SimplyWebHosting.com...?

There is an advertisement that has been up here at WHT for a couple of days or so (http://www.schmolie.com/)that advertises flexiable disk space (all the disk you can use...or so they advertise) and fairly good amounts of bandwidth, starting at $9.99 per month. Has anyone heard of them? Any thoughts on them? Thanks

Well, it doesn't look as bad as 'unlimited', although they sort of state it like that. Actually, I bet they make sure you need the upgradable space before they give it to you.

$9.99/month is crazy for that, BTW.

They don't state on their hosting features page the exact control panel they use, as it might be a home-made one. It would be more promising if they used a well-known one.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

looks like the plan you are looking at comes on a raq 1 or 2 which ummmm... i guess you could say is a little outdated.. I mean depending on what you need it may be fine .. Maybe you could ask if you can see a site that is hosted on one of those machines.. the higher plans seem to use FreeBSD but I would have no clue how you would tell what CP they use.. The Cobalt Raq control panel is nice and easy to use its just the server speed you should think about.. anyway good luck..

looks like the plan you are looking at comes on a raq 1 or 2
    We do offer plans that are on RaQs but they have nothing to do with the plan advertised, the server specs are stated clearly. And, if you were to read the plan description you would notice that we use Plesk. Convoluted site? Yes. I've been agitating for change. We do not offer unlimited bandwidth.

I dont get it.. Simply Web = Schmolie? I was referring to the Schmolie link. Personally I like Raq's infact we still have a 4i what I was thinking of is that a Raq 1 must be around 200mhz or less with 32MB of ram..

AlwaysWebHosting is a different company, Schmolie a domain we own. Weird ... yes, it's a long story. Advantagecom = SimplyWebHosting. We aren't trying to hide anything, just the result of having been in business for a long time.