Ie no longer saves cookies

I was working on a script and the setcookie worked perfectly. However for some reaosn the cookies are no longer being saved in IE. It still works in FireFox though. I checked my IE settings to make sure the script wasn't being blocked and it wasn't. Also I have other cookie based scripts on the same domain and they still let me login. So I wonder do I have to set a custom cookie name in order for this to work? When I view the cookie name when it worked in IE, the cookie name would be saved as the directory name like /new_site/ while other cookies are named Cookie:[email protected]/

Is that the problem or is there something wrong with my IE? I asked someone to test this and they said that they can still login with IE.

What language are you using? If possible, post the relevant code.

would you like me to test for you on IE 6.0?

Quote Originally Posted by clrockwell View Post
    What language are you using? If possible, post the relevant code.

Using php setcookie function.

Hmm perhaps this is just an IE bug on my end when I tried to access a file that I was working on directly that is password protected. Perhaps the redirect screwed up my cookies or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lexington View Post
    Hmm perhaps this is just an IE bug on my end when I tried to access a file that I was working on directly that is password protected. Perhaps the redirect screwed up my cookies or something.
    It shouldn't matter, did you use the entire domain for the domain name option in setcookie or just a subdomain. Try the first.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

I didn't specify a path since it seemed to work without it. It displayed the path to that directory only on default.

I restored a backup of my PC and it works again.