Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: East Asia VPS?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,014

    East Asia VPS?

    I have a small project that I am going to be doing for a client and I am in the need for a small linux (centos) vps, 128mb (would like to have a burstable amount too) ram. Storage really isnt a issue, dont need more than a couple GB's. Looking to find something around $15 USD. I would prefer the location to be in Japan, but I am pretty much open to anywhere in East Asia. Any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    441
    Singapore would be a good location. Search the offers section, I'm sure you'll find some SG based VPS.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by pixeldawn View Post
    Singapore would be a good location. Search the offers section, I'm sure you'll find some SG based VPS.
    I already searched the forums and used google. I didnt find any good results, thats why I posted here asking for ideas/help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hanoi
    Posts
    4,306
    Are you in Japan? If you are looking for somewhere near Japan, SG might not a good choice. I think even west coast of the US is better. Especially with NTT connections. We run over NTT on parallel lines from Tokyo - Seattle or Osaka - Seattle and it's very fast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,430
    Search for offshore hosts based in Hong Kong.

    Thats the best you can get for your budget.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    Are you in Japan? If you are looking for somewhere near Japan, SG might not a good choice. I think even west coast of the US is better. Especially with NTT connections. We run over NTT on parallel lines from Tokyo - Seattle or Osaka - Seattle and it's very fast
    I am not in Japan, but I still need a VPS on in Eastern Asia.

    Quote Originally Posted by ganesh-rao View Post
    Search for offshore hosts based in Hong Kong.

    Thats the best you can get for your budget.
    Could you please just tell who your talking about instead? Like i said, i already searched, thats why I am asking for suggestions.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bharat
    Posts
    4,722
    If you'll see in the VPS hosting offers forum, there are few Singapore offerings over there, I am afraid they may not be within your budget, but still you may like to contact them maybe they can work out something for you.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    I already searched the forums and used google. I didnt find any good results, thats why I posted here asking for ideas/help.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=skynet

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by vikashk View Post
    That would be helpful if you had actually read my criteria and it fit it. Now it just seems spammy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    17
    Well I did read your criteria, but as far as i know, you cant get that budget in this region, others have also suggested that here so I pasted one which I think would match closest.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    I still havent found anything close to meeting my criteria. Any new ideas? =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •