Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

No response from UKeasily for Dedicated Server Order

I am posting this to tell my experience with UKeasily. I ordered a dedicated server from UKeasily on 8th March.

I did a research on WHT and chatted with their live help. Everything seems great. A tracert to their test IP also shows their server in good location and returned good net stats for me.

However, everything changed after I putting down my orders and paid the money. 8th March is a saturday and I do not expect them to act on week end. I phoned them on monday 10th March and got firm words from them that my order was received and the server will be ready in 48 hours. I was happy to hear it.

Then the bad news come. The dedicated server is not ready on 13th March. I waited for another day to call UKeasily. But only to find out that the UKeasily's telephone numbers are either no longer in use or go to answering machine. UKeasily's live chat has been offline for 5 days. Messages left out on their support system was not answered.

I did receive an email from google checkout telling me that UKeasily informed them the server order was shipped. I myself then checked my email box but found nothing. Called UKeasily again, still the answering machine.

I am running dedicated servers on UK2, OVH and Godaddy. Those companies may have slower server installation time but with good level of support. The level of service received from UKeasily is disappointing.

Beware if you were about to buy from UKeasily as of now. A server company that has the live chat offline for more than 5 consecutuve days and not answering even sales calls may not provide enough technical support while you need it. If you check their website, their live chat is still offline and sales number still goes to answering machine.
    Last edited by orcface; 03-17-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Wow, looks like I got out just in time.
    Sad to say that IMO UK Hosts need much more careful choosing than US ones.
    All my servers are now back with US providers.

Hey,

I sent an e-mail to their sales dept on the 3rd March, still no reply. Very slow service really, although live help is helpful some times.

Keep us updated. If they don't get back to you soon, I think you have fair grounds to request a chargeback.
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

UKeasily support is a nightmare, I have a dedicated server with them (prepaid several months, unfortunately) and I have to wait for DAYS to get a reply. They are the worst hosting decission I ever made

At least the server is fast, when it's online...

First let me apologise if we have failed any of you. We recently upgraded all our telecommunication software & systems, unfortunately things went wrong causing mass issues with mail & our telephone system so replies took allot longer than normal.

Am glad to say everything is now back working as it should & our support team are online 24/7 waiting for any support requests along with our sales team (both email & telephone).
    Please PM me if you need any updates or help.

What about the OP server, has this been setup and sorted yet?
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

Hello HDCraig

Is there any chance for us to finally receive the originally ordered server? It was ordered on Dec. 6, 2007 !!!

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-Ashley View Post
    What about the OP server, has this been setup and sorted yet?
    Without the order number I couldn't tell you sorry. We get 100's of orders every week, without any kind of order ID/invoice # I cant check the order or even confirm weather the topic opener is really a UKE client.

//

Alex, if you PM me details I'll check into it for you, I know Dell have shipped the box back to us so am fairly sure next couple of days we'll swap your stand-by server with your original order .
    Please PM me if you need any updates or help.

Quote Originally Posted by HDCraig View Post
    Alex, if you PM me details I'll check into it for you, I know Dell have shipped the box back to us so am fairly sure next couple of days we'll swap your stand-by server with your original order .
    I can't send you PM, look at the ticket 999658 and other my tickets. Thanks.

Recent update about my server status. I got my money back from card company and went for another UK supplier who is also quite active advertising on this forum. The server was installed overnight (surprising speed) and online for 31 days now.

Quote Originally Posted by orcface View Post

I am running dedicated servers on UK2, OVH and Godaddy. Those companies may have slower server installation time but with good level of support. The level of service received from UKeasily is disappointing.
    Hi,

I should buy a dedicated server on uk2.net too

Can you tell me how is the connection speed from italy to the uk2 server? thanks!

If you are looking for a dedicated server in Europe, you may also want to consider hosting companies in the US. Some companies have incredible speeds for Europe. An added bonus to a US solution is that, with the current exchange rate, the servers would be much less costly than if you were to be billed in Euros or British Pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by aysedenizk View Post
    An added bonus to a US solution is that, with the current exchange rate, the servers would be much less costly than if you were to be billed in Euros or British Pounds.
    Another advantage of using US-based servers is that small businesses in the UK and Europe who don't yet have sufficient turnover to register for VAT (our version of sales tax) don't find a nicely priced server on this side of the pond and then discover that they have to pay 17.5% to 19% on top for VAT.

If you are looking for a dedicated server in Europe, you may also want to consider hosting companies in the US. Some companies have incredible speeds for Europe. An added bonus to a US solution is that, with the current exchange rate, the servers would be much less costly than if you were to be billed in Euros or British Pounds.
    thanks for the info, I have already seen some US provider (but I can't know which is the best for europe and other services) for example 1and1.com?

If you are looking for a dedicated server in Europe, you may also want to consider hosting companies in the US. Some companies have incredible speeds for Europe.
    Can you give some examples of these 'incredible speeds'?

I agree, UKEasily support under rated. Im still waiting their answer about refund of my 100 pound(c class ip address) and Im not yet get any respond. even I call them everyday. None answer it. I dont believe they get more than 100 orders every week. if they do, why none on the office answer the phone ? That seems impossible to accept the claim of weekly orders.

Once again I request you HDCraig, Please process my refund of 100 pound(c class ip address) ASAP.

Thank you
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server
    Taiwan, US, UK & Germany XEN Based VPS with RAID 10

Hello HDCraig
    I'm still waiting for a dedicated server. It was ordered on Dec. 6, 2007.

omg. 6 dec 2007 ? how much you paid ?
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server

1289.94 one year prepayment for "Elite Level 1" server (their discounted special offer here) .

Ouch.

Thats all i can say - have you not heard from them at all?
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

hello midnightsoftware, do you know anything about UKEasily or maybe news about UKeasily people or company ?

Im really wondering to know what happend to them. Why they never answer phone, they never answer email. and now we saw many people still waiting for them.

Arrow You aren't alone!

Quote Originally Posted by hostagency View Post
    Hello HDCraig
    I'm still waiting for a dedicated server. It was ordered on Dec. 6, 2007.
    You aren't the only one!

Our server has been down since Monday afternoon (GMT) and we have had no response from UKEasily since Tuesday. We have lost circa 4 months data at this point and have had to setup another server with another company. Our sites are still down until the new server is configured.

Absolutely devastating for our organisation, all at the cost of an incompetent server provider! As much as I would like to comment further, we may end up pursuing this organisation through the legal route as not only do we not have a service, there is the matter of our data being neglected and money being owed. I am reluctant to commenting any further at this time.

All I can say is that if you are a UKEasily customer, back up your data NOW and think about moving away before you end up in a situation like us. This is a company that doesn't answer phone calls, doesn't answer emails and has now resulted to closing open support tickets and completely ignoring problematic situations.

We will be posting our full experiences with this organisation in due course, without a doubt. We too paid 12 months in advance since Dec 07.

I did wonder if we were the only people being treated appallingly by this organisation, clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by jenok View Post
    hello midnightsoftware, do you know anything about UKEasily or maybe news about UKeasily people or company ?

Im really wondering to know what happend to them. Why they never answer phone, they never answer email. and now we saw many people still waiting for them.
    Not much i'm afraid - about the only thing i know about them is that they are based in Manchester (which isn't that far from me).
    Regards,
    Leigh

I feel lucky because UKeasily stopped to respond to me as soon as I submitted my dedicated server order. Although there has been 3 weeks not able to reach UKeasily, I could switch to another server provider from the begining. Midnightsoftware prepared my new server overnight and the new server works fine till now.

I kept an eye on UKeasily website since March. Their live support was not on from then even though from time to time I received email from them saying they modiified some setting and changes. I had to get money back via charge back.

hello midnightsoftware,

Could you help us check if the address is eligible and also there is UKEasily ?

Thank you.

Sure, i'll take a trip up there today and post later after seeing if they are still around.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Leigh,

Not sure if you have left yet but I was in Greenheys on Wednesday. UKEasily no longer have there office based here although do have some hardware.
    Peter Verrill
    Real Hosts Limited
    Real-Hosts.co.uk - Excellent UK network for (un)managed Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Colocation and Rack Space

Hmmmm, no i hadn't, but thanks for the heads up.

Not much point in me going up there then. Wonder where the office is now then (if anywhere!)
    Regards,
    Leigh

what should we do now ? huh
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server

Okay, i've just found another site that references Port9 Ltd. (supposedly the company that UKEasily is part of). The address on there is:
    PORT9 Ltd
    PORT9 House One
    22 Woodside ST
    Stalybridge, UK
    SK15 3SB

So, it may be worth taking a look up there (if anyone can confirm that its the same people - i got the address from http://www.hdshoutcast.com/contact.html)
    Regards,
    Leigh

Companies House says different

Name & Registered Office:
    PORT9 LTD
    11 MURRAY STREET, CAMDEN
    LONDON
    GREATER LONDON
    NW1 9RE
    Company No. 06034606
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2 View Post
    Companies House says different

Name & Registered Office:
    PORT9 LTD
    11 MURRAY STREET, CAMDEN
    LONDON
    GREATER LONDON
    NW1 9RE
    Company No. 06034606
    A quick google of that address shows quite a lot of companies, its likely an accountant or something similar...
    Peter Verrill
    Real Hosts Limited
    Real-Hosts.co.uk - Excellent UK network for (un)managed Dedicated Servers, Cloud Servers, Colocation and Rack Space

guys, do you think we can get back our money ? Im not so sure how the legal process in UK.
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server

Not sure if this helps but their registered office is the office of a Limited Liability Registration company (so it's a forwarding address), a company that I use myself for incorporations: Spiegel & Utrera, Ltd (spiegelutrera.co.uk).

According to Companies House Web Check, they haven't filed any accounts since 2006 either, which is quite curious.

Their record @ companieshouse.gov.uk is here:
    wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/afe605da44e40335886b188e80e7e578/compdetails

Hope this helps a little.

Im worry because Im not a company and also not in europe. I think it will be hard to get the money back. 100 pound is a big number for me.
    HDCraig, refund please. I felt bad.

These people might be able to offer some help or advice.

Local Trading Standards

Hi guys

I had problems with this company in the past and move my web space away. now i am trying like you to get a response from them about moving my domains.

It looks like the tickets get read but action is only taken when they want.

has anyone spoke to trading standards yet?

i checked out one of the addresses on Google maps and it looks like a house, and when you speak to them its always a young voice. it sound like a young person running things from home.

it looks like they fear paypal as when i reported them for taking a payment when they should have not a got a call and they sounded Pi**ed off.

does anyone know a way around them so i can get my domains away?

respect

ian harper

Quote Originally Posted by grandad View Post
    These people might be able to offer some help or advice.

Local Trading Standards
    Thanks, I sent email. Hopes they can help me and others.
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server

PORT9 Ltd

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    P9 House
    22 Woodside Street
    Carrbrook
    Stalybridge
    Cheshire