Smooth switch from Plesk to H-Sphere

I have finally made the decision to switch from Plesk 2.0 to H-Sphere (through Rackspace, rebranded as Hostware).

I have a question for those of you who have already made the switch:

Generally, just how smooth was the switch for your users?

Specifically:

Were you able to maintain mail/FTP/MySQL settings?
    Did all the passwords have to be reset for mail accounts?
    Did the login details change for mail accounts? (server name, etc)
    Do the pop authentication settings stay the same (to prevent relaying)?
    etc.

Also,

Is it possible to transfer Plesk accounts to H-Sphere transparently to the user? I don't care how hard it is (even if I have to move every username and little setting manually) I would like very much not to trouble customers with resetting passwords, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-dlst
    Last edited by dlst; 08-18-2002 at 01:50 PM.

I don't know too much about plesk-to-hsphere migration, but from the sound of your post, there is a script to do the migration?

If so, why not just call up rackspace and ask them? You will get an immediate response.

Peter

Originally posted by ckpeter
    I don't know too much about plesk-to-hsphere migration, but from the sound of your post, there is a script to do the migration?

If so, why not just call up rackspace and ask them? You will get an immediate response.

Peter
    It's an obvious first step, but since I didn't mention it, thanks for the advice.

Of course that's the first thing I tried. There is no script that Rackspace knows of that will accomplish this, and it took them over 24 hours to get me this info (apparently since H-sphere is new to them, only one guy - Peter - really know what he's talking about and it was his day off). Rackspace has the best tech support in the business, but it will be a couple months before all the teams are up to speed with H-sphere.

In the mean time, does anyone have any more suggestions? Maybe specific answers?

Igor Seletskiy
    CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc
    http://www.cloudlinux.com
    CloudLinux -- The OS that can make your Shared Hosting stable