ASP.NET / MSSQL hosting

Good day all.

I am currently paying around $7 USD for Windows hosting. However, I will need to move to a different host as my website attracts more visitors.

Some "average per day" statistics according to AWStats:
    Uniques: 3000
    Visits: 4000
    Pages: 40000
    Hits: 100000
    Bandwidth: 1GB

I'm assuming that this will be fine on a shared hosting account. I have looked at both DiscountASP and CrystalTech, but their plans are limited to 1 MSSQL database unless I pay more. I am trying to limit my budget to the $20/month range, but cannot find a reliable Windows host that allows more than 1 database.

I am used to hosting my websites on Linux, so I am not very familiar with the Windows hosting prices and feature sets. Can anyone recommend me a reliable host that "hopefully" offers more than 1 MSSQL database around $20 USD/month?

Also, Silverlight hosting would be a big plus since I would like try it out sometime in the future.

Thank you all,
    Obee

You may not find a host with more than one Microsoft SQL database for your budget. Bear in mind that MS SQL servers cost money (and not a small amount). MySQL is slightly different in that the software itself doesn't cost, which is why you'll find plenty of hosts offering lots of databases.

That being said - have you had a look at the offers forum?
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsoftware View Post
    You may not find a host with more than one Microsoft SQL database for your budget. Bear in mind that MS SQL servers cost money (and not a small amount). MySQL is slightly different in that the software itself doesn't cost, which is why you'll find plenty of hosts offering lots of databases.

That being said - have you had a look at the offers forum?
    I figured that $20 USD/month for a Windows host was kind of low, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try

I have looked at the offers forum, however I am not familiar with Windows hosting and do not know which hosts are reliable. I would like to wait a little bit and hear what some people have to say, rather than choosing a host now and regretting it later.

Fair enough
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

You may try SoftSys hosting. They have relatively cheap plans.

$12/3 months for 3 MSSQL databases. There servers/support is fast. Your problem might occur though when you may need to buy "addons". IMO there addons are very expensive (cheaper to buy a whole new plan instead of buying an domain for ex).

But they have some larger plans that may suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by masfenix View Post
    You may try SoftSys hosting. They have relatively cheap plans.

$12/3 months for 3 MSSQL databases. There servers/support is fast. Your problem might occur though when you may need to buy "addons". IMO there addons are very expensive (cheaper to buy a whole new plan instead of buying an domain for ex).

But they have some larger plans that may suit you.
    Thanks for the recommendation

We have our sales team working and analyzing the price structure of addons and we'll have something done regarding it shortly. Many thanks for your inputs

Cheers,
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Quote Originally Posted by Obee View Post
    Good day all.

I am currently paying around $7 USD for Windows hosting. However, I will need to move to a different host as my website attracts more visitors.

<snip>

I'm assuming that this will be fine on a shared hosting account. I have looked at both DiscountASP and CrystalTech, but their plans are limited to 1 MSSQL database unless I pay more. I am trying to limit my budget to the $20/month range, but cannot find a reliable Windows host that allows more than 1 database.

I am used to hosting my websites on Linux, so I am not very familiar with the Windows hosting prices and feature sets. Can anyone recommend me a reliable host that "hopefully" offers more than 1 MSSQL database around $20 USD/month?
    I am currently reviewing Windows hosts with plans close to what you want. Here are a few things that might help:

1) I have had one site with CrystalTech for a few months. Their service and performance are very good. The pricing is reasonable but might be a little high for your budget; I was hesitant to go with them because of my budget, but now I'm glad I did. Excellent support. My one small complaint would be that they don't offer a shared plan that supports more than 1 domain, and the only larger complaint is that the control panel is pretty slow.

2) During the research I've been doing for a few months, I've read nothing but positive things about DiscountAsp.Net, and I almost tried them out, but MS SQL is an addon and IIRC they don't suport MySQL, which I need. And, like CrystalTech, they don't support more than 1 domain per plan, but their basic pricing is within my budget.

3) I've just started testing M6.Net this week - the verdict is still out, but their support has been very responsive and the plan is decent for what I need. The Plesk control panel is a bit sluggish, but I guess most CPs are.

3) Two other hosts I plan on testing based on research are ************ and SoftSysHosting - I've read mainly positive things about both of them, and the plans pretty much fit what I need, except I think SoftSys offers MS SQL as an addon, but they've been one of the hosts that has been very responsive to my sales inquiries, which I see as an indication of a host's support level.

4) Both FluidHosting and 3Essentials area bit out of my range, but I've read mainly positive comments about them.

HTH.

tb

Quote Originally Posted by tbplayer View Post
    3) SoftSysHosting - .....I think SoftSys offers MS SQL as an addon, but they've been one of the hosts that has been very responsive to my sales inquiries, which I see as an indication of a host's support level.
    Thanks for appreciating our efforts
    Just a quick clarification... MS SQL is an addon for Economy hosting plans but If you need MS SQL 2005 databases, you can opt for the MS SQL 2005 Hosting plans (Here) where MS SQL 2005 databases are bundled with the plans.

Cheers,
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Thank you everyone who replied.

According to one of the CTech reps I talked to earlier, only 1 MSSQL database comes with their plans unless I pay extra. I am assuming the same for DiscountASP (please correct me if I'm wrong). I would like some room to expand in the future, so multiple MSSQL databases is a requirement.

After reading everything, I'm considering SoftSysHosting and ReliableSite. ReliableSite is much cheaper, but I'm a bit iffy after reading the comments regarding their support earlier this year.

I am assuming the same for DiscountASP

Hello

This is very likely, Contact the company and ask them how much it is for the custom Addon. Or see can they do a special deal for you. Am sure they would do something if they knew you were a potential customer.

Good luck
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

ReliableSite is much cheaper, but I'm a bit iffy after reading the comments regarding their support earlier this year.
    If you're referring to the January migration, I can tell you that things have changed. The support wasn't too responsive then because everyone of our techs was busy making sure all of the customer sites migrated over correctly and were working great. I'm sure you any host here can tell you the kind of hassle it is to migrate datacenters and that it involves hundreds if not thousands of hours making sure everything is working correctly with each site.

Either way, we offer a 15 day money back just in case
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.