nameserver question

Hi,

I want to purchase a VPS plan and I got a question about the nameservers. I got a domain name and I can get a VPS plan. I m just thinking that if I want to buy a second VPS plan do I need another domain name?

More or less I m thinking to have 3 VPS servers, does this means I need 3 domain names?

Can i use something like subdomain per server or alias?

I got my domain with namecheap.com

thanks

No, you do not need additional domain for nameservers.

You can use like ns3.yourdomain.com and ns4.yourdomain.com for the 2nd vps, etc....

Net
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

You can easily setup something like

ns1 and ns2.yourdomain.com for the first vps
    ns3 and ns4.yourdomain.com for the second VPS
    etc...

You will just have to configure the IP's and the basic setup on the VPS that is hosting DNS for the domain
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Moved > Technical & Security Issues.

Agree with Net here, unless you do not want associate that VPSs and web sites with each other. I have to say that it is "fasion tendency" of nowadays web hosting compamnies have domain name for nameservers different then company domain name.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

There is a possibility to configure 2 DNS records for all your VPSs but I agree with Net too. You can configure different name servers for your VPSs, using only one domain.

thanks for the quick answer.