Need your advice and help

Hi! I need your help and suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.

Well, on a cpanel server I have selected as base hostname : name.example.com

and nameservers : ns1.example.com
    ns2.example.com

the example.com isn't the domain of my hosting company, I have registered it for use only for the server hostname and nameservers. Don't know if I did well, but I thought that it will be fine my server to be anonymous as I'd like to place some resellers on it.

And I don't have problems to use these nameservers for my normal clients (not resellers), I mean it doesn't bother me that my hosting company's name doesn't appear in the nameservers.

So is this correct till now?

Now in case I want nameservers for my hosting company too (I mean nameservers that contain the name (domain) of my hosting company) setting up my hosting company as a reseller on the server is a good idea or not? If not how could I do it?

And one last question, as I said I selected as base hostname : name.example.com , now if I get another server how could I have as hostname : name2.example.com ? and what will be the nameservers then?

Please advice me on this..if I wasn't clear enough please 'highlight' the 'black' points and I'll explain it better. Thanks.

bobcares is offline [email protected]
    There is nothing wrong in what you have done. You can always create virtual name servers for your hosting company and the other resellers too...
    Have a great day

regards
    amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares...."

Mike,

You are doing okay.

If you have name.example.com as your hostname just make sure it resolves to an IP. That is, you have an A record for name.example.com in the zone records of example.com. Obviously the IP should be on the machine whose hostname is name.example.com!

It is perfectly fine to register ns1/2.example.com. Make sure

a] you register them with the root nameservers through your registrar
    b] the IP's are correct and on the machine on which you want them to point
    c] there are A records for your nameservers in example.com zone records

If you want to have your own nameservers say ns1/2.mikemc.com, create them as above and make sure you have 2 diff IP's for them but on name.example.com

If you want to have one more server with name2.example.com just add an A record for name2 in your 1st server but point the IP to the second server.

If you want nameservers for name2, then create ns3/4.example.com with steps a,b & c , make sure you have the IP's of ns3/4 on server2

Cheers
    Balaji
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

I forgot to add, if you want ns1/2.yourhostingcompany.com , just set it up as a reseller in WHM with the nameservers coorectly and you are all done!
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

Thank you both for your replies. A special thanks to MotleyFool for the detailed answer. Have a nice day guys and thanks again.