Post Part Timer For Hire - Experienced cPanel/Plesk/DA/Interworx Tier I-II Tech Support

I am looking for a Technical Support and/or CSR position with an exciting and reputable company. I have several years of experience in the web hosting realm for both sales and support. I have worked on everything from dedicated servers to VPS's. I am familiar with cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and Interworx. I have troubleshooted a myriad of issues and I'm able to operate on my own or with a mentor. I have spent very nearly the past year working in positions that required me to do Level II and above support work. I have a history of praise from clients because I operate quickly and efficiently. I believe first and foremost in taking care of the issue in a timely manner. From there, I always like to inform the client about what caused the issue in a reasonable manner. I don't believe in simply posting bash output or merely saying "I fixed it." I am an English major and this, clearly, gives me an edge when it comes to communication.

I am looking for a position that operates under part time hours of around 15-20 hours a week. I'm looking for wage work of about $9-$11 an hour. I will consider per ticket, but I would like to know how much work I can expect on a weekly basis. I require a real job, not just watching an empty desk. I operate calmly under pressure and I have been placed in situations where I was the most senior tech. or even the only tech. on duty. I go above and beyond for an employer that will treat me well. If the employer is willing, this could develop into a full time job once I graduate.

Finally, there is are two very important details that I must stress to any potential employer. I've had some issues with getting paid anywhere from 1-7 days late. I've previously worked as a 1099 contractor. While I will still consider this, I am looking for a W-2 position, as this is my preference. I haven't really had an issue with this, but I pay taxes and I expect my employer to do the same. I'm looking to get paid on time with no exceptions. I don't think that is asking too much, personally.

--------------------------------------
    Summary of Qualifications
    • Five combined years of experiencing in the web hosting and web design industry.
    • English major and Business Administration minor (junior year) at USC.
    • Outstanding work ethic that can lead when the need arises.
    • Unique experience based in positions as technicians at VPS firms working with Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, and Fedora) and Windows Server 2003. Familiar with bash and command line.
    • Excellent communication ability and consistent record of customer satisfaction.
    • Web design expertise in HTML, XHTML, CSS

Relevant Experience
    January 2006 May 2006 South Carolina House of Representatives, Columbia, SC
    House of Representatives Page
    I handled basic issues that ensured the successful functioning of the House itself as we did a wide range of work from running errands to answering phones.

• Groomed for the head page position from very early on. When a task required something to be done reliably and in a timely manner, I was called upon. Required problem solving abilities and dedication.
    • Handled phone calls for a Representative to polling stations all across the state of South Carolina which involved negotiation ability and the demeanor of a true professional as her representative.

June 2007 December 2007 PowerVPS/Defender Technologies Group, LLC., Ashburn, VA
    Tier II Technical Support Engineer
    I worked my way up from Tier I to Tier II technician and was on the fast-track to become a Tier III Technician. The work involved ranged from working with VPS running cPanel, Plesk, or DirectAdmin on a daily basis, to handling Sales tickets, to posting forum updates, and to working with the backup system.

• One of the fastest rising technicians ever at PowerVPS. Operated as the most senior technician on duty when superiors were out. Sometimes handled the desk alone with 30-40+ tickets on it at a given time when staffing issues occurred.
    • Had to work as a team and coordinate effective responses with superiors as well as coworkers.
    • Created Wiki articles to help other team members.

December 2007 March 2008 Zone.net., Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Technical Support Engineer
    I handled most issues dealing with cPanel, Plesk, and DirectAdmin. The environment was very autonomous so it required extensive research to be carried out.
    • Autonomous atmosphere that required research at locations such as the control panel websites and their documentation alongside other resources such as Google.
    • Handled live chat support real time with clients.

June 2006 Current Higher Purposes, LLC., Camden, SC
    Founder and Chief Administrator
    Higher Purposes, LLC. Is my own company that deals specifically with web design and web hosting. It continues to grow but has required that I learn management, business, and other essential abilities to properly run a business.
    • Work long hours fixing an issue.
    • It works as a one-man operation where support is carried out only by myself.
    • Extensive work fixing cPanel issues but I have begun working with Interworx.
    • Requires the ability to think quickly on my feet, as there is no one else to go when it comes to fixing an issue or making a decision.

September 2004 - December 2004 The Realms Networks
    Sales Manager

August 2003 - March 2004 FastEZ Hosting
    Sales and Support Technician

Education
    Current Junior student at the University of South Carolina. Cumulative GPA 3.441.

--------------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any questions that I can answer. I can provide a full resume, coverletter, and references as needed.

Wage/salary is certainly negotiable. I'm looking to find a home!