Thumbs up MediaLayer rocks!

quick review...

I signed up with MediaLayer having tried steadfast for a very short time (nothing wrong with their hosting, people, infact theyre very professional and fast, i just didnt like spending time doing chmod and stuff when installing/uploading things).

Anyway my impression about MediaLayer is that this is a small company (at least for now) with some good people in it. they are not even set up with a credit card merchant account. I have no idea if they used it before or if they are upgrading, but so far only paypal.

My first account with them took about maybe 3 hrs to set up. I have 2 accounts with them now, and my second account was set up in just about 5 minutes after speaking with Virdi.

I like the way things run at ML, everytime i install stuff, upload this and that, theres never a problem, at least so far (i hate contacting support to ask for special permission to do stuff, which explains my laziness).

Joomla, pligg run fast on their servers. Support is fast, usually within 10 minutes period. Im 'appy!

Keep up the good work MedLay!

Aguss

good to hear about their service.. do they have any special running for members?

i second that. i'm with medialayer for six months now, and till now they are working flawlessly. every single problem which would appear (and there weren't many) was solved quickly and efficiently, and even if it weren't of their behalf - simon and virdi always give an useful advice.

way to go medialayer.

Have been hearing a lot of good reviews about them. Wish them all the success in future,

Quote Originally Posted by aguss View Post
    Anyway my impression about MediaLayer is that this is a small company (at least for now) with some good people in it. they are not even set up with a credit card merchant account. I have no idea if they used it before or if they are upgrading, but so far only paypal.
    that would throw up a red flag for me. i don't know if i feel too comfortable with a vendor that can't even accept something basic like credit cards. it sounds like they are a good host and are treating you right, but still that's kind of weird, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by timocampo View Post
    that would throw up a red flag for me. i don't know if i feel too comfortable with a vendor that can't even accept something basic like credit cards. it sounds like they are a good host and are treating you right, but still that's kind of weird, IMHO.
    They are waiting on their new billing system to implement a credit card merchant account, I asked layer0

While they aren't a fortune 500, several employees answer tickets at least so it's not a one person operation.

OP - Glad to hear your as happy as all us MediaLayer customers..

Everyone has difference of opinion nothing wrong with that, and note just because someone does not accept cc does not mean they might be fraud or unreliable ,else small companies like mine would end up in the ditch pretty soon (do not i did not have cc option for years too ).

Cheers

We are a legally registered company (MediaLayer, LLC) and already have a credit card gateway ready, however our current billing system does not support it. Our new billing system (being developed in-house) will. I would also like to add that we do accept credit card payments through the PayPal gateway (just as many companies both on this forum and elsewhere). If you have any questions please contact us directly.

OP - Thank you for your review.
    Last edited by layer0; 03-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.

i agree, medialayer has been nothing but outstanding with me. their sales area could be a little quicker, but their service and support is top notch.

They are really impressive, I'll be recommending them on my next project of my client.