Need some domain help for client

It's not for me, but for a client whose current host won't give them access to their domain panel to change their nameservers over to ours. Their host is a reseller for ENOM, so is there a way my new client can get around their host (ENOM reseller) and access a domain admin panel direct with ENOM, so they can switch nameservers over to us?

Cheers.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

via access.enom.com but without the password he can't reset it from there
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Bashar took the words out of my mouth. If the domain has a password set then they can login to access.enom.com.

Perhaps it's been tried already, but talking to the reseller to change the nameservers for your client might work provided there is no billing dispute between your client and the reseller. This is the #1 reason why webhosts refuse to make changes to domain records.
    Signature Under Construction.

What does the WHOIS says, if your client is the owner as per records, he/she may contact Enom for access details, may be get the domain services moved to another reseller.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Cheers for the advice guys. I'll pass this on to my client.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    What does the WHOIS says, if your client is the owner as per records, he/she may contact Enom for access details, may be get the domain services moved to another reseller.
    Yes, my client is the owner according to whois, so I have passed that link on, and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Your client could open their own enom reseller sub-account at www.domainsmarty.com/resellers.php. DS are a reputable eNom ETP. Don't worry about the "reseller" label for the account. It's actually marginally better than a retail account. I have no connection with them. Your client could then ask either their webhost or eNom to push the domain to their new eNom account. Slipping out of the webhost's grasp completely. Not guaranteed to work because eNom will probably refer them back to their webhost. But persistence often pays off.

Thanks for the tip Stu.

Not only that. They have experience in helping customers who are in the same boat with uncooperative hosts

Hi all, I am the client Aussie Bob was asking for and just wanted to come here myself and thankyou for you assistance. It worked. I was able to login to access.enom.com using the password I was given when I signed up with my old host and have now successfully changed my dns. Funny that within minutes of that occurring I finally received a reply from my old host saying they have unlocked my domain.

The only reason I could not change my nameservers was their whole site has been dodgy for several days and the Account login page returns 404 errors. There has been absolutely no money dispute as I am in fact still paid up with them for another 6 months.

Anyway, I'm off to tell the hundreds of others affected by the same company.

Thankyou

Thanks guys. The client just got back to me and the access.enom.com worked a treat. I owe you guys a beer!

Congrats miskairal & Aussie Bob for success and fast resolution.

BTW miskairal if you are feeling uncomfortable with your current domain service provider, you should move your domain to some other provider like stu suggested or you can also transfer the same to some other Registrar like godaddy or answerable, where you will have direct control over your domain.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Glad to hear it all worked out well for a change