Thread: VO hacked

VO hacked

3 of my sites on Ventures Online were hacked along with everyone else on the server. They put a list of the sites the server when I logged in:

[Edit: Took down the list of sites since you can't see the hacked pages anymore]
    Last edited by shimmy; 08-18-2002 at 06:39 PM.

wait, is that the picture of the hacker or all of those sites have the same content?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

I think it's a pic of a guy the hacker is pissed at

It's wierd if I upload an index.html file to my site, it get's overwritten again

What type of machines are you running?

My guess is somebody really got on the wrong side of this hacker so he got into VO's webserver and posted all his personal details in the hope he would get in trouble!!

Originally posted by FHDave
    wait, is that the picture of the hacker or all of those sites have the same content?
    Regards,
    Ronan
    Pairone Networks Ltd
    Cloud Hosting @www.pair1.ie

ah poor guy ... well, he is famous now for sure
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!

Originally posted by shimmy
    It's wierd if I upload an index.html file to my site, it get's overwritten again
    Are you sure it's overwritten? I dont' think it's overwritten. Perharps the default working directory of your site (and everybody else) has been redirected to different directory and hence the index.html loaded is not of yours or anybody else.

lol that guy is just ya...thats just wrong stupid people these days dumb script kiddies....
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

That sux

I'm in the market for a new host, and was seriously considering Ventures Online, largely due to the positive comments I saw here. I'd be interested to see how this plays out - I notice the site is still hacked.

I also noticed that I was unable to reach Ventures Online for several minutes this afternoon (timeout). Also not a good sign.

Anyone have comments on Fr0zen?

Are you sure it's overwritten? I dont' think it's overwritten. Perharps the default working directory of your site (and everybody else) has been redirected to different directory and hence the index.html loaded is not of yours or anybody else.

Yes, It's being overwritten, cause I replaced the file and my site was fine. Then 5 minutes later it got changed back gain

I can't access any of those sites now, but I was able to access all of them a few minutes ago.

Is it just me?

Yeah .. famous for all the wrong reasons

ah poor guy ... well, he is famous now for sure
    Norm Sherman @ Netacore
    Fast/Reliable cPanel hosting on premium bandwidth
    http://netacore.com

Ouch.....

Seems someone has been slacking in their job updating servers...

Prolly an OpenSSH exploit...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Originally posted by appletreats
    I can't access any of those sites now, but I was able to access all of them a few minutes ago.

Is it just me?
    well, I guess VO finally realized and took down the whole server to save that guy's reputation

VO finally shut down the server. I'm going to take down the list of sites since you can't see the hacked pages anymore

well, I guess VO finally realized and took down the whole server to save that guy's reputation
    And all the site's reputation.... What would the visitors think when they try to hit your site and suddenly see an "personal ad"
    123Designing.com: Webmaster Resource SuperSite
    FreeLanceCenter.com: Buy or Provide Quality Work @ Your Price!
    411Seek.com: Popular PPC Search Engine.

Hey vesuve, I received your email about fr0zen.com

I have been with www.fr0zen.com for almost two months now, and still haven't received any problems(lag time, downtime, or customer care). They pretty much reply to all my emails daily. As for their server, its very fast.

You guys can check out my website at: www.animefantasia.com. My website is a pretty big news/p2p server site and it gets a lot of hits. Nothing that fr0zen.com can't handle =)

Seriously though, I been with liquidweb.com, *****.com, remarkablewebhosting.com, and one other one. All of those host were good at first but after the first week to month, servers started to crash and their support sucked.

The people at fr0zen are really helpful with my getting my scripts running when I needed help. They usually reply to everyone within 1-24 hours. Again like I posted on my old post, I am a web designer so I have two other domains with them right now and I don't have any problems with them. Just give it a try.

shimmy...what server were you on?
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

I was on gamble