Thread: Webhosting Help

Webhosting Help

Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to startup a small personal website. I've been browsing the web for a few days looking for a host with little luck. Every time I decide on a host I Google their name only to find out it's a scam. I don't want to go with the big names GoDaddy or NetSol after what I perceive as their disregard for the First Amendment. I'm looking for suggestions on a host that offers the following.

-cPanel
    -AWStats
    -Multiple Domains under one account (like 3 maybe)
    -Ruby, AJAX, PHP5
    -SSH
    -POP3 Accounts

Features that would be nice:

-Unique IP (for private SSL)
    -Being able to be on ./ or Digg once a decade or so without being shutdown or going into serious debt.

I've done a lot of research but everything I find that suggest web hosting providers seems to be all advertisement driven and I can't decide. The major sites like CNet don't have any good advice. Any suggestions on where to look or what to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    McJon

You could use the search feature on this forum to find some hosts and then research each of them to see other people's thoughts about them. You could also check out the hosting advertising category on these forums and see some prices and features.

McJon,

There are a lot of hosts in the offers section that would probably meet your requirements. Most of the hosts there are smaller companies and are probably recognized on WHT. You can try your search there and see where that takes you.

EDIT: Chris beat me to the reply!
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

You can use the search feature here instead of google. What is your budget?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Quote Originally Posted by McJon View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided to startup a small personal website. I've been browsing the web for a few days looking for a host with little luck. Every time I decide on a host I Google their name only to find out it's a scam. I don't want to go with the big names GoDaddy or NetSol after what I perceive as their disregard for the First Amendment. I'm looking for suggestions on a host that offers the following.

-cPanel
    -AWStats
    -Multiple Domains under one account (like 3 maybe)
    -Ruby, AJAX, PHP5
    -SSH
    -POP3 Accounts

Features that would be nice:

-Unique IP (for private SSL)
    -Being able to be on ./ or Digg once a decade or so without being shutdown or going into serious debt.

I've done a lot of research but everything I find that suggest web hosting providers seems to be all advertisement driven and I can't decide. The major sites like CNet don't have any good advice. Any suggestions on where to look or what to buy would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    McJon
    Just to clarify, hosts don't offer AJAX, AJAX is client-side scripting, like Javascript or HTML. Depends on the web browser.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    What is your budget?
    - Daniel
    I'm looking to spend less than $20 bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj;
    Just to clarify, hosts don't offer AJAX, AJAX is client-side scripting, like Javascript or HTML. Depends on the web browser.
    You are absolutely correct. I wasn't thinking, sorry

McJon

For that price range you can find pretty much anything. Dedicated IP's are usually $2.00 extra.

I would recommend from past exerience the following:

1) Hostgator.com 24/7 Support, all the features you listed and more, oversold

2) Pc-core.net 24/7 support, all the features you listed and more, and NOT oversold This would mean less load on the server and faster pages, usually.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

PC-Core.net looks really promising (even though they use GoDaddy). Does anyone know how much they charge for additional domains or if they use AWStats for their "graphical stats".

Thanks,
    McJon

Hosts that offer AW-stats, and that I don't think are "scams" are for instance Hostgator and Inmotionhosting. And I am sure there are many other non-scam hosts out there, too.

(Definition of "scam" = everything I personally don't like.)
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

All Cpanel hosts do offer (or at least can) Awstats.
    How much space and bandwidth do you need?

Folks here are correct. There are qualified hosts available and very easily found on this site.
    Peter Marek
    https://www.UltraQuantix.com
    Fast - Reliable - Affordable - Shared Hosting - VPS - Website & Server Monitoring
    Web Hosting Done Right !

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    How much space and bandwidth do you need?
    Very little. Less than a gig of space and probably even less bandwidth. It's going to be a personal/blog/article sort of thing so I want to stay away from vendors that charge crazy fees if you go over your limits in case I got famous overnight and landed on Slashdot or Digg.

McJon

Cool

What you are requesting is very reasonable and offered by most hosts. Awstats is a VERY common stats program and is usually offered. Your budget is enough to include the dedicated IP. I don't think you should have many/any problems. Just a well established (been around a while) host with no negatives
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Quote Originally Posted by McJon View Post
    PC-Core.net looks really promising (even though they use GoDaddy). Does anyone know how much they charge for additional domains or if they use AWStats for their "graphical stats".

Thanks,
    McJon
    It's free What do you have to use, your first month is free. It looks promising, because it is promising Just read their top 10 reasons
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music