Looking for a cheap host to host my personal website.

Hosting my blog, resume, and some pictures. I need minimal bandwith and space, just worried about cost and reliability.

Can anyone recommend a good host? I am looking in the 5$/month range.

Which blog software are you planning to use if you don't mind me asking?
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

probably wordpress or movable type.

You should be good with pretty much any solution you choose. Take a look over in the offers section, you should be able to find something that meets your needs. Be sure to do research on the host of your choice before signing up with them. Good luck with everything!
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Word press is a great sowftware i have enjoyed working with it... Easy setup the whole nine yards
    Fully Managed | cPanel Shared Hosting | Windows Shared (coming soon) | R1Soft Daily Backups | FFmpeg packages
    Base 10 Hosting LLC
    follow us on twitter - @Base10Hosting

Steadfast is a reputable host with great reviews and they have packages in your budget. Give them a look.

http://steadfast.net/services/shared.php

Take a look at www.hostquack.com packages. It's in your budget and I have my site hosted with them from 2 months seems good. Good Luck!
    :: PerlArcade - Play Online Games

I think you should worry most on the reliability. Next is to check whether the price justify for the type of reliability and service you get from the web host.

At the end of the day, you must trust yourself & the company.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by wagthesam View Post
    Hosting my blog, resume, and some pictures. I need minimal bandwith and space, just worried about cost and reliability.
    Most hosts offer 99.9% uptime and 30 days money back guarantee.
    You should find an established host with reasonable resource vs price.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

try **********.com free hosting. 100GB bandwidth.

If you don't like it you can always go to a paid host.

But you wont. this one lets you host your own domain as well and doesn't force any ads and gives you 100GB bandwidth a month.

probably wordpress
    Have you looked at here?
    http://wordpress.com/vip-hosting/
    Santrex Internet Services
    Shared Hosting & Dedicated Servers & Shells
    High Quality Only!

Quote Originally Posted by SANTREX View Post
    Have you looked at here?
    http://wordpress.com/vip-hosting/
    Isn't this a bit more expensive than the OP wanted?
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

Can anyone recommend a good host? I am looking in the 5$/month range.
    starter plan with any reputable host will do fine, most of the host now provide some sort of autoinstaller even if fantastico is not there.
    Dig the offers forum here for a start
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

You can get a starter-level hosting package for about $5 per month with most any host nowadays.

Just make sure the host is reputable before jumping in - IMO it's important to make sure the host has mostly happy users before signing up, especially when looking in that price range.

Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Hi, not sure if we can post links but I'll give it a go - I would recommend netrillium.com. I have my own small hosting business but host my helpdesk with them, as a backup in case my own servers are down. I can recommend them for reliability and good support.
    They've just done a revamp on plans and prices aswell, you can get good quality hosting for as little as $2.99/month - they also are offering discounts for the first three months, I know they posted on here about that so do a search for netrillium and it will give details of the 75% discount.
    Hope that helps!

have u tried bluehost.com?

Quote Originally Posted by baber_abbasi View Post
    have u tried bluehost.com?

Have you actually used them to host a domain/site? Please provide the domain so we can verify your recommendation.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Have you checked the offers forum? Your requirements are fairly basic so I don't see any reason why it would be difficult to find a reliable host.

Remember, make sure you search for the company's name here on WHT before you sign up with anyone!