Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,108

    IRC ddos protected server - US

    Budget: $120-175. Decent amount of IPs (32+ preferable)
    Need it relatively soon.

    GodsHost/Awknet is out of stock completely.
    Staminus is out of stock except for $700 servers.
    Gigeservers has a $150 setup fee that I don't really like, but if desperate, maybe.
    Sharktech is **** and there is no way I will even consider them.

    DDoS protected meaning nothing too large scale - I just need basic protection against 12 year olds that have pbots.

    Any other ideas?
    semi-retired

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    188
    What type of network are you running, if you're planning on being ddosed?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    IRC content is quite frequently DDoSed, does not matter what type of network.

    Staminus usually only have availability the first week of each month. The Celeron and P4 servers are all being replaced with Core 2 Quads as users cancel, or so Matt tells us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Jona102190 View Post
    What type of network are you running, if you're planning on being ddosed?
    There is no network - just general bncs and stuff for personal use (not for commercial/shellco)

    And people dos people on IRC for boredom of all things.
    semi-retired

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    People DDoS everything due to boredom, very few attacks are actually deliberate with criminal intent.

  6. #6
    Did you try JustEdge?

    http://www.justedge.net/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    Budget: $120-175. Decent amount of IPs (32+ preferable)
    Need it relatively soon.
    Gigeservers has a $150 setup fee that I don't really like, but if desperate, maybe.
    Take to ameen or drgigenet. They sometimes run specials, though I'm not sure if they apply to the value network. Either way, you may be able to negotiate to something here. From my experience, I would definitely pursue this route, rather than take a risk with a provider that is has less of a reputation, or is newer to the market.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Are you even allowed to run IRC on the value network?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdubz31 View Post
    Take to ameen or drgigenet. They sometimes run specials, though I'm not sure if they apply to the value network. Either way, you may be able to negotiate to something here. From my experience, I would definitely pursue this route, rather than take a risk with a provider that is has less of a reputation, or is newer to the market.

    And yes , pretty sure you can IRC off the 69.6?* ips (non-66-252) - I know a lot of people that do.

    I think I've asked before, and gigenet is not for IRC - gigeservers is for IRC.


    edit: err

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=10
    semi-retired

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Are you even allowed to run IRC on the value network?
    Sorry for the confusion. Their IRC network is similar to the value in terms of carriers from what I've heard, thus the confusion here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    And yes , pretty sure you can IRC off the 69.6?* ips (non-66-252) - I know a lot of people that do.

    I think I've asked before, and gigenet is not for IRC - gigeservers is for IRC.


    edit: err

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=10
    Different brand names, same datacenter, same network quality and great people......

    I could be wrong, but it would at least be worthwhile to see if they are willing to work with you on the setup. I wouldn't expect them to drop it, but a higher monthly fee, with reduced setup may fit the bill here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •