Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    * What do you think about my company name?

    Since i live in sweden, i use .se domains.

    So i thought packetloss.se would be nice!


    Kinda funny, or?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    740
    Or, possibly a bad choice of business name.


    Lats...
    Lats...

  3. #3
    Originally posted by Lats
    Or, possibly a bad choice of business name.


    Lats...

    Thing is, most ppl dont know what packetloss is, the ones who do, would find the name quite funny, or?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    1,310
    I would advise against it. It's like calling your company 1percentuptimeguaranteed.com

    Unless you specifically want to target the Swedish market I'ld also advise against using a .se domain name.

    The largest market is the US and ..well often think that the only civilized part of the world is their own country

  5. #5
    Originally posted by Pilgrim
    I would advise against it. It's like calling your company 1percentuptimeguaranteed.com

    Unless you specifically want to target the Swedish market I'ld also advise against using a .se domain name.

    The largest market is the US and ..well often think that the only civilized part of the world is their own country

    Well im going for the swedish market, since no swedish company offer the US plans.

    With that i mean like 300 mb, 15-20 gig transfer for 15 us dollar a month.

    Right now im paying 40 us dollar for 50 mb space, 10 mb mysql, 5 emails, and that my friend is about it, with 5 gig transfer.
    40 us dollar a month!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    740
    Originally posted by Pekay
    Thing is, most ppl dont know what packetloss is, the ones who do, would find the name quite funny, or?
    Packetloss to me is a bad thing.

    Is there not a Swedish version of google where people can look up packetloss?

    As soon as they find out what it is, they could be turned off the whole 'funny' idea.


    Lats...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Kalamazoo
    Posts
    33,190
    I doubt anyone that knows what packet loss is would think it funny.

    If I were looking for hosting, I would not look at packetloss.se. Err . . . . You haven't launched; have you?

    Not saying anything about the company. But, you asked about the name. And my impression of the name is one that would make me not even consider using them.

    If I had heard the name before I was ever aware what packet loss was; I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't venture in to see what they were about. It still contains the negative word of "loss" and I think most people associate that with . . . . well . . .. a loss.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

  8. #8
    Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I doubt anyone that knows what packet loss is would think it funny.

    If I were looking for hosting, I would not look at packetloss.se. Err . . . . You haven't launched; have you?

    Not saying anything about the company. But, you asked about the name. And my impression of the name is one that would make me not even consider using them.

    If I had heard the name before I was ever aware what packet loss was; I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't venture in to see what they were about. It still contains the negative word of "loss" and I think most people associate that with . . . . well . . .. a loss.

    Ok ok ok, i wont use it then.
    How about, hostrocket.se?
    Haha, not seriously, im so bad with coming up names, cant you guys help me out

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    740
    Are you aware SwedishHosting.com is available?

    Sounds good to me.


    Lats...
    Lats...

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Lats
    Are you aware SwedishHosting.com is available?

    Sounds good to me.


    Lats...

    Thats pretty long, isnt it?

    How about swehost.se

  11. #11

    NO

    Why not set up a second site called braindead.se. Just kidding, but packetloss.se just does nothing for you. It is not like we are short of names, particularly in the .se arena. I keep seeing all the name despair, but every day I see many good domain names deleted and made available.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    180

    packetloss.se?

    hmmm,

    how bout:

    noroutetohost.se
    disconnected.se
    down.se <-- good short one!
    unreachable.se
    error.se


    Just some thoughts

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    12,200
    How about checking out some short 3-char .Net names

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    180

    Re: packetloss.se?

    Originally posted by ebay-nut
    hmmm,

    how bout:

    noroutetohost.se
    disconnected.se
    down.se <-- good short one!
    unreachable.se
    error.se


    Just some thoughts
    LOL

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    270
    Originally posted by Pekay



    Well im going for the swedish market, since no swedish company offer the US plans.

    With that i mean like 300 mb, 15-20 gig transfer for 15 us dollar a month.

    Right now im paying 40 us dollar for 50 mb space, 10 mb mysql, 5 emails, and that my friend is about it, with 5 gig transfer.
    40 us dollar a month!!
    WTF ARE U THINKIN? Y don't u change u r host????

  16. #16
    Haha, im right now talking to a bank to get a loan to start my own hosting busniess.


  17. #17
    Hi,
    the suffix se denotes your site is limited only to that country. Why do not you try for conventional .com or .net

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    212
    Sounds like a host that is going to recieve a lot of packet lost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •