* Need to know what is my server power

i need to know what my server power how many account i can give with this dedicated sever,how much user can i give permission or give account

My server details
    Intel \ 2.4 Ghz \ P4 Celeron
    os-redhat
    RAM-2GB DDR
    harddisk-160+50Gb
    bandwith-3000Gb

iam also running my own site which haveing more that 100online members so can i keep this server for my own use or can i give account,if i give a/c it will cause any slow in my serve? help me
    Last edited by yajur; 03-16-2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling error

What sort of sites are you going to be hosting on it?

Static sites?
    Dynamic sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robertson View Post
    What sort of sites are you going to be hosting on it?

Static sites?
    Dynamic sites?
    Dynamic sites

can u give me how many site i can host,my average CPU is 0.20-0.30

You only posted 2 hours ago, no need to bump.

Anywhoo, it's impossible to say how many accounts you could host - it depends on how much traffic each site gets.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

i dont need exact data,can give me some rough idea that will be help me in pick my hosteing for clients

Even a rough idea is difficult, you could have 300 customers with very basic sites that dont pull much but then again you could 1 out of the 300 who does which will impact substantially on your resources.

Talking 200-300

Linux Operating System can hosts over 30,000 websites (in theory...). In the past, running a home server with OS/2 Warp 3.0 I was running 1,300 websites really fine with a very poor hardware (but note: all of websites was static, very basic, no forums...). IMHO with the server described by you, friend, you can run between 200-300 basic websites; to run dynamic websites I suppose you can hosts between 5-10 of them with this dedi, but this is not the ideal (for dynamics I strongly recommend dual core or quad core for best results).

Good luck with your box...
    The-REV, OS/2 Guru
    http://macarloshark.com/
    Trusted Since 1997
    Blog: http://my.opera.com/The-REV/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by rathin View Post
    i dont need exact data,can give me some rough idea that will be help me in pick my hosteing for clients
    The only way to give a rough idea is to see how much bandwidth each user should use on average, and go from there.

For example, if your users are using 30 gigabytes each per month, you could maybe host 90 customers and still have 300 gigabytes spare for future upgrades etc.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Why do you post in Bold...? Nobody can tell you how many site you can run on the server it depends of what do their owners do. Different processes require different amounts of CPU, RAM and etc. I can say only that you can not host too many website on P4 or Celeron and to expect to have good performance. Those are pretty old processors.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Thanks to all,to get me nice suggestion also in my httpd.conf file is saw these lines RLimitMEM 293169493
    RLimitCPU 240
    iam haveing 2 server,in of my server httpd.conf these lines are absent what may these lines used!it need to put these two lines in my another server