Why is hostgator so recommended?

Hi, I wonder why is hostgator so recommended on these forums?
    Is the service so good? What about overselling?

If the company gives Baby plan with
    6,000gb Bandwidth and 600gb Disk Space for 9.95 mothly that is insane.

I wonder if somebody can post website address if you host with the so I check the speed etc.
    BTW help yourself:

see how good your server performs webmetrics.com
    see how many other sites are hosted with you
    myipneighbors.com

So please post your site address I wan't to know too.

Its because of the sheer amount of users they have, you get the ODD few users come along with a bad experience, which is normally sorted one way of another.

However due to the sheer amount of users they have a few people having a problem does not really affect them, and because of the Such large Numbers, the Human Brain is always looking for the best for their money.

Large Numbers, Low price Draws a customer to them, also they have been around for years and don't seem to be going anywhere soon.
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

A couple of years ago the rave was all about Dreamhost and now its Hostgator, go figured.

Give it a year or two and it wont be most recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-Ashley View Post
    Its because of the sheer amount of users they have, you get the ODD few users come along with a bad experience, which is normally sorted one way of another.

However due to the sheer amount of users they have a few people having a problem does not really affect them, and because of the Such large Numbers, the Human Brain is always looking for the best for their money.

Large Numbers, Low price Draws a customer to them, also they have been around for years and don't seem to be going anywhere soon.
    Well said, I couldn't even think of a better way to word this.
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-Ashley View Post
    Not to mention that they are owned by what seems to be a genuinely good fellow who often personally takes care of customers and seems to truly care that the services his company provides are satisfactory.

Did you know that during their first year in business he went carless while using his profits to keep a local struggling family in their home? I think a lot of their success can also be linked to good karma.

I have had an account with HostGator for several years. The service has always been very good. As the quote from a previous post states, Gator Brent is a good guy. His business reflects his personal integrity.

Jeff

Quote// Not to mention that they are owned by what seems to be a genuinely good fellow who often personally takes care of customers and seems to truly care that the services his company provides are satisfactory.

Did you know that during their first year in business he went carless while using his profits to keep a local struggling family in their home? I think a lot of their success can also be linked to good karma.

I've had incredible speeds and uptime with them. not to mention Brent, the CEO, himself, helping me sort through a signup thing. - He got my account started before the paypal echeck went through.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

Still if you host with the could you point me to any sites I can check with the urls above?

I'm just looking for multidomain hosting with 2.5Gb Disk space and 50GB Traffic. Possibility to upgrade account in the future, hotlink protection etc.

I can pay 10$ a month.

Their recommended because they are a good host.
    Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by smilem2 View Post
    Still if you host with the could you point me to any sites I can check with the urls above?

I'm just looking for multidomain hosting with 2.5Gb Disk space and 50GB Traffic. Possibility to upgrade account in the future, hotlink protection etc.

I can pay 10$ a month.
    If you only want that much, then you don't need to to go HostGator.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Quote Originally Posted by AboutCirtex View Post
    A couple of years ago the rave was all about Dreamhost and now its Hostgator, go figured.

Exactly its like hostgator putting an axe to their feet.

Well all oversellings hosts future is this >>> BLANK BLANK BLANK <<<<

Thats right blank , but noobs will still continue to pay them, as the world population is only growing not shrinking !!

Is the service so good? What about overselling?
    Overselling or no overselling, at the end of the day, what really a makes a customer satisfied is getting value for the money he's spending. Achieve that for the vast majority of customers you have, and the reputation will come.

Quote Originally Posted by AboutCirtex View Post

I disagree. Dreamhost's customer service/support has never been even remotely close to the level provided by HostGator, and their servers have never been as fast.

I have been a customer of each.
    ~ But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Exactly its like hostgator putting an axe to their feet.

Well all oversellings hosts future is this >>> BLANK BLANK BLANK <<<<

Thats right blank , but noobs will still continue to pay them, as the world population is only growing not shrinking !!
    You're contradicting yourself there Bunny.

Either their future will be "blank", or the ever growing population of "noobs will continue to pay them" - it has to be one or the other.

Based upon what I know about the management and growth of HostGator, their success will continue to grow... Much to the dismay of many of the little guys in the hosting industry.
    ~ But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

So far no problem with them.
    Except few cases of server overload and it just hang.