Web Site Content Verbiage

I am a webhosting reseller, and I am getting customers, but my biggest problem putting verbiage on there site, they couldn't explain their business? They just know it. Is there a software or is there any suggestion anyone here can give as far as content on the site goes. I don't want to copy and paste from other sites, anyone have any suggestions..

Do they have any brochures for their business currently? You may be able to get a better idea of what they want from that.

One of the best ways to generate content for a site is to interview the business owner. Ask him or her about products, services, company history, goals, etc. and record the conversation. Then, extract it into well written text.

If you're not an experienced copywriter, you will want to encourage your customers to hire one. Properly written content is a huge differentiator for professionalism!
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I require all clients to provide content (images and text)...some will disagree with this (especialls SEO folks). Companies will often hire a copywriter or marketing consultant to assist.

Are you a designer? Because you just said you're a hosting reseller. It's your job as the developer of the site to research not only the company, but the industry and their competitors. If you're unable to do that, you should consider outsourcing the copy work, or stick to what you know, since marketing and web copywriting doesn't appear to be it.

Why are you being mean to me I just asked a quesiton.

I don't think anyone is being mean... All I see is very accurate statements.

The first thing I do, even before meeting with the client, is research what their competitors and similar businesses have on their website. I then use that as a guide when meeting with the client. After meeting with the client and hearing what they have in mind, I will then offer them a list of suggested content for the website. They can choose to go with that list, or they can add/subtract things as they see fit. In most cases I request that they provide the majority of the text for the website. I do proof read and edit the text as needed to make sure that the final product is professional in appearance. On a few occasions when dealing with clients who either didn't have the time to put together the full text, or who simply couldn't, I used notes from them, pamphlets, and whatever other materials that they had to create the text for the website. Sometimes you just have to go that extra mile.

Either way, it's going to take some work on your part to make it happen. I haven't had a single client yet that didn't need some "hand holding" when it came to placing text on their website. That said, there isn't any software or program (that I know of) that's going to write a summary about a business for you. Only people can do that! If you can't do it, and the client can do it, one of you is going to have to hire a professional who can.
    Last edited by towd; 03-25-2008 at 12:18 AM.