IRC ddos protected server - US

Budget: $120-175. Decent amount of IPs (32+ preferable)
    Need it relatively soon.

GodsHost/Awknet is out of stock completely.
    Staminus is out of stock except for $700 servers.
    Gigeservers has a $150 setup fee that I don't really like, but if desperate, maybe.
    Sharktech is **** and there is no way I will even consider them.

DDoS protected meaning nothing too large scale - I just need basic protection against 12 year olds that have pbots.

Any other ideas?
    semi-retired

What type of network are you running, if you're planning on being ddosed?

IRC content is quite frequently DDoSed, does not matter what type of network.

Staminus usually only have availability the first week of each month. The Celeron and P4 servers are all being replaced with Core 2 Quads as users cancel, or so Matt tells us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona102190 View Post
    What type of network are you running, if you're planning on being ddosed?
    There is no network - just general bncs and stuff for personal use (not for commercial/shellco)

And people dos people on IRC for boredom of all things.
    semi-retired

People DDoS everything due to boredom, very few attacks are actually deliberate with criminal intent.

Did you try JustEdge?

http://www.justedge.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    Budget: $120-175. Decent amount of IPs (32+ preferable)
    Need it relatively soon.
    Gigeservers has a $150 setup fee that I don't really like, but if desperate, maybe.
    Take to ameen or drgigenet. They sometimes run specials, though I'm not sure if they apply to the value network. Either way, you may be able to negotiate to something here. From my experience, I would definitely pursue this route, rather than take a risk with a provider that is has less of a reputation, or is newer to the market.

Are you even allowed to run IRC on the value network?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubz31 View Post
    Take to ameen or drgigenet. They sometimes run specials, though I'm not sure if they apply to the value network. Either way, you may be able to negotiate to something here. From my experience, I would definitely pursue this route, rather than take a risk with a provider that is has less of a reputation, or is newer to the market.

And yes , pretty sure you can IRC off the 69.6?* ips (non-66-252) - I know a lot of people that do.

I think I've asked before, and gigenet is not for IRC - gigeservers is for IRC.

edit: err

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=10
    semi-retired

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Are you even allowed to run IRC on the value network?
    Sorry for the confusion. Their IRC network is similar to the value in terms of carriers from what I've heard, thus the confusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    And yes , pretty sure you can IRC off the 69.6?* ips (non-66-252) - I know a lot of people that do.

I think I've asked before, and gigenet is not for IRC - gigeservers is for IRC.

edit: err

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=10
    Different brand names, same datacenter, same network quality and great people......

I could be wrong, but it would at least be worthwhile to see if they are willing to work with you on the setup. I wouldn't expect them to drop it, but a higher monthly fee, with reduced setup may fit the bill here.