Angry Godaddy, are they kidding me???

I received this message from godaddy today:

This customer account has been locked. The payment method used has been suspended from further use in our system. All charges made to this payment method were refunded and all products were canceled. The refund should be posted back to the original payment method within 5-7 business days (or up to 10 days for international accounts).

This action was taken for one or more of the following reasons:
    + The billing information provided to us at the time of purchase does not match the billing information on record.
    + The billing information provided appears to be incomplete or invalid.
    + It appears that someone other than the authorized payment method account holder may have made the purchase using a computer from outside of the listed billing locale.
    + We were unable to verify purchase authorization with the listed payment method account holder.

If you would like to request reinstatement of your order, please email our Fraud Department at [email protected]. Upon receipt of your inquiry, we will request the payment method account holder to provide the correct billing information as well as a viewable copy of his/her government-issued valid photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport.

followed by 9 messages about cancellation of my 9 domains !!!!!
    my account is locked and my precious 9 domains are canceled !!!!!?
    and I have no idea why??

I'm trying to contact their support with no use!
    anyone can help me, to get my account back?, at least to transfer my domains to another registrar ?

that why i have move my domain out of godaddy.com to be nodaddy.com

It is exactly the distinct possibility that this could happen that makes me avoid godaddy as a registrar. Like many internet based businesses, their methods seem much too one sided for my taste.

Anyone asking for a copy of my identification would be told to go pound sand. So, I would lose. And since I choose not to lose, I choose not to use godaddy.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

so far most of my domain now are in mydomain.com and some in domaincentral.com , 2 in enom.com

They do have a number that you can call. I always find that useful when my need for communication exceeds the simplicity of a support ticket.

Some people here seem to think what the OP outlined only happens with Go Daddy. It can happen with any registrar you do business with, depending on the circumstances.

Based on what the OP provided, it's a billing issue. Suspected unauthorized transaction, chargeback, only Go Daddy knows.

The moment you are seen to violate your registrar's agreement, transferring your domain name out isn't likely an option.

Just call them and act frustrated, yet polite. If you don't like what you're hearing; hang up and call again. You can usually get these types of problems resolved with godaddy. ONE QUICK NOTE THOUGH; Make sure that your account actually is locked and that you didn't just get a phishing hook.

No registrar is perfect but because of a few bad cases we should not blame that the complete system is messed-up. Not at all.

but i will rather skip godaddy and keep it out of reach...

I understand what you are saying. Actually in the end is more like this. If something work alright for someone why not staying wiht that stuff. Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    Some people here seem to think what the OP outlined only happens with Go Daddy. It can happen with any registrar you do business with
    Took the words right out of my mouth, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by steventay
    but i will rather skip godaddy and keep it out of reach...
    So who do you use instead, Steven?
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth, Dave.

So who do you use instead, Steven?
    so far i use the below...

mydomain.com apply domain here using coupon will cost around 6.80

domaincentral.com i like this as free privacy and domain at 6.50

i have move my last godaddy to mydomain

previously i use moniker.com not bad but move out as it does not have free privacy. my price for moniker is $7.44 and Domain Privacy $1.00/Yr

I used to use MyDomain. They're not too bad. I still have a few domains there. $6.80. That's pretty good since their website say $8.75+0.20. How do you get them so cheap? With a coupon? What do you do about privacy? The website says that's $4.99.

I have a few of domains I've purchased at DomainCentral. Price is good. They're a ResellerClub (Directi) reseller which uses the LogicBoxes control panel, which I dislike intensely.

Are these the registration/transfer prices or are they good for renewals also. I don't really see how a reseller can sell under cost or lose money even on renewals.

I currently like..

Price: Name.com $5.99 registration/transfers $7.99 renewals. Free whois privacy. Reasonably easy control panel. This is where I'm transferring most domains which I'm renewing at other registrars, except GoDaddy.

Price2: Fabulous. You need their monetization account, which is a little bit hard to get into. They only sell .com .net .org .info I think. $6.85 .com and $4.95 .net, $6.65 orgs. I'd say there is a learning curve with their control panel. All my .nets are here.

Bulk Management: GoDaddy has best control panel for bulk management. I have an account manager there. I'm getting $7.05 renewals for +50 renewals. I arrange my own privacy, so don't know what they charge. It goes up n down from free to $9.95. Probably privacy renewals are $9.95.

Control Panel: eNom. I'm a top level ETP. So I get domains for $7.45. You can get a sub-reseller account for $8.95. I like their control panel also. 2nd to GoDaddy's, imho. I'm not quite sure about their privacy, but it's somewhere around $5+

Security: Moniker. You can get cheaper than advertised prices. Imho, their control panel is kinda klunky. Every person get an account manger. I like that. Your account takes a couple of days to activate. I'm transfering my domains out to Name.com. Not for any reason other than to consolidate my portfolio of domains.

Honorable Mention: NameCheap and DynaDot
    Last edited by stub; 03-20-2008 at 03:10 AM.

Name.com $5.99 only first year...

mydomain 6.8 with discount coupon search this forum...

mydomain have free name shield which mean yr whois email address is protected free for .com .net

Why so secretive about telling us what the coupon is?

sometime the coupon change.. so search this forum for any update one..

don't be LAZYYYYYYYYY

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    I have a few of domains I've purchased at DomainCentral. Price is good. They're a ResellerClub (Directi) reseller which uses the LogicBoxes control panel, which I dislike intensely.
    There were several discussions if they are ICANN accredited or not. The parent company claims to have three ICANN accreditations. As you have some domains with them can you please check if the whois says that the domains under there or ResellerClubs accreditation?

They show Directi as the registrar.