This is a joke, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNLIMITED-RESELL...QQcmdZViewItem

Wow. 1 dollar for all of that. I'm feeling jealous.
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses

Seems like a joke, yes... although they are probably serious about selling this stuff. They simply use eBay as an advertising channel to get attention. (Cheaper than Google Ads)
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

A joke for greedy people...

Thanks for sharing, i guess this is all the ebay seller was waiting for.. more free adds for his scam.

$1 is far too expensive maybe if he do a BIN of $0.01 I may consider

Quote Originally Posted by FazeWire View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/UNLIMITED-RESELL...QQcmdZViewItem

Wow. 1 dollar for all of that. I'm feeling jealous.
    "Only $1 for a reseller account Full, 30 Day Money Back Guarantee! 24hr SupportUS $1.00. Thats a great offer.

Well, it does say that the auction price is for first month only...then is $9.99 per month, which is still a hard to believe price.

Their website is pretty basic, and has no reseller plans listed that I could see. The link for domains is also not working.

Enough signs for one to steer clear.

Yeah, many people have bought though. Products like that are killing the legitimate market!
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses

It only kills the legitimate market if that seller is willing to put forth the effort to provide quality support & service which I highly doubt considering the quality of their web site.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I think i will use ebay to sell services too, hmm seems like cheap advertisement, you do not have to sell unlimited space i suppose !

Well I saw this post and decided to try it hell it was only $0.06, it turned out that it is better than the hosting service I was on, I do not know about support since I have not tried it as of yet, I just setup an account and put a few of my pages on it yesterday, but so far no problems

Hope you read the terms and acceptable use policy, if you were provided with such things, so you don't end up coming back here when you get closed down on some dumb reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryAdair View Post
    Well I saw this post and decided to try it hell it was only $0.06, it turned out that it is better than the hosting service I was on, I do not know about support since I have not tried it as of yet, I just setup an account and put a few of my pages on it yesterday, but so far no problems
    Beware the WHOISGUARD protected host!

Quote Originally Posted by Auction
    How long have you been offering web hosting?
    Our business first started way back in February, 2003.
    Ummm... domain was created 16 days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Sampdoria View Post
    Well, it does say that the auction price is for first month only...then is $9.99 per month, which is still a hard to believe price.

Their website is pretty basic, and has no reseller plans listed that I could see. The link for domains is also not working.

Enough signs for one to steer clear.
    I could have sworn it claimed 0.99 a month after....

Update: never mind, i can't read. lol
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz View Post
    A joke for greedy people...
    for the same people who want 777GB of webspace & 777TB of bandwidth for a $5 per month .
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Thats really sound as a Joke of Day.. But APRIL FOOL is too far from now..!!

Wow. lol. I've seen as low as $9/year reseller hosting.

This isn't abad marketing tactic. Its not like the $9/year plans that those fly by hosts offer.

Even though the auction was ended at $0.06. the months after are shown to be at $9.95/mo Its still pushing it with the "unlimited reseller web hosting"[

Some day I'm going to order a account and upload 300GB of something onto it just to see if they can take it.

Thanks

Well, $1 is not that much to check it out

I just registered, lets see what happens

Another "the world for a buck" scam I'm afraid. If only gas stations took a hint from the hosting industry and started selling unlimited mileage for $3.

lol , yeh i guess its a scam. it has got to be think about it?

they have got to set the account up etc
    Register a domain name etc etc

all that just for $1.00 ITS UNREAL

you could make at least $20-$30 maybe even more just for them things!

I fail to see how this ebay scam auction that feeds off the ignorant, is any different from 1/4 of the hosts that people ask about and you see reviews about on WHT. Luckily there are enough honest and sensible one's to help offset these lame scams.

I havnt taken a look at their TOS or AUP but they are most likely right. Yes, its a pretty ridicules situation but usually in hosts policies there is something that says you wont get a refund if you break their TOS or AUP and by spamming you broke their AUP.

Since their admins had to spend time fixing an issue you created, those fees would be "attached" to your account and it would have to be paid before the account can be unsuspended. Now as if this is a good way to run a company I personally would do it but its their company and they can do what they want. They are just trying to enforce their tos with fees if you break them.

I didn't read any part about spamming or violating their TOS or AUP, and I'm unsure how that relates to a fabrication about unreal/untrue limits they can't actually offer. I didn't read the entire thread, but what exactly is there to debate about?

Their FAQ is wrong

What port do the POP3 email accounts use?
    This server is setup to use port 26, because most ISP's block port 25.

Its port 110 for POP3. SMTP is port 25/26
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    Their FAQ is wrong

What port do the POP3 email accounts use?
    This server is setup to use port 26, because most ISP's block port 25.

Its port 110 for POP3. SMTP is port 25/26
    Damn, you beat me to it.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    Damn, you beat me to it.

--Tina
    And me.
    Current Status: Coming up with ideas for a new SaaS.

is it just me or is there site down

Aside from getting beat to the POP mistake the other thing I also hate is the amount of sites that dont install a simple SSL for their billing/support system.

You guys are actually bothering to read through their terms and details of their site or TOS? I could never imagine having that sort of desire to research (at all) a host, just to poke fun at them. I think the details of their auction alone say it all, they don't need any help looking bad.

I think you will find they do need help looking bad, why? Becuase they are actually selling plans!

Anyone that's foolish enough to sign up with them, will fall down a well or walk out in front of traffic soon enough anyway. I don't think pointing out small details in their plans will deter anyone dumb (or ignorant) enough to fall for it in the first place. Trust me, they've already made themselves look bad enough already. Beyond that, there's nothing more anyone can do to prevent suckers from signing up.

That must be a bait, those low pricing are suspicious or leveled as greedy.

Only $1!
    wow,Very good!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Greer View Post
    Anyone that's foolish enough to sign up with them, will fall down a well or walk out in front of traffic soon enough anyway. I don't think pointing out small details in their plans will deter anyone dumb (or ignorant) enough to fall for it in the first place. Trust me, they've already made themselves look bad enough already. Beyond that, there's nothing more anyone can do to prevent suckers from signing up.
    I dont think the consumer is all together dumb or ignorant Tim, you have to remember that not everyone knows the in's and out's of hosting, there is still a huge amount of newcomers to the hosting market who dont know how to find a host and I can believe that many will try ebay as a starting point, because lets be honest they sell everything

Those uneducated consumers will eventually realise their bad choice and learn from it though, and with each new educated consumer its new custom for those of us who dont offer the world for a $1

I meant that literally, not to say they are dumb, but dumb OR ignorant. Ignorant, as in "Lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact". So, it is sometimes because they are new. The dumb one's are the one's that aren't new (some people are just dumb).

agreed....