Something like shortstat?

I'm looking for something like shortstat or better (free)

If some of you remember shortstat was created by shaun imman but now he is developing haveamint which is also a pretty decent one. Sadly I'm looking for a free solution for now.

Sorry if this doesn't belogn here, just didn't know where to put it.
    Freelancer
    Site Coming Soon | Route Cafe Blog

I've never heard of ShortStat, so outlining what it is might give you more answers. I google search on shortstat results in a lot of pages, and there seems to be some WordPress plugin called wp-shortstat. Of course, I have no idea if this is related to what you're looking for.

ShortStat is like Google Analytics. I have my own reasons of 'why not to go with analytics'.

wp-shortstat is nice, but isn't nice on the long run. I've been using it for 3 weeks and the performance rose quite a lot when i deactivated it, meaning the this wordpress plugin is really capable of slowing your site.
    Freelancer

So, shortstat, or the tool you want anyway, doesn't necessarily relate to WordPress at all, or does it? In other words, I assume it's unrelated, but you did mention using wp-shortstat, so do you need it for your WP script(s)?

PS: I don't recall ever seeing anything good for WP, as they all seem to be resource hogs (but not surprising since WP is a resource hog itself by design -- some of it there's not really a lot of good ways around due to the intent of the software though (so I don't completely fault them)).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Greer View Post
    So, shortstat, or the tool you want anyway, doesn't necessarily relate to WordPress at all, or does it? In other words, I assume it's unrelated, but you did mention using wp-shortstat, so do you need it for your WP script(s)?

PS: I don't recall ever seeing anything good for WP, as they all seem to be resource hogs (but not surprising since WP is a resource hog itself by design -- some of it there's not really a lot of good ways around due to the intent of the software though (so I don't completely fault them)).

Indeed, sometimes I wonder that myself. I guess it's because of the addons and things supported. Although I'm a bit ignorant for not considering Movable Type.

Wordpress has clean urls, (right, i know this is a very stupid excuse)

I need it for both wordpress/site/forum and misc
    Freelancer