporary solution to their support manning problems. Certain stages in a small company's development are not easy. Going from 1 employee, to 2 employees may be too big of a step to take, and outsourcing part of support can be a reasonable compromise. Like with anything, there are companies that one can rely on, and companies that one can't do the same.

If anything, this whole situation looks more like a reflection of what poor management results in, rather than what outsourcing does to a company.

ldcdc, those are great words of wisdom there. Truly this reflects on the management of LaneHost. There appears to be only one admin, and even though the company providing the service tries, there is no one at the helm running this ship.

Derrick seems to be the only one who is an "admin" and when he's not around, then nothing gets done and tickets requiring an admin take days to resolve.