Do I really need VPS ?

Hi !
    I am planing to get a vps managed from wiredtree.com .
    any advice before I do that ?
    also, do I really need this managed vps or just I need reseller account ?
    I do not have any knowledge so far about hosting or server
    I have positive experience with reseller plans
    Thank for the advice

Hi There,

What do you intend on using it for? More info please

PTS

Yes, what is your intend for using the VPS and if you have no knowledge about how manage a server then you will need to get a managed plan. You can always hire a server admin to do work when you need it done but its more of a pain to find an admin in desperate times.

vps fully managed

of course I will take fully managed VPS, and my plan is to sell a reseller plans...
    isn't right that I can do that if I have VPS fully managed ?

If you want to sell reseller plans, one approach is to buy from a host that provides Master Reseller plans.

And yes, you should have it fully managed if you don't know how to do so.

xpcontact, make sure what for do you nned web hosting (VPS or reseller account) for. If you are reselling web hosting -reseller account would brethe best, because of ensв users support related issues. And if you wanrt to have your own web sites hosted - use VPS
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ~ServerPoint~ View Post
    xpcontact, make sure what for do you nned web hosting (VPS or reseller account) for. If you are reselling web hosting -reseller account would brethe best, because of ensв users support related issues. And if you wanrt to have your own web sites hosted - use VPS
    Read his message carefully.

His request is to be able to sell reseller accounts.
    A mere reseller account will not work, unless the host installs Master Reseller type addons.

I you want to resell accounts, I'd think a managed VPS is the right solution for you. You'll also have to pick up some billing software too.

If it's managed, you won't have to worry much about learning the Linux stuff.
    :: iMountain.com Solar Powered Hosting - Same location for 20 years
    :: Clustered, HSphere, Webhosting, VPS, Dedicated and Luxury clusters
    :: Specializing in Database clustering and optimization for vBulletin, Joomla and Wordpress sites.