Inserting advertising between rows php

Hi, I have a bit of a conundrum. I am trying to get my site page to look like this:

First 5 rows
    (advertisment)
    Next 10 rows
    (advertisment)

Can anyone advise the easiest (least code required) way to achieve this? I tried to use row-id but I have multiple row categories so the id is not consistent (eg. it might go 6,7,43,2,18 etc. which is where I got stuck). I'm wondering how I can get it to count the rows as the number the query has outputted so far instead of the db id's...

try:
    PHP Code:
    $query "SQL statement";
    $counter 1;
    // assuming that you have more than 5 entries
    while(mysql_fetch_array($query))
    {

$counter++;

$result_row .= "...";
        if (
    $counter == 5)
        {

$result_row .= "ads code";

$counter 1;
        }
    }
    print 
    $result_row

That didn't work, but I got it working by declaring an int variable outside the repeat region loop and getting it to increment by 1 inside the repeat region loop and then put the ad in the repeat region loop for conditions if counter1 = 5 or 15 etc.

A more logical approach is to use mod instead of a bunch of hard coded numbers...

PHP Code:
    $query "SELECT...";
    $i 0;

while(
    mysql_fetch_array($query))
    {

//print the row here

if ( ++$i == )

//print the ad here

Using mod would confine it to having an ad every x number of rows rather than having one towards the top, one towards the middle and one towards the bottom. But I can see how that could be a more logical and better spread out approach.

Quote Originally Posted by FG-alex View Post
    Using mod would confine it to having an ad every x number of rows rather than having one towards the top, one towards the middle and one towards the bottom. But I can see how that could be a more logical and better spread out approach.
    Well if you only want one at the top/middle/bottom then you could use mysql_num_rows() and print the advertisement when $i is 0, numrows/2, or numrows.

Based on your example i figured you wanted it every 5 rows, so my mistake there.

Well it could work either way, I may stick to the 5 every rows and change it if I need to later, at least i know the gist of the code now. Thanks