[for hire]: System Administrator - the one you need.

Hello,

My name is Agnieszka, i'm from Poland.

I readed some older posts with job offerts and requests before i posted.
    I noticed that most of peoples say 'System Administrator for hire' and below
    long list of programs, services and other skills listed.

I'm system administrator. I don't have list of programs to show you because there is no software 'difficult' enough to make problem for good admin. In worst case good admin need few moments with manual to start troubleshooting while average PC user need days to learn basic usage, and years to offer his knowledge as technical support. That's it.

I'm specialized in security issues (such as tracing entry points used to hack account/server) but i'll be also happy to work in team as well as doing daily routines for your company.

mail: [email protected] or Yahoo messenger: scotcad

Quote Originally Posted by sanki View Post
    Hello,

I'm system administrator. I don't have list of programs to show you because there is no software 'difficult' enough to make problem for good admin. In worst case good admin need few moments with manual to start troubleshooting while average PC user need days to learn basic usage, and years to offer his knowledge as technical support. That's it.

I'm specialized in security issues (such as tracing entry points used to hack account/server) but i'll be also happy to work in team as well as doing daily routines for your company.

Hi Agnieszka,

Sorry I don't have an SA position for you right now but I find one of the points you made interesting. That is, why require such a broad specific knowledge when all it takes a bright SA is to quickly skim through documentation.

Well, that's where the fallacy lies. When a server is down and revenue is lost every minute, you can't afford to have your SA go over documentation. You need an SA that has come across the problem and can nail it right on within the minute (experience).

there are exceptions of course but with software getting more and more complex it's only natural to see SAs specialize.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your job search.
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    [ cPanel Varnish Nginx Plugin ] - Enhance LiteSpeed and Apache Performance
    www.unixy.net - Los Angeles | Houston | Atlanta | Rotterdam
    Love to help pro bono (time permitting). joe > unixy.net

unixy,

you missed the point:

there are situations when admin must learn something new as fast as possible.

first one will spend hours to learn it(and add new skill to his list, of course) while second admin will just take a look to understand.

Admins learning all the time, it's natural but posting long list with programs names while looking for _SA_ job is not natural. For example it's same if you advertise your company as very good because it's on 100mbit/s.

Such things are obvious already.

missed the point?

Quote Originally Posted by sanki View Post
    Hello,

Hi sanki,
    when I look for a system admin I want to know which OS's they have experience with. That and the control panel. also can they script? in fact it would be better if you sent a C.V. to give me an overal impression of who I'm going to hire. before i chat online with them. So maybe you'r missing the point.

Regards Terry
    trans-hosting.com. Total Linux and windows hosting solutions, vps, dedicated and collocation, Scripting service, Clustering service. operating since 1997 developers of hpanel and debiandoctor.com(for Linuxhowto)