WHMCS and HostNine

I've been going back and forth with whmcs and hostnine trying to figure this thing out..maybe some of you have had this happen and may have some insight.

Customers are recieving overdue invoices for invoices that have been paid... There is no record of an email being sent from the whmcs email log, but they get them..

It can be paid on the 10th, they get an overdue notice on the 13th, needless to say, my hosting is going downhill from all the complaints and no one seems to want to help figure it out and places blame on one another...whmcs has been great..hostnine just sucks.

Are the invoices being marked paid ?

I have seen this happen when people pay via echeck.

Whats the payment gateway thats being used ?
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by FHH - Tim View Post
    Are the invoices being marked paid ?

I have seen this happen when people pay via echeck.

Whats the payment gateway thats being used ?
    They are marked paid...the echeck thing was my first guess..they're paying via paypal, BUT it's not an echeck, cause the money will be in my paypal account, the invoice will be marked paid, but they still get a whmcs overdue invoice, but when I look at thier customer profile in whmcs, there's nothing saying an overdue invoice was sent.

I just left Hostnine. When they made the move to the planet servers our site would slow to a crawl and of coarse the response was always it's someone else's fault.. Not to mention changing the account from a dedicated IP to a shared IP which really sucked the big one. I have a VPS now.....at least that way if something is wrong I know who's fault it is. (Mine!)

I'm seriously concidering that...but for the time being, I'm trying to maintain on a reseller account until I get enough clients to move to a vps...I know it'd be more reliable..

With this situation, it's almost as if my site is dupped somewhere. But hostnine says it's not..and seeing as how they have access to their servers, and I dont, that'd be the only response I can go by..

Quote Originally Posted by stephborel View Post
    I'm seriously concidering that...but for the time being, I'm trying to maintain on a reseller account until I get enough clients to move to a vps...I know it'd be more reliable..

With this situation, it's almost as if my site is dupped somewhere. But hostnine says it's not..and seeing as how they have access to their servers, and I dont, that'd be the only response I can go by..
    Do you have a ticket in on this issue? I would be more than happy to take a closer look for you.

Are you sure this is an issue with HostNine? It sounds more like a problem with how WHMCS has been set up? Maybe worth contacting them first to see where the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by hostnine View Post
    Do you have a ticket in on this issue? I would be more than happy to take a closer look for you.
    I have several tickets for this issue..odd you want to do something now besides ignore me but...
    Ticket ID: MKE-623962

This stupid thing happens when you have an another copy of WHMCS running on another server.

After you moved to theplanet's servers, did you switch off the old server or remove WHMCS off that?

It had happened to me, so I am just giving hints on what could have gone wrong

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    Are you sure this is an issue with HostNine? It sounds more like a problem with how WHMCS has been set up? Maybe worth contacting them first to see where the problem is
    I've contacted them several times..they've done numerous things to try and help me out..but it comes down to there has to be another copy of the cron job and billing directory...this is my first reseller hosting account using whmcs so there isn't another one floating on a server somewhere, unless it's host nine's server.

I've contacted them several times..they've done numerous things to try and help me out..but it comes down to there has to be another copy of the cron job and billing directory...this is my first reseller hosting account using whmcs so there isn't another one floating on a server somewhere, unless it's host nine's server.
    Please check my update in ticket id MKE-623962

Quote Originally Posted by hostnine View Post
    Please check my update in ticket id MKE-623962
    This is the only server I have, and the first server I've ever used whmcs with..that's what I don't understand..AND..the information that people are getting in these "out of no where" overdue invoices is wrong information..obviously because it's saying something isn't paid, but it clearly is...it's also sending out invoice numbers that dont' exist! Example: dear so and so..invoice #245 is now over due..
    I look in the whmcs and there is no #245!

If there is another server out there in the world using my stuff, how do I track it down??

Check the header of email, you may found from which server/IP it is originated.

I would be willing to bet that somewhere on hostnine's network there is another copy of your site running on one of their servers. This would most likely be caused by them moving you to another server and neglecting to delete the copy of your account off of the old server.

To solve this problem you'd need to remember or look for the sign up email that they originally sent to you for the server IP address that you're assigned. Type that into your FTP client with your username and password and simply delete the WHMCS installation off of your old account.

That is the most likely cause of this issue.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by Plutomic-Andrew View Post
    I would be willing to bet that somewhere on hostnine's network there is another copy of your site running on one of their servers. This would most likely be caused by them moving you to another server and neglecting to delete the copy of your account off of the old server.

To solve this problem you'd need to remember or look for the sign up email that they originally sent to you for the server IP address that you're assigned. Type that into your FTP client with your username and password and simply delete the WHMCS installation off of your old account.

That is the most likely cause of this issue.

YAYYYYYYY...I found where the other cron job is running from..from the original IP they assigned to me..now..does that mean I should use that ip's control panel and delete the billing directory as well as the cron jobs? That'd be the next question..

* YOU ALL ROCK!!!

OUTCOME:

I ended up checking the full header of an email that was being sent out...and found the ip it was being sent to..then logged into that ip's cpanel with my user and pass, and guess what!! There it was..a lonely billing directory and a cron job set to run at the time that it's been mysteriously running at.

So..yes..hostnine was at fault..for having my stuff in two different locations..do they admit it? No..of course not..I'll be sticking with them because as huge of a problem as that's been, it's more of a pain to switch hosts..And they aren't all that bad for my budget either..

Thank you everyone for helping!!! You've saved me from having to give up on it all completely!!.

Great to hear that stephborel. Hopefully your experience with hostnine will only get better from here.
    Plutomic Hosting
    Empowering Your Web Ventures
    In Business Since 2005
    Specializing in Web Hosting, VPS, Managed Dedicated Servers and Managed Colocation

OUTCOME:

I ended up checking the full header of an email that was being sent out...and found the ip it was being sent to..then logged into that ip's cpanel with my user and pass, and guess what!! There it was..a lonely billing directory and a cron job set to run at the time that it's been mysteriously running at.

So..yes..hostnine was at fault..for having my stuff in two different locations..do they admit it? No..of course not..I'll be sticking with them because as huge of a problem as that's been, it's more of a pain to switch hosts..And they aren't all that bad for my budget either..

Thank you everyone for helping!!! You've saved me from having to give up on it all completely!!.
    If you can PM me more details on this I would appreciate it. All of our records showed your site pointing to that server I put the output of the cronjob from. I also do not recall seeing a copy of the header in the ticket I replied to yesterday so I really don't see how this is our fault as we did not purposely place your website on multiple servers. It may have been a glitch in Migrate Account, a server upgrade, etc