Cool Premium WC Servers: 26 drive Srvs, 16x 2.6ghz node, new fast e8400s, q6600 Raid1 $160

Isn’t it time you upgraded your server? WebNX’s weekly specials are below. If you look closely you will see most of our default configurations come with far more memory and faster drives than most of our competitors similar priced servers. These specials are for new clients only, if you’re an existing client please contact our sales dept.

If your looking for higher BW setups, 10mbps unmetered, >50mbps and so on, please contact our sales dept as we have a few good options.

If you wish to cut cost even more we offer “buy downs” on the higher end servers. If you see a server that looks nice and wish to save some money in the long run? Buy it down!

We give discounts for prepaying, buy 6 months get one free, buy 10 and get 2 free

We will match, and in most cases, beat anyone’s price (on comparable hardware and similar network offerings). These specials will not last long, pick up your high-end server before its gone!

Our servers now come with a Private GIGE Network. All servers also come with remote rebooters, currently reboots are done via tickets and completed within 15 minutes, but we are working on a portal that will allow clients to remote reboot their own servers.

TO PURCHASE ANY OF THESE PACKAGES, PLEASE E-MAIL [email protected] WITH THE SERVER YOU WANT TO PURCHASE AND WE WILL SETUP A CUSTOM SIGNUP LINK FOR YOU.

Besides what is listed below, we have 16 drive sata setups (14+TB of space), 16 drive 15k rpm scsi setups (big db servers), and complete cluster setups let us know if you need anything not listed.

We are working on a nice reseller program, if your a server reseller and wish to grow into the high end server market let us know and we can work out a custom setup for you.

Some new Remote access cards came in this week add Remote KVM w/ remote media mounting (use your home cdrom to load a server) $30 per month to add this to pretty much any of our servers.

• Weekly Special, Intel Quad core Q6600, 4GB Ram, 2x 250gb sata Raid 1
      Core2 Quadcore q6600 – 4x 2.4ghz setups, very good bang for buck
      4GB Ram +$20 for 8GB RAM
      2x 250GB SATA HDD w/ hardware raid 1! (scsi options at added cost)
      $160 with 1TB of premium BW - these will go fast, get one before its too late!

• High BW Special
      Single cpu Dual core AMD 270 2x 2.0ghz cores (other speeds in stock)
      4GB ram (plenty of ram in stock if you need more)
      4x 500gb sata II with a 3ware hardware raid 0/1/5/10
      $999 100mbps dedicated unmetered mzima BW
      Or
      $199 with 10mbps dedicated unmetered Mzima BW

• Forum / heavy DB combo setup
      3 server combo, if you need more or a load blanced setup please email us
      Server #1 is the Webserver, dual cpu clovertown, 8 cores at 2.66ghz
      8gb ram, 8x 36gb 15k rpm scsi with hardware raid 10
      Server #2 is the DB Server, Dual cpu dual core opteron 280, 4x 2.4ghz
      16gb ram (+$100 more for 32gb), 16x (yes 16) 18GB 15,000 rpm scsi with high end PCI-E raid card
      Server #3 Pics, DB slave, backup server whatever you wish to use it for, dual opteron 256
      4x 500gb sata with hardware raid 5 or 10
      All servers connected on second network at Gigabit speeds
      $1200 with 3TB BW

• Smaller 16 core machine, Last one! 16 cores, 16gb ram, 8 15k scsi drives!
      Its unlikely you will find anything quite like this server for anywhere near the price!
      8x dual core 865 AMD opteron cpus 16 cores at 1.8ghz each
      16GB DDR ECC ram, plenty of ram in stock to upgrade to 128GB
      8x 36gb 15k scsi with High end pci-e scsi raid card
      2TB Mzima BW
      Free Remote access card, KVM, remote cd mounting, reboots, etc
      $550 per month. Wow!

• 8x AMD Opteron 885s! 16 cores, 32gb ram, 8 15k scsi drives!
      Its unlikely you will find anything quite like this server for anywhere near the price!
      8x dual core 865 AMD opteron cpus 16 cores at 1.8ghz each
      32GB DDR ECC ram, +$200 for 64 $350 for 128gb ram
      8x 36gb 15k scsi with High end pci-e scsi raid card
      Or
      8x 250GB sata with hardware raid 10 card
      4TB Mzima BW
      Free Remote access card, KVM, remote cd mounting, reboots, etc
      $850 per month. Wow!

• A few more in stock, fast new intel cpus!
      Core2 duo 8400, These are the new core! 6mb cache, 2 cores at 3ghz each
      Our benchmarks show this to be the fastest dual core on the market!
      4GB DDR 2 ram (+$10 per gb, or $20 for 8GB ram)
      1x 250gb sata II
      $150 1TB Mzima/Premium BW

• New Intel Harpertown, 5430’s (not the slow 5405s!)
      Intels new 5400 series cpus, 2x 5430, 8 cores at 2.66ghz and 24MB cache!
      4GB Fully buffered DDR2, +$10 per extra GB
      2x 250GB sata w/ hardware raid 1 (other drive options in stock, scsi. Sas. Etc)
      $350 with 2TB of Mzima BW

• New Intel Harpertown, 5410’s
      Intels new 5400 series cpus, 2x 5410, 8 cores at 2.33ghz and 24MB cache!
      2GB Fully buffered DDR2, +$10 per extra GB
      2x 250GB sata w/ hardware raid 1
      $280 with 2TB of Mzima BW

• Fastest Clovertown made, 8 cores at 3GHZ each!
      Dual cpu quad core x5365 8 cores at 3ghz each
      8GB FB ECC Ram +$50 for 16GB
      8x 36gb 10k rpm SAS with hardware RAID 5/6/10 (bigger sata / other options in stock)
      $550 1TB Mzima/Premium BW
      $450 with 2x 146gb 15k rpm SAS w/ raid 1

• Massive backup server, 26 hard drives! 24x 500GB, 2x 250gb (boot)
      2x Dual core Opteron CPUs, 4 cores at 2.0ghz each
      4GB ecc ram (+$10 per gb for extra mem upto 32gb ram)
      24x 500gb sata on 3x PCI-X sas cards, server pre setup with FreeBSD and ZFS 11TB usable space
      $800 10Mbps Mzima BW (if you need more bw, we have a few options)
      OR
      $1400 with 100mbps dedicated Mzima BW

**free Scsi raid 1 **
    • Dual Opteron 256, 4GB ram, 2x 15k rpm scsi
      Fastest single core Opterons, 2x 3ghz cpus
      4GB ecc ram (+$10 per GB for extra RAM)
      2x 36gb 15k scsi or 2x 73gb 10k rpm with raid 0 or 1
      $170 1TB Premium BW

Fast 256 Opterons
    • Dual Opteron 256, 2GB ram
      Nice inexpensive server grade setup
      Fastest single core Opterons, 2x 3ghz cpus
      2GB ecc ram (+$10 for 4GB Ram)
      1x 250GB SATA II drives(other sizes in stock)
      $150 1TB Premium BW

• **down to the last two!**
      AMD Opteron 180, Dual core, 2 cores at 2.4ghz each
      2GB (+$10 per GB for exta RAM,)
      $120 1TB Mzima BW

Our cheapest option right now

• Dual core Celeron w/ 2gb ram
      New Celeron Dual core, 1.6ghz (based on the core2 technology)
      2GB (+$5 per GB for exta RAM) upgrades to 8GB
      $99 1TB Mzima BW

WebNX is not a reseller, We own all of our hardware and colo it in multiple cages and suites in down town Los Angeles. We

We are very flexible and open to unique configurations. Send us an e-mail with your requirements to [email protected] and we would be happy to provide you with a custom quote. We provide servers/hosting for some of the largest vB forums. If you have a setup that needs a lot of cpu power or disk I/O please let us know your needs and we will try our best to come up with a solution for you.

If your interested in more than one server and want them connected on the second network card, just ask or request a custom quote.

All servers come with 5 usable IP addresses on a private VLAN.

cPanel is $30 per month

Direct Admin is $10 per month

Cpanel VPS license - $10 per month

Extra ram is $10 per GB per month (special deals for >8GB ram, email us for details)

Windows 2003 Web - $10 per cpu
    Windows 2003 STD - $20 per cpu
    Windows 2003 EE - $30 per cpu

Legal adult content is allowed, no IRC.

Do you need a load balanced forum or other setup? Let us know and we will setup a custom quote, from 4x 15k rpm scsi DB servers to 16x 15k scsi drive database servers, we do it all!

Most servers have options for scsi upgrades, Larger drives, with sata & scsi 0/1/5/10

Los Angeles Premium – Level3, Uunet, At&t, Global crossing and some peering. Pings – 206.251.72.1 and test file -http://nocnx.com/100mb.bin

New LA Premium mix – Mzima, Level3, UUnet, At&t and Global crossing – Pings 67.220.206.2 test file – http://67.220.206.2/100mb.bin
    **this is the network our 10 and 100mbps unmetered servers are on***

Los Angeles Mzima – Pings = 72.37.185.1 Test file -http://webnx.com/100mb.bin

These prices are good for a week, or until the particular server is sold out.
    Daniel Pautz - WebNX, Inc. dan >< WebNX.com
    WebNX.com Enterprise Hosting Solutions Los Angeles and Manhattan NewYork based Servers
    High end Dedicated Servers at reasonable prices and a Premium network with 9x providers route optimized with the Noction IRP

Managed, semi-managed or unmanaged?

I am intersted.

Dual core Celeron w/ 2gb ram

New Celeron Dual core, 1.6ghz (based on the core2 technology)
    2GB (+$5 per GB for exta RAM) upgrades to 8GB
    $99 1TB Mzima BW

questions:
    1 is i faster than P4 3g ?
    2. can I host proxy site?
    3. how much for extra IP ?
    4. how much to upgrade to 2000G bandwidth in total ?

I am intersted.
    intel xeon 4 cpu quad core 3.2 ghz (16 core)
    8gb ram
    2000 gb bw
    12 ip address
    10 vz panel

Questions about WebNX

Firstly I'd just like to say that I've only heard great things about WebNX and the offers in this thread are very appealing. However I've experienced bad hosting companies before and it has made me very cautious with regards to terms of service and the customer-host agreement. Therefore I've got a whole bunch of questions relating to your website/terms and conditions that I hope can be answered.

1) I noticed your website lists servers with a much worse value/performance ratio than what is offered on WHT. Is this because they're managed servers?
    I was given the impression that the list of available servers on your website hasn't been updated in a very long time?

2) The terms of service page on the website states that bandwidth overages are $0.50 per GB. Is it possible to cap the server connection when it goes beyond the bandwidth limit, rather than be billed per gigabyte? I'd hate for a worst case situation where some images on a server to be 'slashdotted' by popular sites resulting in 36GB/hr (864GB/day) bandwidth usage. It may not always be possible to monitor the status of a server every day depending on who is using the server, hence capping the bandwidth instead of charging extra may be more ideal to some people.

3) Under the cancellation policy section of your website, there is a link to the non-existent webnx.com/cancel.php page (and it is stated that this is the only way to cancel the service). The privacy policy page (webnx.com/company/privacy-policy.html) and service level agreement (webnx.com/company/service-level-agreement.html) pages on the website are blank and contain no information.

4) The internet abuse section says that legal things like port scanning are allowed with permission from the remote network (I have absolutely no problem with this rule). A few clauses down there is another statement which very broadly says that all 'scanning' (it is almost this vague) is bad. I know these clauses are designed to prevent obvious abuse instead of a website that offers free remote port scans/security tests, but when it is also said each instance of abuse will result in at least a $100 fine, I want to be absolutely clear on these issues. The ToS with regards to abuse and fines seems quite vague and somewhat 'scary' considering that it reads like a server would be pulled offline, formatted and a fine charged over a misunderstanding or an invalid scare letter sent by lawyers or pranksters who have been tracing the wrong IP address or have no legal basis for their claims. If people purchasing WebNX servers are setting up shared hosting accounts, the administrator of the server doesn't know the content on each shared hosting site. What protection in the ToS does WebNX offer against people who are using WebNX to provide VPS or shared hosting services and don't want their server formatted each time one of their many customers does something illegal on their VPS account?

5) Does WebNX require access to the dedicated servers? I've seen some hosting companies (bad ones) which require their customers provide them access to each dedicated server. The problem with this is that in my experience, the web hosting companies do a very poor job of keeping their password database secure. Hence the database will be hacked by a kid and every dedicated server will be hacked accordingly. I'm just asking for a clarification on this issue as to whether an unmanaged dedicated server really is unmanaged and completely disconnected from the hosting company on the software side (if the customer chooses for this arrangement to be made).

I hope my questions aren't taken offensively as they weren't intended that way. Fixing the website, clarifying terms and conditions, removing vagueness, keeping the website updated and so on would make WebNX an unbeatable hosting company to new customers browsing for their next dedicated server. I get the impression that WebNX offers superb service to customers - but only because I've read about it on WHT. To put it bluntly, if I hadn't heard of WHT and went to the WebNX website I would leave within seconds never to come back again. Again, I'm not mounting an attack here, just asking for some words of explanation to help me choose WebNX over other hosting companies with more professional websites/ToS/etc.

Thanks & regards.

The core 2 q6600's are currently out of stock, we should have more shortly.

el3rby, currently intels fastest quad cpu quad core is 2.93ghz and would require a massive setup fee.

mjulo, we are always open to constructive criticism. I will have a response to your message later tonight after things settle down a bit.
    Daniel Pautz - WebNX, Inc. dan >< WebNX.com
    WebNX.com Enterprise Hosting Solutions Los Angeles and Manhattan NewYork based Servers
    High end Dedicated Servers at reasonable prices and a Premium network with 9x providers route optimized with the Noction IRP