* Site not working from some locations

6 days ago we bought a new server in Scranton, PA, US Datacenter (BurstNet) and moved a few sites.

Now we have been receiving a few complaints from some clients from different parts of India that they are not able to see their site. We use MTNL and all the sites are working fine. We checked with a few different ISPs in India (I checked them with AirTel and VodaFone GPRS), they work fine but a few clients are saying that they are not able to access.

Could you please check the following sites and let me know if you can see them fine with your ISP?

- http://www.convexdigital.com
    - http://www.shayeri.net

Please mention your ISP and Location.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Regards,
    Sonia
    Last edited by realvaluehosting; 03-15-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Your sites load for me.

ISP: Bell ADSL

host-tracker.com could help you out a bit too. They're checking from a good number of locations.

Thanks for replies

None of our international clients (outside India) is complaining and sites are showing working fine with the mentioned sites also. It is only clients from India for whom the sites are not working.

For example, I cannot access http://www.convexdigital.com right now from my ISP (MTNL, Delhi) while this site is working fine from my SoftLayer Windows Server.

Any ideas?

Both sites are loading fine for me using AirTel.

I have experienced similar problems before, the problem is not with your server or DC, its with the ISPs here, I have noticed many a times that the same site will load for me using AirTel but will not load for some other AirTel user, so after lot of persuading with AirTel guys it was concluded that it was a fault on their end which they resolved by fixing their router, these ISPs use different routers for different areas and categories so at the same moment site may be loading for some but not for others. And this problem is not just with AirTel most of the ISPs are having the same issue.

So you can ask the client to talk with their ISP support people to resolve the issue.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Did India finally fix that underwater cut cable issue they had a month or so ago? I know I have a client there that has to use his cellphone for Internet access (at least the last time I talked to him).

Yeah that has been fixed long back, I think so, as we are again experiencing proper speed as before.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Yeah that has been fixed long back, I think so, as we are again experiencing proper speed as before.
    Can't be too far back since the guy just contact me a month ago for the first time.

boyh sites are opening here .

hathway , you tele and airtel (isp's ) ...

we had this problem 3 to 4 months back ...

now its ok

our servers are at softlayer ...

vinsar was aware of it
    isp issue ... ....

problems with bsnl ,tata(vsnl) and some times airtel

tata issue solved due to client who went to vsnl chennai office and found out that they have given their clients outdated dns enteries .....
    david .c
    web hosting india , www.easy2host.in
    windows , linux -- webhosting / reseller hosting

Both sites works.
    Lithuania, ISP - Lithuanian Telecom.

Thanks everybody.

Clients/visitors from several other parts of the world complaint about this and burstnet DC people were not having any ideas so we purchased a new server in SoftLayer DC and moved everybody there.

Let's see.

Could be outdated DNS, did you ask the customer which complain to check the IP they are connecting too, and is this the correct one ? did you ask them to do a traceroute to see where it ends?

If it is outdated DNS information; ask them to try www.opendns.com
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Seems to be working from Netherlands, GreenISP (Telfort)
    hi there!

They seem to load both but : www.convexdigital.com doesn't seem to be on the burst network as it runs on AS18866 (atjeu publishing lcc) and the rdns of this host is amazon.serversfarm.com .....

Seems to be a bit strange to me
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Its strange shayeri.net is seems to be at HOSTNOC-2BLK rDNS volga.serversfarm.com

ATM convexdigital.com is not resolving for me (AirTel, New Delhi).

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Its strange shayeri.net is seems to be at HOSTNOC-2BLK rDNS volga.serversfarm.com

ATM convexdigital.com is not resolving for me (AirTel, New Delhi).
    Not so strange that is the Burst network (AS21788) so that site seems to be correctly configured on the server.

I would suggest for the OP to check his DNS settings.