Is my VPS a bad deal?

I have a VPS account from the planet. I've had it for a couple of years. I bought it when I planned to do some heavy stuff, but other things in life happened and I just kept it for my web sites that get no traffic.

I pay 39.99 and get 10G HD space, and I just logged in today and it looks like they uped my from 50GB bandwidth to 100GB bandwidth.

I've been trying to save a few bucks and get a reseller setup for my dead websites, but I keep running into limitations, and I'm wondering if I'm right where I need to be with my current VPS. Maybe I should sell a few accounts to offset the price.

1.) Is it a bad price?

2.) Am I asking for trouble since the planet doesn't offer VPS packages anymore?

3.) My bandwidth ussage never jives between plesk and the server control counsel. I'll use under 100mb a month ftp'ing, developing and what not, and servercommand shows I've used 600mb. They always tell it's a total of what everyone is using on the VPS.

Quote Originally Posted by edacsac View Post
    I have a VPS account from the planet. I've had it for a couple of years. I bought it when I planned to do some heavy stuff, but other things in life happened and I just kept it for my web sites that get no traffic.

I pay 39.99 and get 10G HD space, and I just logged in today and it looks like they uped my from 50GB bandwidth to 100GB bandwidth.

I've been trying to save a few bucks and get a reseller setup for my dead websites, but I keep running into limitations, and I'm wondering if I'm right where I need to be with my current VPS. Maybe I should sell a few accounts to offset the price.

1.) Is it a bad price?

2.) Am I asking for trouble since the planet doesn't offer VPS packages anymore?

3.) My bandwidth ussage never jives between plesk and the server control counsel. I'll use under 100mb a month ftp'ing, developing and what not, and servercommand shows I've used 600mb. They always tell it's a total of what everyone is using on the VPS.
    Last time I checked, ThePlanet didn't offer any VPS services just dedicated servers.

Are you sure it's a VPS? Do you mean you have a VPS through a reseller from TP?

No, its a VPS. I've had it for 2 years now. I signed up for it when they offered VPS services.

Was going to say, I didnt know that they offered VPS servers at the planet. It also depends on how much ram you have, If I were yourself, Check into Zone.net, my bud right above. They have powerful vps servers at a very good price.

I believe EV1 offered VPS accounts. He may have signed up with EV1 before they merged.
    Tersum - High Availability VPS Solutions
    http://www.tersum.com
    (877) 883-7786

Quote Originally Posted by edacsac View Post
    No, its a VPS. I've had it for 2 years now. I signed up for it when they offered VPS services.
    If you've been paying the same amount for the last 2 years on a set of VPS resources that were popular back then, than I'm pretty confident that you'll be able to get alot more bang for your buck with todays pricing on bandwidth, memory, management and other VPS related resources.