Cheapest reseller plans!

Which host offers cheapest reseller plans? I dont mean like $20/mo and unlimited everything. lol. Something more realistic like $20/mo with 40 GB bandwidth or something like that.

Re: Cheapest reseller plans!

Originally posted by Coolium
    Which host offers cheapest reseller plans? I dont mean like $20/mo and unlimited everything. lol. Something more realistic like $20/mo with 40 GB bandwidth or something like that.
    .50 cents a gig now who is being unrealistic?

What do you mean?

rackshack.net
    serverbeach.com
    tranxactglobal.com

They offer it less than $.50 but most people say they are ok. if somebody buys a rackshack server and gets bandwidth for like $.25 then they could probably offer $.50/gb plans. At least they would make like $100 profit off the whole server. Some hosts do that, but I just need to find which ones. lol

Originally posted by Coolium
    What do you mean?

rackshack.net
    serverbeach.com
    tranxactglobal.com

They offer it less than $.50 but most people say they are ok. if somebody buys a rackshack server and gets bandwidth for like $.25 then they could probably offer $.50/gb plans. At least they would make like $100 profit off the whole server. Some hosts do that, but I just need to find which ones. lol
    Please keep in mind that companies have to pay for ;

- Support staff
    - Sales staff
    - Software / Scripts
    - Setup fee's of servers
    - Advertising costs
    - Their own internet connection
    And even more

Re: Re: Cheapest reseller plans!

Originally posted by Smokie
    .50 cents a gig now who is being unrealistic?

Some sites overage charges are $.50 p/GB.... some people think they are dead cheap... but ask their clients what they think Some things are to good to be true... others are to good AND true ...

Coolium, I would suggest posting this in the Web Hosting Requests forum. Just say that you want to find out some of the best prices... not looking for a new host as of yet. We aren't allowed to make our offers in this forum
    Last edited by phpcoder; 08-18-2002 at 02:44 PM.

I agree with phpcoder -

Instead of jumping ahead and blantly stating that .50/GB of bandwith is unrealistic, first post who you are refering to as unrealistic.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

One of my servers is a rack shack server. and after setup and and updating the server to resell, carrying the server payment for X amount of months before they start to make money, and pay employees there is not many that can realisticly sell transfer for what they pay for it.
    My formula is $1.00 per gig in a package
    $1.00 per hundred mb storage and that rackshack server is into my pocket for over $500.00 and still is not paying for its self so this is the reality of web host and if you want .25 cent and.50 cent bandwith you will plop down the set up and the monthly payment on a server set it up and have a fun......
    OR pay a resonable fee for a reseller account and build your clients to the point you can afford a server.

thanks phpcoder!

Smokie,

That is true however at these days in age, it is hard to sell plans for a very reasonable price (practically no overselling). Unless you are a very large company with a VERY good reputation, there is no way you can charge $20 for 100 MB of disk space and 5 GB bandwith. Competition is what is making these prices so low these days.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

Smokie, I agree with what you are saying... but...

Also remember that some companies make "deals" and "partnerships" with other companies/providers to lower the overall cost. Therefore they can provide their services at cheaper prices. RS is a great example.

Of course... if you are a hosting company who just use's servers from RS (nothing wrong with that), I can see that those prices would be a bit unreasonable.

It comes down to: Some hosts can do it and still provide excellent service... others can't.

Re: Re: Re: Cheapest reseller plans!

Originally posted by phpcoder

Edge-Host overage charges are $.50 p/GB.... some people think we are dead cheap... but ask our clients what they think Some things are to good to be true... others are to good AND true

Coolium, I would suggest posting this in the Web Hosting Requests forum. Just say that you want to find out some of the best prices... not looking for a new host as of yet. We aren't allowed to make our offers in this forum

Edge-Host Sales Team ([email protected])
    1-877-850-4658
    AIM: ehalec

Advertising in a non advertising forum? Read the rules..
    Last edited by TimPD; 08-18-2002 at 02:41 PM.

Actually Tim I am not advertising Edge-Host.... I was making a comparison. Why do you think I told him he should post in a different forum?

You mentioned your company you work for regardless that is advertising. Read the RULES...

Tim, just drop it.... I edited my post so that I don't have you pissing me off the whole day.
    Last edited by phpcoder; 08-18-2002 at 05:48 PM.

Originally posted by phpcoder
    Tim, just drop it.... I edited my post so that I don't have a little 15year old pissing me off the whole day.

Haha. You're the kid here.

Originally posted by TimPD

Haha. You're the kid here.
    you aren't much older than him.
    are you under 18?
    answer the question

you aren't much older than him.
    are you under 18?
    answer the question

LOL
    Jason

No offense clocker1996, you don't sound very mature your self when talking on AIM.

No offense clocker1996, you don't sound very mature your self when talking on AIM.
    mmm? Anyways, I know that clocker1996 hasn't ripped anybody off. That boosts his "mature factor" right up there!
    Jason

lol, this will tell you how "mature" he is...

Do not click this link....
    young noble cK: [snip]/
    young noble cK: archive of timmay himself
    young noble cK:
    The link is a crap load of pop ups with a guy spreading his ass apart. So you try to pick some maturity out of that my friend.
    Last edited by fractiousws; 08-18-2002 at 06:07 PM.

I find it funny... how is it immature? It's not like he made it, I've seen it at some "worksucks" url. If I knew he spent time to actually create that, then I might agree.

Actions speak louder than lords, and your partner TimPD knows all about that.
    Jason

Ok, another sick individule who get kicks from looking at the inside of a guys a**. By all means, have fun. Look at them all day and laugh for all I care.

edit: also what does tim have to do with this. I am talking about clocker.

edit2: acually he did take the time to SSH in and upload and setup the files.

Ok, another sick individule who get kicks from looking at the inside of a guys a**. By all means, have fun. Look at them all day and laugh for all I care.
    Can you spell? I think not.

Who said I get a kick of out looking at guys? Nobody. Even if I did.. who cares? Is that any of your concern? No.

Obvouisly you did care about it, if you just said what you said. So don't come and say you don't. It's very obvious. I don't know if you're insecure or what, but whatever.

(For you're information, I'm engaged to a wonderful young lady.)

edit: also what does tim have to do with this. I am talking about clocker.
    Have you been reading the thread? .......

edit2: acually he did take the time to SSH in and upload and setup the files.
    I don't know about you, but I'm always logged into a few of my servers. All it takes is a mouse click to bring up the terminal then pull a wget. Probley about 2-5 seconds tops? Unless you need a map to do this, then it's really not that much of a process.
    Jason

fractiousws,

Do us all a favor (and future visitors) and edit your previous post to remove that link.

The content is sickening and should not be linked from WHT
    Norm Sherman @ Netacore
    Fast/Reliable cPanel hosting on premium bandwidth
    http://netacore.com

Originally posted by netacore
    fractiousws,

Do us all a favor (and future visitors) and edit your previous post to remove that link.

The content is sickening and should not be linked from WHT
    I just snipped it out. I agree, it is sickening. I just wanted to let everyone know just how immature this guy is. Just the thought of such a thing being funny is sick.

Originally posted by jayjay
    Can you spell? I think not.

Who said I get a kick of out looking at guys? Nobody. Even if I did.. who cares? Is that any of your concern? No.

Obvouisly you did care about it, if you just said what you said. So don't come and say you don't. It's very obvious. I don't know if you're insecure or what, but whatever.

(For you're information, I'm engaged to a wonderful young lady.)
    Sorry for making one spelling mistake. Like you have never done it. I have a girlfriend also, and by all means congrats on the engagement. Best of luck to you two in the future

Originally posted by jayjay
    I don't know about you, but I'm always logged into a few of my servers. All it takes is a mouse click to bring up the terminal then pull a wget. Probley about 2-5 seconds tops? Unless you need a map to do this, then it's really not that much of a process.
    Even the fact that he even took any time to upload such images to a server which he probably has clients on (some I am sure are under the age of 19) is just sick.

All the boys are in fine form today, I see.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    All the boys are in fine form today, I see.
    Aussie Bob miss a debate......never!

If only I had a $ every time some one argues in WHT!!!
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

If ya can't handle the heat...get out of the kitchen

yup outta kitchen... with cool for these kids...
    come out mature after few mugs

young noble cK: you did everything all wrong
    young noble cK: laff
    young noble cK: you guys have "general managers" and **** like that. i bet you guys dont have any more than 30-50 clients
    young noble cK: shakes head
    young noble cK: you guys don't know how to run a business
    young noble cK: you should just sell ns and get out of the hosting industry
    young noble cK: lmao
    young noble cK: homosexual loser
    young noble cK: lol
    young noble cK: are you still a homosexual?
    Steven Netstartz: Ahh, not that I can recall no.
    Steven Netstartz: Never was.
    young noble cK: sure man
    young noble cK: i used to talk to you a year or two ago
    young noble cK: LinuX
    young noble cK: don tplay stupid
    young noble cK: you were gay, you told me so back then
    young noble cK: i highly doubt you just 'changed' into a straight person
    Steven Netstartz: Lots of people talked to me for many years.
    young noble cK: you *told* me you were gay though
    young noble cK: so..
    young noble cK: has nothing to do with how many people you talked to
    Steven Netstartz: And I've only conducted business online. And I'm very busy right now so if you have no questions or concerns or anything productive, I really must go.
    young noble cK: you *told* me you were gay though
    young noble cK: and the fact that you're running away from it, just affirms your homosexuality
    young noble cK: it's ok dude, being gay is fine
    Steven Netstartz: You must seriously have no life.
    young noble cK: laff
    young noble cK: think what you want
    young noble cK: but theres no need to hide your homosexuality
    young noble cK: we both know it's true
    Digging up the past I know, but this convo is still ongoing. I have things to do so I'm blocking him now, but just to let you know this kid still has nothing better to do with his time.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

This is pretty pathetic and very rude of him to worry about people's personal business.

I agree, however some times people are just bored. I can think of a thousand things to do.