Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by chrisb
    Thanks for posting that. I wish Annette had also posted the companies. Isn't AlphaOmegaHosting run by a woman?
    Companies, in no particular order, for some of the members of the list above:

HostCaters, Media Designs, PMA Hosting, Pagiweb, Graphiti Design, AlternateDSigns, LovelyDTP, WonderSpace, Extreme Presence, Terraweb Solutions, Metallic, Netdogger, NXLSys, Blogomania, ADC Group, RogueBytes, Kyburz, BlueDiamonde, EdificationWeb, WordMuseum, Mainline, ArtBanshee, Mainstay, Renaissance, Fishpie Web, etc.

Not all of them well known, but there are more than some people think.

rockergrrl, I didn't name you as I didn't know if you'd ever given your real name and weren't sure if you were nearly ready to launch into a wider circle or not just yet.
    Last edited by Annette; 08-19-2002 at 12:37 PM.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

I'm counting the ones I know, Annette. Hubby may have his initial first, but I'm the one that runs everything. There are more than I thought as well!

Sara
    Sara

Sara Nelson Photography Preserving your moments since 1973.

Also http://www.acornhosting.net run by yours truly. And I made $20 this month. Not bad for a first month, anyway.

--Cathy

congrats on the $20
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by Annette

rockergrrl, I didn't name you as I didn't know if you'd ever given your real name and weren't sure if you were nearly ready to launch into a wider circle or not just yet.
    Not totally ready yet -- well I would've been... well over a year ago.. Got a design for the site -- and then changed my mind on it... and did another one... changed my mind... and another one... changed my mind... 1 years worth of mind changes... LOL

Soon.. that's all I can say...

hey quick question for aussie this is off topic but how do you have 4.8 kids? Is one like missing a leg or something? lol sorry just wondering
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Probably #5 is on its way...

Just like I have 1.3 kids...

Originally posted by Annette

Companies, in no particular order, for some of the members of the list above:

HostCaters, Media Designs, PMA Hosting, Pagiweb, Graphiti Design, AlternateDSigns, LovelyDTP, WonderSpace, Extreme Presence, Terraweb Solutions, Metallic, Netdogger, NXLSys, Blogomania, ADC Group, RogueBytes, Visions Multimedia, Kyburz, BlueDiamonde, EdificationWeb, WordMuseum, Mainline, ArtBanshee, Mainstay, Renaissance, Fishpie Web, etc.

Not all of them well known, but there are more than some people think.
    Wow! That's impressive. Thanks for posting them.

Hey Cathy Congrats for the $20.. I'm sure there would be a lot more. My first foreign project was also for $20 . I was supposed to comment on the site http://www.urgentfreight.com ...

I have 3 lady clients running successful business .One of them is doing very well. I think she does not post on WHT though...

Have a great day

Regards
    Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares....
    https://bobcares.in

Also http://www.acornhosting.net run by yours truly. And I made $20 this month. Not bad for a first month, anyway.
    well done!

Originally posted by interactive
    hey quick question for aussie this is off topic but how do you have 4.8 kids?
    I think it means that he is missing .2 "swimmers".

Congrats to the lady on the $20. It must've felt great.

Originally posted by interactive
    hey quick question for aussie this is off topic but how do you have 4.8 kids? Is one like missing a leg or something? lol sorry just wondering
    4 out and No.5 is only 80% done.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    Probably #5 is on its way...

Just like I have 1.3 kids...
    The more you have, the easier they get.

My wife wants 1 more after this one but I'm putting my foot down. We'll see who's boss.

A woman just knows these things (being .X of kid -- comes naturally )

I don't know how you survive with 4 kids -- let alone #5 on the way... and your wife wanting a #6 in the future... My 2 year old drives me batty!! And to think, I have #2 on the way.. *faints* Now I'll never get anything done!!

Hey, people. This thread isn't about Aussie Bob, his wife, kids, or his positive cashflow.

shut up chrisb no offense i was just asking a question im sure you've never ever asked one. as for children i wouldn't know since i aint married lol and as for the person who made 20 way to go! it starts somewhere lol
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    A woman just knows these things (being .X of kid -- comes naturally )

I don't know how you survive with 4 kids -- let alone #5 on the way... and your wife wanting a #6 in the future... My 2 year old drives me batty!! And to think, I have #2 on the way.. *faints* Now I'll never get anything done!!
    ok at the risk of incurring the scorns from chrisb for deviating this thread ever so slightly I'll say that as the kids get older, they get easier to manage. When they get around the 5+ age, they tend to look after themselves and get out from under your feet. My wife was away on one of those "Women's retreat" weekends and I had all 4 kids. They were a breeze.

Keep breeding rockergrrl and keep building your hosting business.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Keep breeding rockergrrl and keep building your hosting business. The only limits are the ones you place on yourself.
    lol umm aussie?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by chrisb
    Hey, people. This thread isn't about Aussie Bob, his wife, kids, or his positive cashflow.
    Everything's about me Chris.

Hi!

Elena here from SurrenderOnline.com

Love the industry and having much fun working for Surrenderonline, we get looked after here... ha ha

having great fun using this forum while Phillip is away.

Hope to see more and more women in the hosting biz.

cheers

Elena
    www.surrenderonline.com
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

I am a girl too

Been doing this insanity since '97 although quietly (not a lot of advertising), I have a handful of well-cared-for clients (going for quality, not quantity)... My Site.

Very excited, I just got my new license plates last week: "WEB HOST" So if you're driving down the road and you see a car with those plates, and a woman behind the wheel, know that she is the one with the affinity for Penguins. And wave!

Bailey

Do I smell a Women of Hosting theme for a future issue of Playboy?

Pics with Avatar faces ;-)

Seriously, Annette and Stephanie rock. I haven't had a chance to work with any others on the list.

I was shocked by the number of women who run hosting companies. Shocked because the IT world on a whole doesn't have to many women.

I am also surprised by the number of women involved in the hosting industry, from the standpoint of a designer/developer. All of my clients are businesses run by, and primarily staffed by, males for whatever reason (perhaps Deb is right as far as the issue of equality goes, or maybe it's something else, I don't know). Any female employees of the companies seem to want to fill out administrative and/or clerical roles and don't want to take on a role in the design, development, or promotion of the sites; they almost seem to be afraid of the Internet in general as well.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say in a backhanded way is congratulations and keep up the good work to those of you of the fairer sex who do own, co-own, and/or take on an active role in the hosting business. I hope to see a lot more of you soon, contributing knowledge, ideas, and expertise.

As far as the Women of Hosting theme for Playboy goes, I don't think it'd work very well. The minute the women were asked to show their racks, they'd bring in pictures of their datacenters.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

Thanks Bailey for letting us know about your hosting company. Nice site.

Originally posted by TheGAME1264
    As far as the Women of Hosting theme for Playboy goes, I don't think it'd work very well. The minute the women were asked to show their racks, they'd bring in pictures of their datacenters.
    LOL... Good one.

Brian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast