GeekRack.net - Stay Clear

I recently bought a small company from somebody i knew, the server they had was with GeekRack. So we moved everything over to our name and everything was fine for the first week or so, i then ordered a new server from them so i could run shoutcast from however they installed the wrong OS and refused to refund us or pay for the reload fee. So i quickly cancelled that server.

After that issue things started going downhill, nobody would answer our tickets about moving the server away from them so we could get it from our reseller account with BurstNet. As soon as we mentioned we were moving they just basically terminated all contact with us. They failed to mention two different abuse tickets to us which ended with the data centre disconnecting the server on two separate occasions, both times the server was down for more than 2 days. The server was also going down every night and when we asked them to take a look they never answered.

We finally got the server moved away from GeekRack and now the server is running fine and have had no problems. So this is just a word of warning to anybody that is considering GeekRack as there provider.

Will

Congrats on getting away from such a shoddy host, others would probably do well following your lead. I think the death watch started on this host about a month back with the over under giving them about 6-8 more weeks
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

I would like to second this - I tried for two weeks to get them to get rDNS setup. It continued to be a "just wait for it to propagate" response. It still doesn't work after two weeks. Just moved back to my previous provider who had a control panel for rDNS and the entries were available in about 10 minutes.

Stay far, far away.
    Need Java help? Want to help people who do? Sit down with a cup of Java at the hotjoe forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
    I recently bought a small company from somebody i knew, the server they had was with GeekRack. So we moved everything over to our name and everything was fine for the first week or so, i then ordered a new server from them so i could run shoutcast from however they installed the wrong OS and refused to refund us or pay for the reload fee. So i quickly cancelled that server.

After that issue things started going downhill, nobody would answer our tickets about moving the server away from them so we could get it from our reseller account with BurstNet. As soon as we mentioned we were moving they just basically terminated all contact with us. They failed to mention two different abuse tickets to us which ended with the data centre disconnecting the server on two separate occasions, both times the server was down for more than 2 days. The server was also going down every night and when we asked them to take a look they never answered.

We finally got the server moved away from GeekRack and now the server is running fine and have had no problems. So this is just a word of warning to anybody that is considering GeekRack as there provider.

Will
    We do apologize for any inconvience with your experience at Geek Rack. We have experienced tremendous growth over the last few months which revealed several areas of our business that required improvement.

After you submitted your first ticket regarding the release of the server we consented to the transfer and the process began on the dc side.

Quote Originally Posted by stdunbar View Post
    I would like to second this - I tried for two weeks to get them to get rDNS setup. It continued to be a "just wait for it to propagate" response. It still doesn't work after two weeks. Just moved back to my previous provider who had a control panel for rDNS and the entries were available in about 10 minutes.

Stay far, far away.
    I do appreciate your feedback as well as other clients on this issue. Because of your help on this matter we where able to work with Burst and identify that the latest IP blocks that where released where not setup under different nameservers than what Burst utilized in the past. The forms to correct this where sent off and has now been resolved.

Thanks for the feedback here it is what truely shows us what needs work and what needs to be developed from within Geek Rack Technologies.
    GEEK RACK NETWORKS
    SHARED| VPS | DEDICATED
    DISCOUNT WORLD CLASS SOLUTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    We do apologize for any inconvience with your experience at Geek Rack. We have experienced tremendous growth over the last few months which revealed several areas of our business that required improvement.

After you submitted your first ticket regarding the release of the server we consented to the transfer and the process began on the dc side.
    Once you said that you had filled it in, i got an email back from the dc saying that you hadn't, you had only submited a support ticket which was no good. So i had to ask you serveral times via tickets and live chat.

Hmmm. Are these reselling plans VPS accounts?
    http://www.patternedsoftware.com | Patterned Software Webhosting

Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    I do appreciate your feedback as well as other clients on this issue. Because of your help on this matter we where able to work with Burst and identify that the latest IP blocks that where released where not setup under different nameservers than what Burst utilized in the past. The forms to correct this where sent off and has now been resolved.
    I appreciate your honesty and do understand that success can be a double edged sword. However, my issue still exists. I waited many hours before posting a response. All I asked was that you simply tried the same thing I did - "host 64.191.22.117". Apparently you have not done this for the last week or you would see, as I have seen and still do see, that it results in a timeout as if there is something not running and/or firewalled. This is the same information I gave you, admittedly in a non-professional maner, over a week ago. I opened a ticket with burst.net who was gracious enough to at least try. They spent over an hour with me on this and finally decided to redirect to you. This was now 9 days ago.

Look, I was rooting for the little guy who happened to be in my home state too. Yes, I wanted to save money - who doesn't? But I need at least a modicum amount effort on the provider side too. In my mind I didn't ask for much - 5 rDNS entries - one for each IP I was assigned. I've been using other dedicated server providers for about seven years now and have not had a problem in the past. Even managed.com got my rDNS entries setup in about 10 minutes. And being classified with them is honestly not complementary.

Step back, and answer this - why do you want to be in a rather cut throat business? Are you in business just to make money? Your prices are going to attract a bunch of attention and will require razor thin margins. And yes, it will be a bit more difficult than forwarding the orders to burst.net.

I wish you the best of luck - it is a tough business and I know that I personally could not do it.
    Need Java help? Want to help people who do? Sit down with a cup of Java at the hotjoe forums.

Yes, stay away from Geek Rack; I paid for a server 11 days ago, I have heard nothing from them despite sending two emails. A member of their staff even replied to my topic saying they will look into the issue, but they did not live up to their promise.

Today I had to file a paypal dispute, which is a shame.

Just stay away from this company.

After moving our server away from them and after canceling the server we are still receiving invoice reminders from GeekRack for both servers. Terrible host