My cars making death threats!

So i started up my car this morning and it made a death threat:

http://www.imagehost.org.uk/uploads/9ceca263f5.jpg

Then it predicted the end of the world:

http://www.imagehost.org.uk/uploads/a03de1c09e.jpg

The thing that puzzled me the most was how it could be quite so precise, i mean how does it know that everything will end in 183 miles?

l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Now that's a smart car

and its a fleet car!
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers

About a 5 years ago the cops showed up at about 3:00 AM wanting to know why we called 911. After telling them we were all sleeping they asked to see our phone, which then confirmed their suspicions. It was dead. They said it happens a lot that when a cordless phone is about to run out of battery it calls 911.

I guess, don't put a phone in your car.
    Last edited by page-zone; 03-18-2008 at 07:48 PM.

it gets worse

Quote Originally Posted by page-zone View Post
    About a 5 years ago the cops showed up at about 3:00 AM wanting to know why we called 911. After telling them we were all sleeping they asked to see our phone, which then confirmed their suspicions. It was dead. They said it happens a lot that when a cordless phone is about to run out of battery it calls 911.

That's crazy. I had many cordless phones and never had such problem.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Whoa, thats crazy. Why would it do that? Thats like the worst glitch ever. I guess it helps you to remember to charge it though.

Was it a cell phone or a home phone?

Automatically calls 911? O_o heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan - Limestone View Post
    Whoa, thats crazy. Why would it do that? Thats like the worst glitch ever. I guess it helps you to remember to charge it though.

Was it a cell phone or a home phone?
    It was a home phone, and they said it happens a lot but I never heard of it till then. We threw the phone away, and never replaced it. So for the last 5 years the telemarketers have probably been pretty frustrated, since they were the only ones that still called it.

Heh, just did a search for "cordless phone 911" and it does happen alot - or at least used to:
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/safety/lowbattery.asp
    Last edited by page-zone; 03-18-2008 at 11:28 PM.

We threw the phone away, and never replaced it. So for the last 5 years the telemarketers have probably been pretty frustrated, since they were the only ones that still called it.

How does throwing your cordless phone away invalidate your phone number?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

You can calla number to your heart's content but if there's no phone attached to it you won't get anywhere.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Quote Originally Posted by thebyp2 View Post

The thing that puzzled me the most was how it could be quite so precise, i mean how does it know that everything will end in 183 miles?

I think your car may need an exorcism performed on it. Looks like a better predictor than Nastradamus!

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    How does throwing your cordless phone away invalidate your phone number?

--Tina
    The phone line is still there for the DSL, just no phone.

I read about this a while back... the dead phone calling 911. It's been a while though and I forgot all about it. That page you linked to is the exact same one I read last time.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by thebyp2 View Post

I bet your car also knows what you did last summer
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st