Hosting multiple domains?

hi,

On a shared host(hostgator, bluehost), when you create an extra domain, it creates a folder in the main domain's public_html folder. Is there any shared host that allows you to create the domain that prevents it from being accessed through the main domain?

for example:

I have domain boom.com and i want to add boom2.com to my hosting account but i DON'T want it to be accessible the following 2 ways.

boom2.boom.com
    or
    boom.com/boom2

Pretty much, is there any host that will create separate public_html folders at a higher level for each domain? If so, can you give me some recommendations?

thanks.

The beauty of H-Sphere is that each domain is in a separate, independent, directory.

Find yourself a good H-Sphere host and you'll never touch CPanel again. Personally, I recommend Steadfast Networks (and I am a current customer).

A WHM/CPanel reseller account would probably also work for what you're looking for. But, it's still CPanel. {shudder}

(I used CPanel for 15 years... 15 years that I can never get back...).
    ~ But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

This should be possible with any web host which has a certain level of customization of shared hosting or if they run their own server automation system. Just choose a few companies and send them requests.
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Steadfast Network shared plans seems a little bit expensive. What about IX Web Hosting. They have an h-sphere panel as well. Anyone have any experience with them?

I have IX and they had some issues last year (downtime and emails queued). They have been good for quite a while now. knock on wood However I don't think I will renew my hosting plan with them when my contract is up.
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

Anyone have any experience with them?
    They've been around for a while, and there's plenty of feedback on them:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...=&imagestamp=&

Quote Originally Posted by hyeteck View Post
    Steadfast Network shared plans seems a little bit expensive.
    That will happen when the host isn't massively overselling...

Quote Originally Posted by hyeteck View Post
    What about IX Web Hosting. They have an h-sphere panel as well. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Well, IX offers "Unlimited Domains, Unlimited Data Transfer, and Unlimited Web Space" for under $5/month. Clearly they have mastered the whole space-time continuum thing. Any company with that kind of knowledge must be exceptional.
    ~ But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

You could make mod_rewrite rules so that if somebody goes to boom.com/boom2 it rewrits to http://www.boom2.com/

That could be one solution.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

you have have separate domain hosted in the same account if you purchase your hosting plan with unlimited domain hosting features.
    All you need to do is to register a new domain name and point this to the DNS you were provided in your intial domain hosting.
    then simply add on the domain in your cpanel.
    You are domain.
    You may want to try make some enquiry from the web hosting provider before you order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by afhostin View Post
    you have have separate domain hosted in the same account if you purchase your hosting plan with unlimited domain hosting features.
    All you need to do is to register a new domain name and point this to the DNS you were provided in your intial domain hosting.
    then simply add on the domain in your cpanel.
    You are domain.
    You may want to try make some enquiry from the web hosting provider before you order from them.
    umm, i don't think you understood my question but thanks for the help.

Thanks to all the other posts. I just signed up with steadfast and so far the experience is great. Great support, great network, easily manage multiple domains with h-sphere. I'm really liking h-sphere.