Results 1 to 33 of 33

Thread: Geekrack and me

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74

    Angry Geekrack and me

    Hi all,

    On March 1st I got a VPS server from geekrack. It was almost good for 2 days then the VPS was started to be unstable. ُSo I asked the support to reboot my server (which I thought was down due to high load) but the support guy told me that they had turned off my server manually. I ignored him and next day my server was off again.
    This time the support wasn't responding to my tickets and they have completely ignored me.
    Unfortunately paypal refused to refund my money and geekrack isn't responding either.

    If your sites are important for you, NEVER TRUST GEEKRACK.

    This is the uptime report of my server:
    This is the uptime report of my server:
    http://site24x7.com/login/status.do?...color=%23FFFFF

    Regards
    mojtabaf
    Last edited by mojtabaf; 03-14-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added uptime

  2. #2
    Strange i have used geekrack for a number of months and although iv had a bit of downtime i havnt had many problems with them.
    XeoDomains.com - XeoDomains.co.uk - XeoDomains.mobi

    What ever country... still a great deal on your domains.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    774
    I was thinking the same thing - had a couple of servers for a bit now and have had hardly any real issues - I certainly don't experience them "ignoring" me - all my tickets have gone answered in reasonable time...

    Their live support is online right now - maybe worth giving that a shot? I've always been able to get through on there.

    EDIT: What exactly is the point of that link? It is showing it as down probably because you have a "/" after the IP address - that IP address is actually up right now.
    Last edited by probonic; 03-14-2008 at 04:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Six Degrees From You
    Posts
    1,075
    Hi,

    Did they tell you why they had disconnected your VPS?

    Paul

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Maybe you don't use the server but I have some sites which are busy and geekrack has turned off my server without even sending me any tickets.
    I have some servers with Steadcom and they have limited my CPU but they never did such a thing to me.
    It's so unprofessional to turn off the whole server. They can simply limit the CPU usage.
    Yesterday I checked my ip http://64.191.112.232/ and it shows the default Apache on CentOS! (My server was a lighty/Debian).

    I think they have terminated my server to sell it to someone else!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Hi,

    Did they tell you why they had disconnected your VPS?

    Paul

    No
    They support guy had no idea.
    I think my sites used a lot of CPU but since they are limiting the CPU usage, That should not be a problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Six Degrees From You
    Posts
    1,075
    Hi,

    Was this a VPS, Dedicated or shared hosting?

    Paul

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,872
    It really depends why they turned you off in the first place, sure they can limit your CPU, but two other big factors could be the network if you were receiving an attack or the disk i/o.

    If they limited your CPU and you were getting attacked, it would still not limit the other factors.

    If you opened a ticket with them, give the ticket # so a rep knows what you referring to. It would be unprofessional indeed if they did not notify or respond.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by probonic View Post
    I was thinking the same thing - had a couple of servers for a bit now and have had hardly any real issues - I certainly don't experience them "ignoring" me - all my tickets have gone answered in reasonable time...
    Do you want the screenshots of my URGENT tickets which were answered after 12+ hrs?

    Quote Originally Posted by probonic View Post
    Their live support is online right now - maybe worth giving that a shot? I've always been able to get through on there.
    after I waited for some minutes the following message came:
    Live Support is currently unavailable. Please leave a message below and one of our support personnel will get back to you shortly.
    EDIT: What exactly is the point of that link? It is showing it as down probably because you have a "/" after the IP address - that IP address is actually up right now.
    This is my IP and I did explain that my server was a debian but it says that now the server is a CentOS.
    So it's not my server, they have probably sold my server to someone else.

    The tracker is looking for a special keyword in the site,actually My name so it shows the server down even if it's up now.
    Anyway my site was completely down (SSH/HTTP/Ping) for 2-3 days after which the apache's welcome message came up
    Last edited by mojtabaf; 03-14-2008 at 04:20 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Hi,

    Was this a VPS, Dedicated or shared hosting?

    Paul

    It's a VPS.

    It really depends why they turned you off in the first place, sure they can limit your CPU, but two other big factors could be the network if you were receiving an attack or the disk i/o.

    If they limited your CPU and you were getting attacked, it would still not limit the other factors.

    If you opened a ticket with them, give the ticket # so a rep knows what you referring to. It would be unprofessional indeed if they did not notify or respond.
    They told me in the chat. They just never respond to tickets. I always have to find someone in the chat support.
    I have enough unresolved/unresponded support tickets with them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    64
    Hello,

    We are by no means a scam nor did we shut down your VPS for any resource related issues. Your VPS was in fact disabled due to you not responding to an DMCA complaint that went out on your VPS. We allow you 24 hours to respond to the complaint and if it is not responded to our dealt with we will suspend your VPS. This is common practice.

    If you have an outstanding ticket please email me directly at shequeita[at]geekrack.net and i will take a look at it for you. However as of right now i do not see one open for you.

    EDIT: I did locate a ticket for you however it was regarding you not being able to login to cPanel/WHM.
    Regards,
    Last edited by GeekRack; 03-14-2008 at 04:28 PM.
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    Hello,

    We are by no means a scam nor did we shut down your VPS for any resource related issues. Your VPS was in fact disabled due to you not responding to an DMCA complaint that went out on your VPS. We allow you 24 hours to respond to the complaint and if it is not responded to our dealt with we will suspend your VPS. This is common practice.

    If you have an outstanding ticket please email me directly at shequeita[at]geekrack.net and i will take a look at it for you. However as of right now i do not see one open for you.

    EDIT: I did locate a ticket for you however it was regarding you not being able to login to cPanel/WHM.
    Regards,

    It seems you've got a wrong costumer. See my IP again http://64.191.112.232/, I don't have Cpanel so I don't need to open such a ticket.
    I didn't get any response from you that why the vps was shut down.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    64
    This is the information that we have on file, please post your hostname so that i can do further research into this issue. If your services were cancelled i can gaurantee it was for a reason.

    Regards,
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    server3.justwantawebsite.com

    And I have sent you a mail regarding this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    64
    Yes, the first time your VPS was suspended due to excessive cpu/bandwidth usage. The second time time we recieved this DMCA complaint from the datacenter that went unhandled and was ultimately resulted in your site being removed.

    Furthermore, looking over your support tickets that you opened there are a couple that are still open due to you not responding to our inquiries..

    Regards,
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    Yes, the first time your VPS was suspended due to excessive cpu/bandwidth usage.
    You say in your website that the CPU is limited. And your VPS is capped at 300KB/s.
    cpu usage and bandwidth usage is funny, this is not a shared hosting to suspend a service because of bw or cpu usage.

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    The second time time we recieved this DMCA complaint from the datacenter that went unhandled and was ultimately resulted in your site being removed.
    I never got any response from you. you never sent me anything and I really want to know what has a proxy site to do with DMCA.
    Another funny reason to close my server.


    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    Furthermore, looking over your support tickets that you opened there are a couple that are still open due to you not responding to our inquiries..

    Regards,


    There only one support ticket open which I asked you to restart my VPS(When I still didn't know you have shut down my server manually)
    Your ticket system hasn't got my response(I responded to you by mail).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    You say in your website that the CPU is limited. And your VPS is capped at 300KB/s.
    cpu usage and bandwidth usage is funny, this is not a shared hosting to suspend a service because of bw or cpu usage.
    I actually spoke to you myself via live chat about this issue. In which you where advised there as to why your vps was suspended. Maybe you arent familiar with how virtualization technology works but there are still limits. If you are seeking an account without restrictions and or limits. Then a full dedicated box is where you should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    I never got any response from you. you never sent me anything and I really want to know what has a proxy site to do with DMCA.
    Another funny reason to close my server.
    We responded to you both via live chat and within the ticket system. We forwarded you the information on the same date (03/07). The complaint was not on the proxy site however it was filed on a torrent tracker that was hosted on that VPS serving illegal files.


    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    There only one support ticket open which I asked you to restart my VPS(When I still didn't know you have shut down my server manually)
    Your ticket system hasn't got my response(I responded to you by mail).
    There is actually only one support ticket open now after we just closed one in regards to your new order that was caught in Max Mind fraud check system. The other ticket that you have opened you have not replied to as of yet.
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50
    An unanswered DMCA complaint, responding to tickets via email, high resource usage (edit: and fraud attempt).
    Honestly it seems to me that you have not any right for complaining against GeekRack actions or to come here try to get a revenge.

    What will you do to compensate them for such insults? Maybe allow them to disclose here your personal details so other VPS providers will put you in a blacklist to never allow you to become their customer?

    Rui

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSSF View Post
    What will you do to compensate them for such insults? Maybe allow them to disclose here your personal details so other VPS providers will put you in a blacklist to never allow you to become their customer?
    That's a bit overdoing it..

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by jaNhammer View Post
    That's a bit overdoing it..
    Maybe it is... just as much as comming here to try to degrade someone's reputation without any legitimate reason, just for taking revenge their own scams didnt work out. Not just he is liable for all problems he had caused himself, it turns out it was he who was scamming someone.
    Not to mention the fact of comming here to this forum and try to fool other users like me, but as this kind of s*** looks like a common practice already, maybe this is considered a normal behaviour here, and maybe its me who is overreacting.

    Rui

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL, USA
    Posts
    764
    The title of this thread is very misleading and should be modified to reflect "I tried to scam Geekrack but it didn't work".
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Six Degrees From You
    Posts
    1,075
    responding to tickets via email
    Any decent ticketing system will allow a user to reply to a ticket via email, so why do you think that is a reason to suspend his VPS? As a matter of fact GeekRack use WHMCS which allows replies via email.

    this is not a shared hosting to suspend a service because of bw or cpu usage
    Transfer/bandwidth no, CPU usage, depends on the software used to create VPSes. OpenVZ and Virtuozzo do not virtualise the CPU and so a single VPS can use 100% of the CPU and cause all the other VPSes on the node to have a high load.

    Paul

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Any decent ticketing system will allow a user to reply to a ticket via email, so why do you think that is a reason to suspend his VPS? As a matter of fact GeekRack use WHMCS which allows replies via email.
    I did not tell that was a reason for his vps to be suspended, where the hell you read that?? Instead I understand that it can be a reason for problems like delays or misses of his replies, because from my experience with ticket systems, the open tickets dont get updated with a reply by email, and you get a ticket split in two parts, one in the web application and another in the email system. IF you are telling that their ticket system is completely integrated with email replies and they dont discorage the use of email as a reply method, then I have no arguments against that.

    Rui

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    I actually spoke to you myself via live chat about this issue. In which you where advised there as to why your vps was suspended. Maybe you arent familiar with how virtualization technology works but there are still limits. If you are seeking an account without restrictions and or limits. Then a full dedicated box is where you should be.

    You never told me anything about why my VPS was suspended. Don't lie about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    We responded to you both via live chat and within the ticket system. We forwarded you the information on the same date (03/07). The complaint was not on the proxy site however it was filed on a torrent tracker that was hosted on that VPS serving illegal files.

    I don't need a torrent tracker. I don't know how to make money out of that one anyway, So I'll never take the risk.


    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    There is actually only one support ticket open now after we just closed one in regards to your new order that was caught in Max Mind fraud check system. The other ticket that you have opened you have not replied to as of yet.
    The other ticket I had answered via mail bot your ticket system has ignored it.
    You never sent me any mails or told me anything from chat that why you have suspended my box.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by RMSSF View Post
    An unanswered DMCA complaint, responding to tickets via email, high resource usage (edit: and fraud attempt).
    Honestly it seems to me that you have not any right for complaining against GeekRack actions or to come here try to get a revenge.

    What will you do to compensate them for such insults? Maybe allow them to disclose here your personal details so other VPS providers will put you in a blacklist to never allow you to become their customer?

    Rui
    I never received any compliant. Geekrack is lying about it.
    I have attached the screenshot of my WHCMS and there is no tickets on why the Server is down. geekrack couldn't simply keep the server running and closed my server due to the fact that they have oversold their servers. They were simply thinking that no customer is gonna use it's bandwidth allowance.
    I'm not here to get revenge. $12 is not a big deal.
    I came here to tell others about my experience but you seem not to want to listen what I say.

    1.Geekrack never could keep the box running as it always crashed(Was turned off manually) when my site got 1/3 of traffic that another VPS is currently running.
    2. Geekrack stopped communication with me till I started this topic.


    [quote]responding to tickets via email,[quote]
    What's this one????

    high resource usage
    Steadcom is using OpenVZ as has limited my cpu usage



    (edit: and fraud attempt).
    I use secure servers to access paypal and browse the net. I then used my real IP to signup since the communication about the first order was getting long, I resignup for the same VPS

    What will you do to compensate them for such insults?
    I don't know why you are defending them. Maybe you are one of them. but if you're not,just search for geekrack and see the latest posts about them. If I did this before,(although all these posts are new) I had never signed up with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by RMSSF View Post
    Maybe it is... just as much as comming here to try to degrade someone's reputation without any legitimate reason, just for taking revenge their own scams didnt work out. Not just he is liable for all problems he had caused himself, it turns out it was he who was scamming someone.
    Not to mention the fact of comming here to this forum and try to fool other users like me, but as this kind of s*** looks like a common practice already, maybe this is considered a normal behaviour here, and maybe its me who is overreacting.

    Rui

    I'm not here to take any revenge. If geekrack told me that I'm using a lot of cpu I would do something about the load. but they simply stopped the communication, turned off my server and ignored me.
    Maybe I need more posts to write a bad review about a company.

    Quote Originally Posted by DephNet[Paul] View Post
    Transfer/bandwidth no, CPU usage, depends on the software used to create VPSes. OpenVZ and Virtuozzo do not virtualise the CPU and so a single VPS can use 100% of the CPU and cause all the other VPSes on the node to have a high load.

    Paul
    They have advertised limited cpu so they should have limited their cpu. If they didn't, it's their fault not mine. I shouldn't pay the price.


    Quote Originally Posted by RMSSF View Post
    I did not tell that was a reason for his vps to be suspended, where the hell you read that?? Instead I understand that it can be a reason for problems like delays or misses of his replies, because from my experience with ticket systems, the open tickets dont get updated with a reply by email, and you get a ticket split in two parts, one in the web application and another in the email system. IF you are telling that their ticket system is completely integrated with email replies and they dont discorage the use of email as a reply method, then I have no arguments against that.

    Rui
    • Why not delays and misses of their replies?
    • From my experiences all ticket systems were updated by mail.




    Geekrack told me to send a mail at [email protected] but she hasn't replied yet. When I say they aren't answering me, I mean it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tickets.jpg   Ticket1.jpg   Ticket2.jpg  
    Last edited by mojtabaf; 03-15-2008 at 12:53 AM.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL, USA
    Posts
    764
    Sorry to hear that Mehdi.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    You never told me anything about why my VPS was suspended. Don't lie about it.
    Let me first apologze, i didnt speak to you directly. It was Jason from our team that actually spoke to you in regards to your account. The reason that i do recall this account so well is because he contacted me to check why the VPS was down.

    Code:
    Jason: Welcome to GeekRack Networks. How may I assist you today?
    Mehdi Tohidi: Hi, could you please restart my VPS? the IP is 64.191.112.232
    Jason: You can reboot your VPS from your VPS control panel Mehdi
    Mehdi Tohidi: I can't reach my control panel
    Mehdi Tohidi: and SSH
    Mehdi Tohidi: all is down
    Jason: http://64.191.112.232:4346 - Same login as root
    Jason: Okay
    Mehdi Tohidi: do you have any external control panel?
    Jason: There is your VPS control panel which is hosted by us
    Mehdi Tohidi: But this control panel is inside my VPS
    Jason: What is your server name Mehdi?
    Mehdi Tohidi: when the VPS goes offline,
    Mehdi Tohidi: server3.justwantawebsite.com is my server name
    Jason: Okay
    Mehdi Tohidi: when the VPS goes offline, The Panel is unreachable also
    Jason: okay
    Jason: What sort of site is hosted on this VPS. It brought it down yesterday because one of your processes was eating up the server.
    Mehdi Tohidi: I'm hosting a proxy site
    Jason: Okay
    Mehdi Tohidi: but this time
    Mehdi Tohidi: because one of the diamons wasn't responding
    Mehdi Tohidi: I did a reboot
    Mehdi Tohidi: it never came back online
    Mehdi Tohidi: I did a reboot command
    Jason: Okay
    Jason: Okay, let me just look in to this for you, please hold for a moment!
    Jason: Okay,
    Jason: We will put it back online. However if we experience any additional issues we will have to remove him from the network all together!
    Mehdi Tohidi: you mean my VPS?
    Jason: Yes
    Mehdi Tohidi: did you put it offline?
    Jason: We did that Mehdi
    Mehdi Tohidi: why didn't you tell me anything?
    Jason: I'm not aware of why not Mehdi
    Mehdi Tohidi: But you should have told me when you are turning it off
    Jason: If you have an issue, please do submit a ticket
    Mehdi Tohidi: did you turn it on now? I still can't access my site
    Mehdi Tohidi: did you turn on my VPS now?
    Jason: It's being turned on Mehdi
    Mehdi Tohidi: I still can't reach my site
    Jason: It is on schedule to start up Mehdi
    Jason: Thank-you for contacting us today, have a good day now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    I don't need a torrent tracker. I don't know how to make money out of that one anyway, So I'll never take the risk.
    I never stated that you need a torrent tracker or know how to run one. Howver there was a tracker process (rtorrent) on this VPS as well as your excessive bandwidth usage, which is why your were ultimately removed from the network. We advised you of the excessive resource usage, we then recievd a DMCA complaint regarding your VPS. You never responded so of course it was removed. Here is a copy of this DMCA to refresh your memory just a bit.

    Hello.
    We have received a DMCA, regarding material on this server. I have included it, below. Please review the accusation and contact us, within 24 hours, to let us know when you have taken the cited material offline. Be advised that, under the DMCA, a counter notification may be filed. A valid counter notification will allow the material to be reactivated. More information on this may be found at:
    http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Entertainment Software Association
    575 7th Street, NW, Suite 300
    Washington, DC 20004 USA

    Attention: Intellectual Property Enforcement
    Telephone: 202-223-2400
    E-mail:
    mailto:[email protected]?subject=RE20Notice

    8 Mar 2008 00:56:56 GMT

    ISP: NetWork Operations Center, Inc.
    ESA Reference Number: 182-37984469
    IP Address: 64.191.112.232
    Date of Infringement: 8 Mar 2008 00:56:57 GMT

    Dear NetWork Operations Center, Inc.

    :The Entertainment Software Association ("ESA") is a U.S. trade
    association that represents the intellectual property interests of
    numerous companies that publish interactive games for video game
    consoles, personal computers, handheld devices and the Internet
    (hereinafter collectively referred to as "ESA members"). ESA is
    authorized to act on behalf of ESA members whose copyright and other
    intellectual property rights it believes to be infringed as described herein.

    ESA is providing this notice pursuant to the Section 512 of Title 17
    of the U.S. Code (as enacted by the 'Online Copyright Infringement
    Liability Limitation Act') to make NetWork Operations Center, Inc.
    aware that the IP Address identified below is using the services and
    systems of NetWork Operations Center, Inc. to infringe the exclusive
    copyright and other rights of one or more ESA members. This notice
    is addressed to you as the agent designated by NetWork Operations
    Center, Inc. to receive notifications of claimed infringement.

    Based on the information at its disposal on 8 Mar 2008 00:56:57 GMT,
    ESA has a good faith belief that the subscriber using the IP address
    64.191.112.232 is infringing the copyright rights of one or more ESA
    members by copying and distributing unauthorized copies of game
    products (through peer-to-peer or similar software/services), in
    violation of applicable copyright laws, through internet access that
    NetWork Operations Center, Inc. provides directly to the
    64.191.112.232 or through a downstream provider that purchases this
    access for 64.191.112.232. The copyrighted works that have been
    infringed include but are not limited to

    :Title: Assassin's Creed
    Infringement Source: BitTorrent
    Infringement Timestamp: 8 Mar 2008 00:56:57 GMT
    Infringement Last Documented: 8 Mar 2008 00:56:57 GMT
    Infringer Username
    :Infringing Filename: Assassins.Creed-RELOADED
    Infringing Filesize: 6962345750
    Infringer IP Address: 64.191.112.232
    Infringer DNS Name
    :Infringing URL: http://hiphoptrackerzz.kicks-***.org:6969/announce

    The unauthorized copies of game product are listed and/or identified
    thereon by their titles or variations thereof, game-related
    listings/references/descriptions, or depictions of game-related
    artwork. Such copies, titles, game-related
    listings/references/descriptions, depictions, and material that is
    the subject of infringing activities are hereinafter referred to as
    "Infringing Material."

    Given this infringing activity by 64.191.112.232, the ESA urges
    NetWork Operations Center, Inc. to cooperate with its efforts to
    protect the intellectual property rights of its members companies and
    immediately do the following

    :1. Notify the account holder of the Infringing Material.
    2. Take steps to stop the infringing activity.
    3. Take appropriate action against the account holder under your
    Abuse Policy/Terms
    of Service Agreement, including termination of repeat offenders under
    Section 512(i) of Title 17 of the U.S. Code.

    ESA believes that the information in this notification is
    accurate. Under penalty of perjury, I hereby affirm that ESA is
    authorized to act on behalf of ESA members whose exclusive copyright
    rights we believe to be infringed as described herein. NetWork
    Operations Center, Inc. or the account holder may contact ESA at the
    above-listed contact details, with email preferred. Please include
    the above-noted Reference Number in the subject line of all email
    correspondence.

    Thank you for your cooperation and prompt response in this matter.

    Sincerely,

    Intellectual Property Enforcement
    Entertainment Software Association

    - ---Start ACNS XML

    37984469
    Open
    Entertainment Software Association
    Anti-Piracy Enforcement, Intellectual Property
    Enforcement Manager
    575 7th Street, NW Suite 300, Washington, D. C. 20004
    United States of America
    1(202) 223-2400,1(202) 223-2401
    [email protected]
    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    The other ticket I had answered via mail bot your ticket system has ignored it.
    You never sent me any mails or told me anything from chat that why you have suspended my box.
    We do not have email piping enabled on our Kayako install and never have. We have found that it creates more issues for our support techs attempting to work on an issue than having our clients interact with us directly via the clientportal.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    I never received any compliant. Geekrack is lying about it.
    I have attached the screenshot of my WHCMS and there is no tickets on why the Server is down. geekrack couldn't simply keep the server running and closed my server due to the fact that they have oversold their servers. They were simply thinking that no customer is gonna use it's bandwidth allowance.
    I'm not here to get revenge. $12 is not a big deal.
    I came here to tell others about my experience but you seem not to want to listen what I say.
    Again this assumption is absolutely incorrect. We do not oversell our VPS node. We have several clients that have proxies installed on the server that does not have this problem at all. We do not open tickets in regards to abuse or suspensions this is all handled via email.

    Furthermore your VPS alone was averaging about 10MBPS -15MBPS peaks, with this sort of traffic you of course would not want to be in a virtual environment you would need to invest in your own fully dedicated server.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    1.Geekrack never could keep the box running as it always crashed(Was turned off manually) when my site got 1/3 of traffic that another VPS is currently running.
    2. Geekrack stopped communication with me till I started this topic.
    1) Us disabling the VPS is completely different from the vps crashing with no reasoning at all. As i have posted above you where advised as to why your vps was suspended by Jason.

    2) We have not ceased communication with you as i have been keeping this thread going and responding to your every claim. We feel that since this issues has come to light a full resolution needs to be posted publically to exonerate Geek Rack Technologies of any wrong doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    responding to tickets via email,
    What's this one????

    Steadcom is using OpenVZ as has limited my cpu usage
    Again, email piping is not enabled on our Kayako install and tickets are not updated/opened via email. Never has been.

    We also limit your CPU to the best ability of virtuozzo, however we do not place a cap on bandwith allowance ie 10mbps versus 100mbps. As i stated before your vps was utilizing an abnormally high amount of bandwidth along with creating a high load on the server, hence the vps was disabled as all available bandwidth and resources were going to your vps crippling other clients on the same node as yourself.

    Anyone would agree that this is not fair to our other clients which is why your vps was suspended.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    I use secure servers to access paypal and browse the net. I then used my real IP to signup since the communication about the first order was getting long, I resignup for the same VPS
    You may use "secure servers" to access the internet. However i highly doubt your real ip address was used to place this order.

    PLEASE SEE ATTACHED IMAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    I don't know why you are defending them. Maybe you are one of them. but if you're not,just search for geekrack and see the latest posts about them. If I did this before,(although all these posts are new) I had never signed up with them.
    This user has no affiliation with Geek Rack Technologies, they are simply a user expressing their opinion of your actions as others have done within this thread.

    We have no doubt had some internal issues during our last promotion which revealed an oppurtunity for us to improve services available to our clients by adding additional support personnel, lowering dedicated server setup time by effectively communicating our needs to our DC, as well as cut response time on all tickets that are properly submited and replied to.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    I'm not here to take any revenge. If geekrack told me that I'm using a lot of cpu I would do something about the load. but they simply stopped the communication, turned off my server and ignored me.
    Maybe I need more posts to write a bad review about a company.
    This information here is misleading We never ceased communications with you, The information posted thus far in this thread proves this exactly. Your vps was disconnected after you failed to respond to a DMCA complaint and your excessive usage on the node.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojtabaf View Post
    They have advertised limited cpu so they should have limited their cpu. If they didn't, it's their fault not mine. I shouldn't pay the price.

    Why not delays and misses of their replies?
    From my experiences all ticket systems were updated by mail.

    Geekrack told me to send a mail at [email protected] but she hasn't replied yet. When I say they aren't answering me, I mean it.
    Your issue with your VPS was not, let me repeat was not related to cpu resources solely. What resulted in your vps being disconnected was the fact that you where using so much bandwidth and server resources strictly allocated to your account.

    Again let me advise tickets are not updated, replied to etc via email. If you did send in an email and it went un answered why not login and post a reply to your tickets that you have created advising us that you attempted to reply via support but this information did not reach us?

    We feel that we were well within our right to disabled this vps as this client was abusing the server not just bandwidth allocation and resources but also the DMCA that we recieved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fraud.jpg  
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,027
    The trouble is GeekRack have a very good price point and they attract all the plonkers of the world. You have to feel sorry for them.
    Damien

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50
    So there might be some communication problems, and the fraud check system gave a false positive, and mojtabaf does not look like a manjo mambo scammer after all.
    An unanswered DMCA complaint and high resource usage.
    These are still issues I believe gave GeekRack a legitimate reason to suspend his VPS. And that does not entitle mojtabaf to come here and make such severe accusations about them.
    mojtabaf honestly, what do you expect for a 11$ or 12$ VPS? I think you got what you paid for, if you think a little I am sure you will agree.

    Rui

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    I never stated that you need a torrent tracker or know how to run one. Howver there was a tracker process (rtorrent) on this VPS as well as your excessive bandwidth usage, which is why your were ultimately removed from the network. We advised you of the excessive resource usage, we then recievd a DMCA complaint regarding your VPS. You never responded so of course it was removed. Here is a copy of this DMCA to refresh your memory just a bit.
    You never gave me this complement. In fact you never responded to my mails.
    Thats why I came here.Mehdi Tohidi: why didn't you tell me anything?
    Jason: I'm not aware of why not Mehdi



    Furthermore your VPS alone was averaging about 10MBPS -15MBPS peaks, with this sort of traffic you of course would not want to be in a virtual environment you would need to invest in your own fully dedicated server.
    Again you never told me about this one. not you nor your staff:

    Mehdi Tohidi: why didn't you tell me anything?
    Jason: I'm not aware of why not Mehdi
    Mehdi Tohidi: But you should have told me when you are turning it off
    Jason: If you have an issue, please do submit a ticket
    He didn't tell me anything. I once chatted with you myself but you left the chat when I asked you about the same issue.


    1) Us disabling the VPS is completely different from the vps crashing with no reasoning at all. As i have posted above you where advised as to why your vps was suspended by Jason.
    Advised for what?

    2) We have not ceased communication with you as i have been keeping this thread going and responding to your every claim. We feel that since this issues has come to light a full resolution needs to be posted publically to exonerate Geek Rack Technologies of any wrong doing.
    When I say you have stopped the communication,of course I don't meant this thread but I meant the emails which you ignored, the compliment which I never received and why you suspended my VPS which you never told me.



    We also limit your CPU to the best ability of virtuozzo, however we do not place a cap on bandwith allowance ie 10mbps versus 100mbps. As i stated before your vps was utilizing an abnormally high amount of bandwidth along with creating a high load on the server, hence the vps was disabled as all available bandwidth and resources were going to your vps crippling other clients on the same node as yourself.
    Same thing, why didn't you tell me before this??



    Anyone would agree that this is not fair to our other clients which is why your vps was suspended.
    I agree too. But my problem is not suspension of your service, but stopping the communications.



    Quote Originally Posted by RMSSF View Post
    mojtabaf honestly, what do you expect for a 11$ or 12$ VPS? I think you got what you paid for, if you think a little I am sure you will agree.

    Rui

    I do agree but I'd prefer to to hear, We can't serve you for $xx rather than suspending my VPS and not telling me anything

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50
    I have to agree with you on that.
    In my opinion any of those two issues alone, the DMCA complaint and the excess resource usage, are a legitimate reason for any VPS host to cancel the service, whether it is a 10$ plan or a 50$ plan, but they still should make sure you get notified and explained, and indeed I cant see in that chat transcript or in the ticket screenshots any attempt on that, therefore leaving you without a clue on why your vps was down, and I even just saw another post you made in the outage section of this forum before you started this thread, so now it is clear that you were left completely in the dark.

    Rui

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Six Degrees From You
    Posts
    1,075
    I have to disagree.

    If a provider can not provide the amount of transfer they offer, Shared hosting aside, then they should not offer the transfer allowance.

    Again if they offer an "unmetered 10MB/s" connection and cut me off after I have used 2000GB then again they should not offer the unmetered connection.

    Paul

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,911
    GeekRack,

    If you don't mind me asking what exactly did the abuse when it came to resource usage? I know our system will suspend an account automatically when the resource usage hits 100% either it being diskspace, bandwidth, or ram. I am not sure exactly how your ticket system is setup but you may want to add a line that the client must reply by logging into the client portal. I know we were having an issue with this as we also do not accept support emails to be piped. I have a lot of request to add this feature but at the moment we feel if its a big enough problem the client can login.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •