Having a female as CEO?

Or as a salesman

Right now i have my own travel agency, and we have a cafe also.

What we notice is that we have bigger sales while women work in the cafe and in the travel agency, there is a pretty huge difference.

For example, we have a bigger sale while women work in our cafe, even thoose days when the busniess should be low.

You think it would work in the webhosting busniess also?
    Webhosting busniess atleast here in Sweden is dominated by men, i think a lot of ppl would appriciate to see some female power in the company, or am i wrong?

Re: Having a female as CEO?

Originally posted by Pekay
    Or as a salesman

Right now i have my own travel agency, and we have a cafe also.

What we notice is that we have bigger sales while women work in the cafe and in the travel agency, there is a pretty huge difference.

For example, we have a bigger sale while women work in our cafe, even thoose days when the busniess should be low.

You think it would work in the webhosting busniess also?
    Webhosting busniess atleast here in Sweden is dominated by men, i think a lot of ppl would appriciate to see some female power in the company, or am i wrong?

Maybe im evil because i think that having a female incharge is more profitable, but then again, isnt it all about profit?

A good idea in most areas but *definately not* in the web hosting industry....

3 page explaination to follow if required

Cheers,
    Jonny b
    http://www.vibus.net
    UK Reseller, Dedicated & Collocation Accounts

Originally posted by jonny b

Cheers,

Haha.
    Well, i dont see why it wouldnt work, IF i where a customer i would rather deal with a cute blond girl, then a hairy monster as a man.

Beauty sell, thats for sure. Im not saying that i like it, but thats how this world works.

why not.I know one girl as supporter when she is 17.As CEO can be true.she is not bad.

Originally posted by zhaozilong
    why not.I know one girl as supporter when she is 17.As CEO can be true.she is not bad.

My point is this, look here, this is a pic of me and my girlfriend.
    Who would you rather talking to when buying hosting?

Me, or her? (Take a look at the pic.)

pic of us

pic of us

strange, the link doesnt work, but if you copy the url and open a new explorer, and copy it in, it works.. =)

I.m a guy and I'd buy something from you. Not that I usually buy stuff from guys. But if I did I dont think there is anything wrong with that.......

Its more about trusting voice as most hosting sales contacts are via phone I assume.

Ok guys, thanks for the answers.

I appriciate it!

This thread sounds like it was copied from that old sitcom television show 'All in the Family.
    Will the real Archie Bunker please stand up!
    ShagHost
    Yeah baby, we do hosting!
    http://www.shaghost.com
    24 hour support except on Saturday evenings when we party hardy

Hello,

I believe there was a women CEO at Time Warner awhile ago.. she did well but left to retire i think.. if she wasn't the CEO , she was someone i that area and was earning $600k a year
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

Okay, how about not having her as CEO but as a salesman?

Making deals with companies etc.

If your sales (wo)man will be making personal visits to clients, then yes, the cute little female will help. But if your sales (wo)man will be marketing over the Interent, it won't make a bit of difference.

But I have to ask, does this mean a female sale (wo)man would only be required to sell to male clients.
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers

hey

its all about skills, not gender

my two cents

/xeno

I believe that I saw an article a couple years back that basically said that both women and men perfer to deal with women. I know I do.

We had a rep from a local telecom company come out to try to sell us some service. She had to be one of the most georgous women I've ever seen. When she walked in the door I was sold. She sold me everything they had. I would have bought more if there was any.

I'm a sucker for the cute ones.

Aaron
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Originally posted by WII-Aaron
    I believe that I saw an article a couple years back that basically said that both women and men perfer to deal with women. I know I do.

We had a rep from a local telecom company come out to try to sell us some service. She had to be one of the most georgous women I've ever seen. When she walked in the door I was sold. She sold me everything they had. I would have bought more if there was any.

Aaron

Thats the spirit!
    Exactly like me, good to hear that someone thinks like me.
    Haha.

Mmm, i must try it out.

bobcares is offline [email protected]
    Generally there are more men than women in this industry.. Of the 50 odd hosts that I have only 3 that are owned by women. But I must say one thing, it is the same with both when it comes to work. A lady or a man deal and behave the same way. So in the internet world it does not matter... I can put up the picture of a beautiful girl and say pamelacares or just have a regular bob who cares...

Have a great day

Regards
    Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares...."

Originally posted by WII-Aaron
    She had to be one of the most georgous women I've ever seen. When she walked in the door I was sold. She sold me everything they had. I would have bought more if there was any.

Aaron

Thats a good move by them.. i'm sure i would have done the same
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    http://localhost/
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

There is some truth to the women vs men in the sales arena :/

My ex worked at a Nissan car lot and used to help the salesmen come up with new female names for their newspaper ads.

They placed ads in the paper to generate calls for the used cars..

1997 Nissan. Runs Great.
    $5,000 OBO 555-888-9900
    Ask for Cindy

For research they would place the same ad in the paper twice with only the name changed. It was the "ask for Cindy" part that generated the calls. "Ask for John" never worked as well. In all the studies that they did the female names received more calls than the males...

I tend to think it's more about trust than beauty. Sure there are men out there silly enough to buy anything from a gorgeous gal but that doesn't account for the amazing increase in female sales... There are *many* men and women that tend to trust females more than they do males..... I wont speculate as to why

Oddly enough, I guess I'm one of the minority females that prefers a male salesman. It's easier for me to talk circles around a male and get the answers I'm looking for. I've found one can also get a more honest answer from certain males for the same reason one can get him to purchase everything he doesn't need

In the end -- There's a lot more to it than gender and the best humans will succeed regardless
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

pic of us
    Well, I don't know bro. You kinda look stoned or something. I'd go with the attractive blonde with the open eyes

Besides, don't be silly. I'm a he man, but I'm smart enough to know that a woman (even if she is attractive) can be every bit as intelligent and as much of a geek as a guy. Oh yeah, and they smell nice
    Last edited by OneOfThem; 08-18-2002 at 02:50 PM.
    One of Them - [email protected]
    Toll Free US and Canada: 1-866-323-THEY x223
    International/Local: 1-416-323-THEY x223
    Fax: 1-416-323-9978

Isn't the girl in sales kind of like that women in war theory? A girl can be a lot more strategical about how to attack, or sell something. They can play "hard to get", to "compassionate", to "flirty", or anything you can think of.

Then again, if you really want to question how a girl can actually handle a business, I think she can manage...

but it was an insignicant question to ask. Gender really should never be a factor. It's how well that person performs.

Hmmm... Deb. You just gave me some insight on the "trickery" of women. I think my female service rep has been using those tactics on me at the car dealership. If it were a man, I would have been much madder at them not fixing my car right, but she soothes me and puts that soft touch around my shoulder, and I calm down immediatel. Women do have a way. I could write a book about that, but I'll spare you.

I think the female image does sell best, even on the net. That's why some hosts (run by men) use women's pictures on their website, or act like the company is run by a woman when it may not be.

Originally posted by chrisb
    I think the female image does sell best, even on the net. That's why some hosts (run by men) use women's pictures on their website, or act like the company is run by a woman when it may not be. [/B]
    Maybe I should have a pic of Mrs Aussie Bob on the site then hey??
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Maybe I should have a pic of Mrs Aussie Bob on the site then hey??
    You're going to put a pic of yourself in drag on your website and call yourself, "Mrs. Aussie Bob"???

Now, THAT should attract customers.

gender does matter when it comes to sales
    Arsalan
    Nexus - http://nexus.pk/
    ** Smart Solutions for Smart People! **

Young males and attractive females make more sales imo.

My girlfriends real estate has more sales from the women than the middleaged men.

However auctions are better run by the males.

However, for a CEO if you are doing deals with other companies you will find that it is more of a boys club with respect to kickbacks etc

Originally posted by jonny b

Cheers,
    Please do, surely it shouldn't make any difference as long as they have the skills to do the job.
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

IT is heavily dominated by men, and I think I would prefer to buy hosting from a clued-up man
    Spoken like someone who wouldn't dare ask for directions. That might indicate that he isn't "clued up"
    Maybe Ed should "clue up"
    I hope the women take note of the opinions of 49pence Web Hosting, when searching for a host.
    I can imagine the support tickets now:
    Female: Whats the path to perl?
    Ed: Read our FAQ page.
    Male: Whats the path to perl?
    Ed: #!user/bin/perl
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

I do business with those who know their stuff. If a woman or man knows her stuff, then we deal. If you dont know your stuff, male or female, I look elsewhere. I dont care how good looking the woman is. Business is business, and sex/looks doesnt come into the factor with me.. You might win some points by looking good, but then you will lose them if you dont know what your talking about.

I dont care how good looking the woman is. Business is business, and sex/looks doesnt come into the factor with me..
    You might win some points by looking good,
    Whether male or female... speaking with another male or female the age old "dressing for success" does apply and there's more to 'looking good' than gender... so again
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Could care less if they wear a skirt or pants.
    Good service is what counts!
    I am looking for service, good support and fair prices.