The Planet in trouble?

VISA have put restrictions on credit cards via The Planet - not sure if this is fraud or problems with The Planet.

Hope they are not about to go under

Can anyone reassure me - don't fancy driving North and asking for my data if they do go under LOL

where exactly did you hear this?
    Linux VPS Hosting
    Fully Managed VPS, Dedicated And Reseller Solutions.
    Host Unlimited Domains

dont think so, we just got billed from them and we use a visa so I dont think this is correct.
    Linux VPS Hosting
    Fully Managed VPS, Dedicated And Reseller Solutions.
    Host Unlimited Domains

Source? Are you sure? I have never had issues with The Planet and their servers.
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

They are not about to go under, they have some very large backers and an experienced management team.

I would also very much doubt VISA have placed any restrictions on them given the amount of business being done on a daily basis...
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianGG View Post
    VISA have put restrictions on credit cards via The Planet - not sure if this is fraud or problems with The Planet.

Can anyone reassure me - don't fancy driving North and asking for my data if they do go under LOL
    Are you sure it isn't your card that has a restriction for an electronic purchase?

Please update us here.

Thanks - maybe Wells Fargo told me the wrong info then. Apologies to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Are you sure it isn't your card that has a restriction for an electronic purchase?

Please update us here.
    Never had any issues before. Was told that VISA were only allowing manual transactions due to restrictions that have been placed by VISA themselves. This was not at my CC company end.

I was only reporting what I had been told, as if VISA had put restrictions on them automatically, I was concerned that if they were in trouble I did not wish to lose all our data.

If I am the only person being told, then fair enough - maybe I was given a pack of lies by my bank.

Apologies to The Planet and others if I was.

Never had any issues before. Was told that VISA were only allowing manual transactions due to restrictions that have been placed by VISA themselves. This was not at my CC company end.

I was only reporting what I had been told, as if VISA had put restrictions on them automatically, I was concerned that if they were in trouble I did not wish to lose all our data.

If I am the only person being told, then fair enough - maybe I was given a pack of lies by my bank.

Apologies to The Planet and others if I was.
    There are a few people that specialize in eCommerce on this board, you should ask them.

That statement scares me.

If you are hosting your data with an external third party, the first thing you set up should be backups to a system you own somewhere.. at least if the data matters.

The Planet is in good financial health and in good standing with Visa and MasterCard. Because we're a bit surprised about the information you were given, I'm passing along a PM to get a little more context so we can investigate even further.
    Kevin Hazard
    Director, Digital Content
    SoftLayer, an IBM Companyhttp://twitter.com/softlayer

Thanks Kevin - didn't mean to cause any issues, was just concerned.

Even if they were having issues with VISA due to larger than normal fraud rates, VISA would simply levy higher rates and fee's per transaction, they wouldn't block/shutdown the planet's account unless there was a serious and significant violation of their terms that wasn't addressed.

Regardless it wouldn't affect your data, and as others have pointed out - keep recent backups at all times!