Webhosting startup questions before I hire developer

I would like to ask a few questions related to webhosting startup before I hire developer to make my project. I would like to know whether my requirements can be even done. I am planning to start a website selling website portfolios - each client will get x number of domains with content. I would like to automate this process as much as possible. For that reason I want to create product page and webhosting website. Client will choose in which websites is interested and I will setup the domains and everything on my webhosting for him/her. Is it possible to automatically(with some kind of php script) register the domains with Godaddy domain reseller? I know that they offer reseller website, but in my case I would register the domains for client myself on his/her name and address. So the client would pay me for example $100 and I would then manage everything myself. Is this possible with Godaddy domain reseller or any other domain reseller? Which webhosting script would you recommend, which would be modified for my purpose? I was searching through hotscripts, but I was not able to find any good.

Thanks to all for answers!

First instead of godaddy reseller account look at resellerclub.com account or may be enom reseller account. For server if you are planning for linux get cPanel or DirectAdmin, for billing and automation get WHMCS or AWBS or ClientExec.

Now for automation of content for the sold account, you need to figure out with your developer, or you can simply upload the content manually.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I don't think so we need a billing management solution immediately in start up if we are not targeting international clients.

Maybe for automation.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Thanks for your answers. So with resellerclub.com or enom it would be possible to register the domains automatically (I mean with some script)? I am asking because I am going to post project on some freelance website and I do not want to have any absurd requirements. Also do not you have any links to some webhosting setup tutorials? I am new to this and I would like to learn more about the servers and the other stuff. If I understood it right, the billing software like WHMCS or AWBS or ClientExec just bills the customer and creates cPanel account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jova View Post
    If I understood it right, the billing software like WHMCS or AWBS or ClientExec just bills the customer and creates cPanel account.
    Yes, and register the domain name as well.

With WHMCS (http://www.whmcs.com/) they have modules/actionhooks which could possibly do what you want with reference to setting up the sites. They also have a custom module service. Pop over and discuss your needs, if they can do it for you, then you'll have the whole solution "under one roof" so to speak.
    Hosting Community Talk - A new community orientated Webhosting discussion, guides, and industry news forum. Why not JOIN TODAY!
    My North Wales - A Community/Tourism discussion forum for residents and visitors to North Wales, United Kingdom.