Thread: powweb down

powweb down

powweb is down for 1 hour.

www.powweb.com isn't loading here either (from Sweden and TeliaSonera)

Seems to be resolved -- from here at least (Chicago).

Not that anyone here doesn't already know how bad PowWeb sucks, but... seriously, what the heck is up with March?

http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=46358

It's been ridiculous. And of course every time I tell them about it, they simply tell me they can access my site fine at their end and then close the ticket. Despite me sending traceroutes and the above URL (Hyperspin also monitors my site and tells me when it's down, but I can't find any similar public URL for them to get a report/summary).

Quote Originally Posted by sremick View Post
    Not that anyone here doesn't already know how bad PowWeb sucks, but... seriously, what the heck is up with March?

http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=46358

It's been ridiculous. And of course every time I tell them about it, they simply tell me they can access my site fine at their end and then close the ticket. Despite me sending traceroutes and the above URL (Hyperspin also monitors my site and tells me when it's down, but I can't find any similar public URL for them to get a report/summary).
    Are you still with them? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    Are you still with them? If so, why?
    Basically, for three reasons:

1) I make $0 off my site. So it doesn't generate any income for me to justify blowing a lot of money on a webhost. It's a personal "fun" thing.

2) My needs in a host are a lot of storage, low bandwidth (and, of course, not going down 90 times in a month). I get very little traffic (friends and family, mostly), but I use it as a photo album so I have lots of files. It's hard to find webhosts with the storage I need.

3) Every potential replacement webhost has had enough negative comments about them on WHT that I've been hesitant to pull the trigger and make the move. I have 3 PHP applications and several domains associated with my webhosting account so moving is not going to be trivial. I want to make sure that when I move, I'm not jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I continue to research alternatives, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sremick View Post
    Basically, for three reasons:

1) I make $0 off my site. So it doesn't generate any income for me to justify blowing a lot of money on a webhost. It's a personal "fun" thing.

2) My needs in a host are a lot of storage, low bandwidth (and, of course, not going down 90 times in a month). I get very little traffic (friends and family, mostly), but I use it as a photo album so I have lots of files. It's hard to find webhosts with the storage I need.

3) Every potential replacement webhost has had enough negative comments about them on WHT that I've been hesitant to pull the trigger and make the move. I have 3 PHP applications and several domains associated with my webhosting account so moving is not going to be trivial. I want to make sure that when I move, I'm not jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I continue to research alternatives, though.
    Ok, I understand. That makes sense. Also, for point #3, you're always going to find negative comments about a host, so you have to use your own judgment.

Is PowWeb still down, considering that the Cogent issues are solved, for now.