Looking for another VPS provider?

Hey all, I'm new...

I'm basically looking to move to a different VPS provider for three reasons:

1. My site has grown and now needs 512mb of dedicated RAM from a VPS account to run smoothly at all times, unfortunatly with my current provider I can't afford this.
    2. I'd like to be able to restart services remotely, so having Virtuozzo or equivilent would be great.
    3. Ideally I'd like the server to be here in the UK, as that's where most of my visitors will come from.

I'm currently with InMotion, who have been very reliable and there support is good too. However, the plan I've ended up on is their $89.95/month one. I started off on a shared plan...

I don't really need that higher specification, I'm looking for:

Disk Space: 20GB
    Bandwidth: 500GB
    512mb Dedicated RAM
    cPanel
    Virtuozzo or equivilent

However, reliablity is really important to me. With InMotion I've virtually never seen my site down (in one and a half years), and I wouldn't like to take a step down from that. 24/7 email support is also pretty important to me.

My budget is 30 - 40 per month, which is $60 - $80.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Locker View Post
    Hey all, I'm new...

I'm basically looking to move to a different VPS provider for three reasons:

1. My site has grown and now needs 512mb of dedicated RAM from a VPS account to run smoothly at all times, unfortunatly with my current provider I can't afford this.
    2. I'd like to be able to restart services remotely, so having Virtuozzo or equivilent would be great.
    3. Ideally I'd like the server to be here in the UK, as that's where most of my visitors will come from.

I'm currently with InMotion, who have been very reliable and there support is good too. However, the plan I've ended up on is their $89.95/month one. I started off on a shared plan...

I don't really need that higher specification, I'm looking for:

Disk Space: 20GB
    Bandwidth: 500GB
    512mb Dedicated RAM
    cPanel
    Virtuozzo or equivilent

However, reliablity is really important to me. With InMotion I've virtually never seen my site down (in one and a half years), and I wouldn't like to take a step down from that. 24/7 email support is also pretty important to me.

My budget is 30 - 40 per month, which is $60 - $80.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you're happy with your current host, then maybe you should ask them to accomodate you further. If you've been a long term client; most hosting companies who manage customer relationships in the real sense would be willing to accomodate you at perhaps a discount. Doesn't hurt to ask

Good luck
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

try http://www.indyanow.com - They got some good deals on vps
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

Quote Originally Posted by Daspawnx View Post
    try http://www.indyanow.com - They got some good deals on vps
    He would like a UK host :-)
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net

it doesn't hurt to keep your options open though ..
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

www.cheapvps.co.uk - though i cant be *sure* about reliability there!
    www.a2b2.com - the parent company of CheapVPS
    http://uk.layershift.com/ - haven't used them myself, but reviews are good.

Good luck

Futurehosting.biz just launched their UK datacenter.You can take a look at them
    NOT a webhost!helping here just for the fun of it!
    G(r)eek inside.

Oh I should also note that alot of UK providers "hang out" at webhostingchat.co.uk.

I have to agree, if your audience is mostly from the UK, you ought to get your VPS in the UK unless you need loads of bandwith. Bandwith is generally cheaper in the USA.
    :: iMountain.com Solar Powered Hosting - Same location for 20 years
    :: Clustered, HSphere, Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated and Luxury clusters
    :: Specializing in Database clustering and optimization for vBulletin, Joomla and Wordpress sites.