when should i change?

hello.

I started my imagehosting service on a VPS a while back, now it's grown and gets about 3000+ unique hits and increesing everyday, so i wanted to ask, when should i change to a dedicated server? should i do it right now or waith a bit more ?
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

Does the VPS not have enough resources to cope? Do you have money to burn?
    If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.
    Lord Chesterfield

If you are making enough profit or have the funds I would suggest you to get a dedicated server from hostgator.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Dedicated servers from hostgator are really affordable for what you get and the level of management they offer. I recommend them as well.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWilliams View Post
    Does the VPS not have enough resources to cope? Do you have money to burn?
    currently the VPS still have enouff resources to managed for a bit, but if it grows in this rate it has done over the past 2 weeks it's soon not gona be enouff.

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    If you are making enough profit or have the funds I would suggest you to get a dedicated server from hostgator.
    Is the server at hostgator upgradeable without changing hosting plan? i currently have my VPS at Futurehosting.biz and their dedicated server i was quoted is a little better then the hostgator one and upgradeable without plan change (ie, more hdd's, ram etc.)

anyhow. currently with the ammount of unique daily users i have 3000+ as i said before, the page uses up about 2-3gig of bandwith daily and as also said before it's growing more and more each day.

The avarage load time of the page is currently 3.0sec, what im stuck on is.. should i get a dedicated now so the server get's fast and uploads of images get's faster, or should i go on as is and w8 until the vps cant handle it anymore?
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

Just keep an eye on the VPS's load and page load time. Unless the growth is explosive, you should be able to notice when the VPS is starting to struggle, and have enough time to upgrade.

Is the server at hostgator upgradeable without changing hosting plan?
    It is. Click the question marks on their site for more details/pricing.

Yeah, as said above i would just wait as long as possible till it has a hard time. Also for the fact just in case it doesnt keep "exploding" or you slow down, then you wouldnt need to.

In the ends its easier to stay with your same host because its all right there, but godaddy will probably change it over for you. All though personally i do not like there hosting but its all different.
    BlueWire-Hosting - Well priced, and affordable hosting. With a helping staff and blazing support!
    cPanel/WHM RvSkins Fantastico de Luxe 24/7 Support
    PHP5 With Rewrite for PHP4 SiteBuilder Ruby On Rails Perl mySql
    | Custom Plans Available | Resellers | Shared |

If support is your major concern, call their support line to see how much the wait time is. Usually, what you pay is what you get.