Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* RapidColo - Stealing Content?

http://www.rapidcolo.com/colocation/

http://www.serverhost.com/colo.html
    http://www.burst.net/servers/

Seems to me that he copied and pasted from the Serverhost and Burst sites.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

[QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Could you please point out what has been copied+pasted? I don't feel like reading everything just to find out about this.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.
      0 Not allowed!

The Q&A is almost word for word. The Colo page - tables and content around the tables are Serverhost - the table towards the bottom is copied almost word for word from the BurstNET site - I think it is pretty obvious.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

jkehe you have to be joking here..

They are basic tables with some info in them on what we offer. These same tables have been on our site for well over 12 months. They have been the same tables since the design of the site a year ago.

Now as for the QA they it is a little close and i will make some changes to that. But it for sure did not come from your site as far as I know. All i did was copy every thing over to our new design about 3 weeeks ago. Anther designer put all the content and laid out 12 months ago. Nothing has really ever changed at least not that I know.

But I will make sure its not close at all now I for sure don't want it to look close to yours..
      0 Not allowed!

Just because you copied the content 12 months ago doesn't make it right. I was notified of the similarities just recently when a customer asked me if we were the same company because of how similar it looked.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Sure i under stand.. I am editing it now my self to make sure its not the same..

We had a sucky ass designer a year ago.. We had the same problem with Vortech when he designed that one.. I had to go back and fix all of that site as well..
      0 Not allowed!

I really do not see the point of this post other then to start flames.

You could have contacted them direct with this matter.

What has this board come to..
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"
      0 Not allowed!

Yea he could have.. Oh well..

Not like i wanted to copy him.. He took the time to send me 3 PM's and 2 emails and still needed to post.. I don't care flame or not.. I just want to make sure its fixed but the post was kind of use less.
      0 Not allowed!

The intention of this post was not to flame. I'm upset that you have been profiting off of content that we created for something like a year. That's not right, whether or not you knew about it. If you change the content, I'll request that the thread be closed. Thanks.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

There are only so many ways you can make a table for bandwidth with prices and same goes for rackspace. I understand if a website was word for word.

I think rules for most webhost or colo companys are pretty much the same so even though they are worded differently, they pretty much mean the same.
      0 Not allowed!

ClusterMania your right we do 100% the same thing i can't change what a table does.. No one can all tables look the same one big square..
      0 Not allowed!

ClusterMania, did you even take the time to compare? Give me a break, it's a blatant rip. For example:

from serverhost:
    Service
    Charge

First five reboots (email dispatch)
    No charge

CPanel and WebHost Manager License (per server)
    $75/month

Advanced Technical Support (OS, Software, Hardware)
    $175/hour

Additional reboots (over five per server)
    $75/incident

from rapidcolo:
    Service
    Charge

First five reboots (email or phone dispatch)
    No charge

H-SPHERE Control Panel (50 licenses at 2.50 each)**
    $125/ One Time

H-SPHERE Control Panel (50 licenses at 4.00 each)***
    $200/ One Time

Advanced Technical Support (OS, Software, Hardware)
    $125/ hour

Additional reboots (over five per server per month)
    $75/ incident

---
    The format is exactly the same as well.

Don't even get me started on the burst.net copy. Acting like "oh, there's only so many ways you can present this type of information..."... you must think we're all idiots? Talk about unethical. What a way to do business.

While it should have been handled in private, this whole denial with RapidColo saying 'you must be joking'.... dude, you've been caught red handed. Be man enough to stand up and admit you made a mistake, fix it, and move on.

My $0.02,

Brandon
      0 Not allowed!

Brandon
    If he would of emailed me would of been diff.

Plus i did not do the design the site. We had a designer last year the took a lot of ppl **** and made a lot of truble for us. We have since been trying to find every thing we can and fix it. So you can keep your 0.02. Just do a search you will see we had the same problem on vortech from the same designer it has since been fixed.
      0 Not allowed!

Brandon
    Can we not reboot a server now and charge for it?
      0 Not allowed!

I have to agree with Jeffrey here. Matrix Reseller is another company of Vortech, i believe ...and they have completely copied the text from our old design and put it on http://www.matrixreseller.com/plans/index.php and just simply replaced 'CPanel' with 'H-Sphere', etc. This text came from no other website but ours, because i wrote it myself. Not to mention another 'ripped design' issue with yet another one of their websites way back on which the designer was blamed as well.

Vortech, the 'designer did it' story is becoming old. If you didn't change your designer for a year even after at least 3 clear rips, it is your fault. Anyone may believe that its the designer's fault for once, but not so many times.

I'd suggest you stop with this and come up with your own designs or you'll find yourself with much bigger problems that just a complaint in a public forum.
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com
      0 Not allowed!

Can we not reboot a server now and charge for it?
    Huh?

Why are you trying to blow smoke up everyone's butt? You can charge whatever you darn well please to reboot a server... but the page you put those reboot fees on better not be a ripped clone of another provider's own price list, or you're going to look like a schmuck.

I get sick and tired of individuals who don't take responsibility for their operations. Quit whining about your web designer, admit it shouldn't have been there, and commit to rectify the situation ASAP. If you want to go back and forth with me about it that's fine, you're the page thief. We can keep this on top of the forum as long as you'd like.

Brandon
      0 Not allowed!

Just because you changed the format doesn't mean you can keep the content. Please - stop using my content!

http://support.vortechhosting.com/de...faq.php?cat=10
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Kiwi so you have a copy right on every thing that is installed on a server now? Then you have a problem with every host out there. Get over it. **** you don't even support windows why would i even want to copy you? You have a copyright on tables? Give it up man.. MatrixReseller's page is nothing close to yours. So please give it up.. I looked at your plan pages they are not even F'ing close dude.. What ever.

The damn tables do even look close you or even come close.
    http://www.matrixreseller.com/plans/index.php
    http://www.mchost.com/plans/

Both vortech and RapidColo were put together by the same design RapidColo had been the same for a year up till 3 weeks ago. I more less copied the stuff over. I could care less what you believe. Also Vortech has been 100% redesigned as far as i know there is nothing left copied any where on that site.

cbtrussell what ever.. Every thing I have changed is all that is going to be changed on the site. I have never even seen serverhost so how do you know he did not copy us? Hell i don't even know that he did not copy us. I am sure you don't. But like i told him i would be happy to fix it.
      0 Not allowed!

Serverhost has been around since 1998 - you can look at archive.org and see similar designs dating back since 1999. Remove the content I took time to create!
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Vortech
    So please give it up.. I looked at your plan pages they are not even F'ing close dude.. What ever.

The damn tables do even look close you or even come close.
    http://www.matrixreseller.com/plans/index.php
    http://www.mchost.com/plans/
    I clearly stated our old design, not the current one. I wouldn't say anything if you asked, but not just taking it in the moment we take it down. I'll dig up the proof on archive.org for everyone to see.

Give up and stop the content stealing. It is very clear now to everyone, you're not getting anywhere with excuses.
      0 Not allowed!

Kiwi, your not even in archive.org.
      0 Not allowed!

Kiwi, your not even in archive.org.
    Yeah, i thought it may be a good thing to block archive.org from indexing our website due to obvious reasons mentioned above. I will unblock it, though ...give me a few hours.

Sorry, everybody hates people stealing designs and nobody will believe the same old story twice.

For readers of this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=15030
      0 Not allowed!

Kiwi maybe you are just slow..

I told you that site had not changed in over a year..

Look at the date on that post.. 07-10-2001 same designer that put vortech together did rapidcolo.com as well. No wounder it was stolen i never said that I DID IT? Because I would not. If i ever had an idea it was the same i would of changed. Why would I change it if i did not know it was the same as some else?

Vortech had the same thing I fixed the site never since a problem. This has been pointed and will be fixed.. But i am done posting here and could care less what you have to say..

jkehe if you have a problem with any thing you can email me.
      0 Not allowed!

I'll believe it when i see the changes. Stealing someone's design and/or content is the lowest you can go in this industry.
      0 Not allowed!

Kiwi its already changed for the most part. I have not gotten to the FAQ yet but the page has been changed.
      0 Not allowed!

You're going to have your hands full Kiwi, if you've got that trademark on "host unlimited domains". Why wouldn't you use something a bit more creative that folks could identify you with, rather than such a generic term? I'm surprised the patent office would even consider it.

Cheers

Gary
      0 Not allowed!

How is No limit on the domains you host LOL. Brad hasn't copied any sites to my knowledge we're the designers of MATRIX and I seen people copy them but not the other way around. A mistake is a mistake.
      0 Not allowed!

Kiwi its already changed for the most part.
    Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

cbtrussell what ever.. Every thing I have changed is all that is going to be changed on the site. I have never even seen serverhost so how do you know he did not copy us? Hell i don't even know that he did not copy us. I am sure you don't.
    I believe your prior record and the intellectually stimulating responses you've provided in this thread speak for themselves.

But like i told him i would be happy to fix it.
    Then why don't you? If you had stolen my content, I'd shut you down. But I don't have a dog in this fight, so who cares. At least be ethical enough to re-write your pricing copy in your own words, if you're capable of doing so.

Brandon
      0 Not allowed!

Brandon can you not read?

The page has been changed. I am not going to change prices for no one. Hell the prices are not even the same. The layout of tables is not going to change tables are tables. Some of the text there was kind of close to his that has changed.

As far as you having a dog in a fight your right you don't.. THINK GOD. Because you can't seem to read much less have a dog.
      0 Not allowed!

Brandon can you not read?
    Quite well, thank you - as the screenshots below will attest. Please note:

"anyone"
    "you're"
    "THANK"

Don't worry, I think they'll cover spelling and grammar in junior high - hang in there. (Hey, don't blame me, you threw up the reading comment.)

Well, since you came back for more, let's get on with the fun stuff, shall we?

I am not going to change prices for no one.
    Please show where I said anything about pricing being an issue. Obviously, you won't be able to do this. Talk about not being able to read. Hmmm.

The layout of tables is not going to change tables are tables.
    For many years all web pages were constructed primarily of only tables. Funny, none of the billion or so sites out there seemed to look the same. But let's not lose focus; are you continuing to insist that your tables were not ripped from the sites mentioned above? Please, please let me have the pleasure of getting a public reply from you on this one. LOL.

The rest of your message bores me. Since you seem to want to keep coming back for more, let's have look:

Exhibit1 shows the table issue. As all can see, the 'layout' of your table isn't the issue here.

Exhibit2 settles the who came first problem. Friend, if you're going to rip, at least be smart enough to do the job right.

GAME. SET. MATCH.

"Goodbye!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exhibit1.gif  
    Last edited by cbtrussell; 08-18-2002 at 12:55 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry, forgot #2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails exhibit2.gif  
      0 Not allowed!

"Exhibit2 settles the who came first problem. Friend, if you're going to rip, at least be smart enough to do the job right."

That pretty much settles it...Vortech simply chopped off the end of Burst's sentance without modifying the grammar at all. Smart
      0 Not allowed!

When will people learn? "My designer did it!". What friggin BS. How many times have you been busted for ripping crap? How many times do you need to use the same excuse? If you have a maid and she was caught stealing diamonds from the bedroom. Do you think you would check the rest of the rooms for what else could be gone?

Another thing. I think I have seen that vortech design before or something damn close. Anyone else? Those images on the homepage in particular.
      0 Not allowed!

How exactly do you shut someone down for stealing content?
      0 Not allowed!

If it was a substantial case, and you could offer a provider (i.e. the guilty party's uplink) undisputable evidence, that uplink provider may decide to shut someone down pending further investigation.

It'd be a big call in today's climate.

Gary
      0 Not allowed!

You guys are a joke!! There is a big Email link under each post. If you have a problem with one of our sites use it.

UmBillyCord your comment shows how much you don't know. The designer of Vortechhosting.com is on this forum. Here's a hint, search for Tranz.

The prices and the components are not even the same on the tables. LoL Here's a thought, WE SELL THE SAME THING and the only functional way I see to lay it out is via tables.

I am through listening to this BS. If anyone thinks they have a monopoly on the use of tables or the word "either" let me know, otherwise get a clue and get over it.
    Last edited by Vortech; 08-18-2002 at 10:41 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Good comeback there, Vortech. How old are you, 14? Your lack of maturity in naming your designer instead of standing up and accepting responsibility speaks volumes about your character. I hope anyone considering your "company" (sic) takes note of your blatant disregard for someone else's hard work as displayed by your responses here and votes with their hard-earned dollars.

Potential clients: should you do business with someone displaying the ethics demonstrated here? If they handle such an easily rectified situation as this with complete irresponsibility, how can you have any confidence that they will treat you and your money with any respect?

Vortech, you don't deserve to be in business. Thanks for making that so clear to us all.

Brandon

PS - To WHT members - this is by far the most caustic post I've made on WHT, and I apologize ... but blatant plaugurism, and a steadfast refusal to step up to the plate and accept responsibility for it, really hacks me off. I hope this will be my last post on the subject.
      0 Not allowed!

If anyone thinks they have a monopoly on the use of tables or the word "either" let me know, otherwise get a clue and get over it.
    You're so funny. No one has a monopoly over the word 'either'... but you can have all rights to leaving it hanging on the end of a sentence because you did the world's worst rip job. You're busted dude, get lost.

The prices and the components are not even the same on the tables. LoL Here's a thought, WE SELL THE SAME THING and the only functional way I see to lay it out is via tables.
    **plunk**

Please continue to respond. I think having this thread at the top of the forum is going to do wonders for your business.

Brandon
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast