Smile Questions about hosting several domains under a single web account...

How do I host several domains for different websites hosted under one webspace?

Say if I have 3 websites stored in different directories under a single webspace account is it possible to have 3 domains for them? Or would I need an additional 2 more IP addresses (totalling 3 IP address, one for each "site")?

I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, thank you. :-)

This would really depend on who you have your hosting with.
    dot5hosting.com
    chris@dot5hosting.com
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

Thanks puggy! Doesn't it depend on who you are hosting your domains with? I have registered my domain (with more to add later) with a registrar as I want to manage it myself so I stay in complete control.

I think that is what puggy means.

Different host do it differently and depending on the control panel what kind of hosting account you have etc.

If you have a resller account then all the domians could have thier on space control panel etc. If you have a single account that allows multi domain hosting you have one main account and sub domains under it with the domain names parked on top of the sub domains. All accounts share the same space, transfer and control panel.

IP addresses

It also depends on what kind of website projects you have. As a matter of fact, you don't necessarily need a unique IP address for each of your domain; you don't even need a unique IP address for ANY of your domain.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

I am sure there are several ways to do this, but here are a couple.

1)
    Transfer your names to an enom reseller.
    Free domain redirection and cloaking
    Free email forwarding
    Then just put each site into a directory on your server and set up the forwarding in your enom account.

2)
    Find a host with the Hsphere control panel that offers multi domains under one account.
    I am not sure about other control panels but Hsphere does this very well.