Thread: Miva Merchant

Miva Merchant

Ok.. This is probably pretty bad.. but I just have to ask it..

Alot of hosting companies provide Miva Merchant with their service for like $15 a month..

Is it just me or is miva merchant $600??

Anyone have any idea on what miva's program is (if any) for web hosting licenses?? I checked their site but didn't see anything.. im going to go dig deeper now..

I apologize in advance if this is just common knowledge

On a closer look I see the 2 partner packages.. 5000 a year for 1 (hah).. and $500 a year for another.. but thats just to be a part of it.. doesn't say what each license costs

We have been a partner since MM 1.0. We paid $40/license back then for a 100 license pack. We still get 100 License packs for a little bit more, but you are still going to need to drop at least $5000 or more to get them for less then $100. This is on top of the Partner plans of $500 or $5000/yr.

You can also buy bulk licenses for like $150/10. Contact Patrick Lawlor for more info at Miva.

We recoup our license fee the first month with a set up fee.

Ah interesting.. I coulda sworn I saw people just giving it away with the accounts though.. I was trying to figure out how they eat a $100 - $500 fee with a $15 a month plan.

Many people do not understand it. Host with Ensim WP 3.1 have it built in, so some say they offer it not understanding it is not that easy. Of course it doesn't have a license so the customer would need to buy it. :-)

I contacted a host (not mentioning name but they are common here) to see how they are doing MM for $15.00mo. They didn't even know that they had to pay for the license still. They thought by checking the MM box in WEBppliance that it was included.

miva merchant and square dancing a match made in heaven
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

I'll take that as a joke. Because if it was an insult we will have to start reliving our battling days.

The mark-up on a MM account is huge. With the profit margins I make on MM accounts, I have more time to teach people like you square dancing.

*nods* I don't offer Miva, but a local host/designer here starts his Miva packages at $69/mo.

50 megs of space. "Unlimited hits" (bargaining, of course, that nobody will become the next Yahoo on his $99 Rackshack).

Bailey

Originally posted by cbaker17
    miva merchant and square dancing a match made in heaven
    Maybe we should give 'UmBillyCord' a new name since he likes square dancing so much. How's about 'HillBillyCord'?